Weird clicking noise when stopping?!? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 Old 05-18-2015, 08:12 AM
lurtonk
2015 WK 

When I had a problem with my Ford, they couldn't fix it.
When I had a problem with my Buick, they wouldn't fix it.
Never had a problem with a Toyota because I never had the desire to purchase one.
Never have a had problem with my JGC.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 05-18-2015, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
j73m6
2019 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtonk View Post
When I had a problem with my Ford, they couldn't fix it.
When I had a problem with my Buick, they wouldn't fix it.
Never had a problem with a Toyota because I never had the desire to purchase one.
Never have a had problem with my JGC.
I envy you!!

I guess it goes to show how every case is different. I like many things about this car, but the problems I have had with it so far....the only one they have been able to fix is replacing the valve body in the transmission, and I had to wait 5 months for that as they didn't have the part. (this was because the tranny was sputtering and jerking badly, with less than 2,000 miles on it)

Everything else....they tell me it's normal.
Car clicks at below 5mph....normal.
Car clicks in the glove compartment area when I release the windshield washer fluid and when I lock and unlock the doors...normal.
Roof rattles and buzzes over slightest bumps...normal.
Rear passenger side door rattles and buzzes constantly....normal.
post #33 of 39 Old 05-20-2015, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
j73m6
2019 WK 

Update: I brought it in to a THIRD dealership yesterday, and after months and months of attempts...it's finally fixed!! (well....sort of; the noise is still there, but it's so faint now, that I can deal with this)

It was the transfer case actuator. They had to replace it as they said it was defective. I had to wait there until 10pm, but I guess I'm lucky to have gone to a dealership that actually stays open that late.

So thanks to the other forum members that believed my problem, and to the members that thought I'm making something out of nothing: this is proof that maybe you don't have to always accept what you're told. I'm happy I kept trying, after MUCH aggravation and months of being told it's "normal", I finally got it taken care of. Even though it still has a faint noise, it's truly much better than what it was before.

Now if I can just get that rattle/buzzing in the roof fixed...

Last edited by j73m6; 06-01-2015 at 07:11 AM.

post #34 of 39 Old 06-25-2015, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
j73m6
2019 WK 

Well.....lucky me...it's now a month after getting it "fixed", and the noise is back, just as loud as before, and with a higher occurrence than before. Uggghhh
post #35 of 39 Old 06-25-2015, 12:31 PM
dcorn

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, mine clicks all the time while driving at low speeds. My '04 GC made all sorts of weird noises coming from the trans. I just tune it out (which is probably slowly killing my brain).

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
post #36 of 39 Old 06-25-2015, 12:44 PM
Jurassic_Jeep
2014 WK 

I think dcorn described it. My JGC has clicking sound that tends to be correlated with a gear change but sometimes even when its not changing gears and just idling in D with the brake on. It not super loud (can only hear it where the windows are down and radio/fans off) but do believe its the solenoid pack clicking. You might be able to reproduce the click sound simply by going to D,N or R. The older solenoid packs (non-ZF transmissions) made like trickling sounds (like when you go through a deck off playing cars...or something like that) at every gear change and clicking sounds.
post #37 of 39 Old 04-16-2021, 09:48 AM
gemini2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
j73m6,
Please private message me your VIN and dealer. I'll get in touch with you once I have that information.
Thank you,
Hello, I am having this same clicking from my 2015 Grand Cherokee and am scheduled to take it to the Dallas Chrysler Jeep Ram tomorrow morning. Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!
Steve

FYI I can't post links as I'm new here but forum was titled: weird-clicking-noise-when-stopping-3136441
post #38 of 39 Old 04-16-2021, 10:27 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The ABS makes a clicking noise sometimes when braking or calibrating. Thats normal.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #39 of 39 Old 04-19-2021, 01:19 PM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini2102 View Post
Hello, I am having this same clicking from my 2015 Grand Cherokee and am scheduled to take it to the Dallas Chrysler Jeep Ram tomorrow morning. Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!
Steve

FYI I can't post links as I'm new here but forum was titled: weird-clicking-noise-when-stopping-3136441
Hey, Steve. How did your appointment go? Are you still in need of assistance? If so, send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in