Water Leak - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-23-2020, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Harriedtwo

2011 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Water Leak

My issue is with a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited. It has a leak from the rear gate which really has me puzzled. We have a WeatherTech floor mat in the back area of the Jeep WK2 but it is collecting water after a rain. I got inside the Jeep to see if I could figure out the issue but the only thing I could find was where the plastic housing which covers the windshield & washer area extends inside the cabin and over the floor mat. Does anyone know where this problem is originating? Do you have any suggestions on fixing it? I know the rubber seal has a few tears where the lock is located, but this is below the point where the water is coming into the cabin; I'll fix this by installing the rubber sealant to glue the tears together.

Thanks for any help you can provide. This is on my wife's Jeep so you know she wants it fixed yesterday!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-23-2020, 11:33 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There is an antenna up there and the grommets where wires run through the body have a tendency to leak. The hose to the rear washer has a tendency to pop off. You could have a bad wiper bushing.

Some people think I'm stupid and I totally disagree. But my biggest fear is that me thinking I'm smart proves them right.
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 3 Old 07-23-2020, 01:37 PM
danelo
2012 WK 

Definitely check all the grommets. I had one that was bad and was leaking. The grommet was molded onto the wire harness and half had torn away. Instead of replacing the whole wire harness, which I think I could not find anyways. I built up the grommet by putting several thin layers of plastic dip. It looks terrible but has stopped leaking. It has held up for a couple years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in