With the warranty questions lately - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By ColdCase

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-03-2019, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Gozira
2018 WK 

With the warranty questions lately

We received a letter from our service dealer stating our warranty plan will expire next month. Our factory warranty doesn't expire until Dec. 2020. The dealer has been closed since we received the letter, so we couldn't ask them about this.
We found something about a oil plan that states it's for 4 oil changes and we have 3 left. Maybe that is what is expiring?

So then we were also looking to see if it had something to do with our Maxcare warranty, and we can't find any reference to the Maxcare warranty using either the VIN#, or the contract number. So, I will have to contact Tom Winkles to find out about that. We have all of the paperwork for the warranty, just can't find any reference to it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-03-2019, 10:13 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Some of those oil change service contracts provides an oil change every 6 months, four over a two year period, whether you use it or not. So it could be expiring with oil changes left. A lot of variations in plans, however. When you log in the owners portal at Jeep.com and add or find your vehicle, it should list all the service contracts, including oil changes. If not, you probably will need to contact the dealer that sold you the warranty and have him straighten it out.

Dealer sometimes include, for free, a service contract that covers loaners, oil changes, and sometimes for wheel damage. Those should also be listed, and may be expiring.

I was born with nuttin' and I still have most of it.
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 12 Old 11-03-2019, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Gozira
2018 WK 

The odd thing is, we didn't purchase the plan and didn't even know about it. If I would have known, I would have had the oil changed at least twice by now.
In looking up about the plans, it says it's non-transferable, so I don't think it was from the previous owner.
Maybe we were charged for the plan without being informed about it? But, we've only owned the JGC for less than a year.
Is there a way to roll over the remaining oil changes?

post #4 of 12 Old 11-03-2019, 10:39 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

When I bough my Ram, the salesman said to bring the Truck in anytime for service and they would give me a car to drive around for the day, go shopping. Later I found that they implemented that by buying a service plan. I wouldn't have known it if I didn't check the portal.

I think those dealers that provide free oil changes do something similar.

post #5 of 12 Old 11-03-2019, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Gozira
2018 WK 

What's the portal? Where do I find it?
post #6 of 12 Old 11-03-2019, 12:04 PM
GregK340
2017 WK 

Could be the Jeep Wave Program . 4 oil changes and tire rotations in first 2 years. Too bad the dealer didn't tell you about it. Comes with the TrailHawk and up trim levels.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Roadijeff

Yes, the Jeep Wave. You can get 4 free oil changes in the first two years but if you do not use all of them they expire after two years. I've received 3 free synthetic oil changes on my 2018 HA so far. I think it's a pretty good deal. However, I had to ask about the program. The dealer that sold me my GC didn't say anything about it, I learned about it on the forums.

About the warranty expiration notices, I've received things in the mail over the past month or so that says the warranty on my GC is about to expire and to call a phone # listed in the letter to sign up for an extended plan. I already purchased a MaxCare lifetime warranty when I first bought it last year. I figured the letter was just some company that had a database of all new Chrysler vehicle owners and sent out that mailing to all of us without knowing if we had an extended warranty. My MaxCare plan shows up in my Mopar owner's dashboard website, so I'm not concerned about it.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-03-2019, 05:38 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I get warranty expiration notices from warranty companies on cars I haven't owned for 10 years
Rmcalis1694 and wildbill23c like this.

post #9 of 12 Old 11-04-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Gozira
2018 WK 

Our Maxcare doesn't show up on the Mopar website. I guess that's the dashboard?
I sent Tom an email over the weekend, but haven't heard back. I'll give him a call if he doesn't respond.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-06-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Gozira
2018 WK 

Tom Winkles got back to me and he said the dealer we bought from, didn't fill out the paper work to transfer ownership to our name. The Maxcare was listed for the VIN, but it had the original owners name. Tom got that all sorted out, and now our Maxcare shows on the dashboard.
Tom also confirmed our letter, it's the Jeep Wave. I sure wish the dealer would have told us about that because, we didn't know anything about it, or even heard of it. Now it's about to expire and we didn't get to use it.
post #11 of 12 Old 11-11-2019, 02:58 PM
Fast55

2017 WK 

Garage
Same exact problem I had with my TH. Bought the warranty and they registered it to the previous owner. It's just a combination of being lazy and incompetent. My water pump failure was apparently a blessing in disguise. If that hadn't happened I would have never known about the problem until I went to use it or get a refund............

2017 Trailhawk
Active Safety, Luxury group, Blind spot detection
Hemi
Rock Rails, Chief Products
post #12 of 12 Old 11-12-2019, 11:04 AM
mudbear
2019 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast55 View Post
Same exact problem I had with my TH. Bought the warranty and they registered it to the previous owner. It's just a combination of being lazy and incompetent. My water pump failure was apparently a blessing in disguise. If that hadn't happened I would have never known about the problem until I went to use it or get a refund............
Sheer incompetence. I followed your issues in the other “Dealer” thread and it made my head spin.

They’re pushing a new vehicle gold plan comprehensive warranty on me. The 7 year/160 K kilometres version is 5 grand after tax in Canada.

Reading these ridiculous service stories leads me to conclude that I should just bank the 5 g’s and self insure for anything beyond the standard warranty.

Hoping it turns around for you.

19 WK2 5.7 High Altitude current, gone:
16 WK2 3.6 Limited
03 WJ 4.7 HO Limited
94 ZJ 5.2 Laredo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in