US vers Canadian Version - Differences? - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bilko

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-16-2021, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Aero_Dave

US vers Canadian Version - Differences?

Just picked-up a Fully Loaded 2019 Grand Cherokee Overland High Altitude. Itís a Canadian version I got here in the US. The only thing so far I can see thatís different, is it doesnít say Overland on the seats or any badges outside either. Anyone know what else might be different from a US version?

Thanks,
Dave...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-16-2021, 11:32 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

How the DRLs work are different I think.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 8 Old 10-17-2021, 10:07 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Unless somethings has changed recently, you cannot get warranty service in the US on a Canadian vehicle unless you are a tourist (i.e. Canadian plates). I hear you can get service in Canada. Jeep Canada and Jeep US operate like two separate companies.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

post #4 of 8 Old 10-18-2021, 09:22 AM
pkman

2020 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Unless somethings has changed recently, you cannot get warranty service in the US on a Canadian vehicle unless you are a tourist (i.e. Canadian plates). I hear you can get service in Canada. Jeep Canada and Jeep US operate like two separate companies.
True - My warranty is void on my 2020 since I registered it in the US (LA). I couldn't even purchase a warranty from Mopar

Current: 2020 Altitude, 3.6, tow package, QTII
Previous: 2002 WJ Overland,
1999 TJ Sport,
2003 Liberty,
1995 YJ
1965 CJ-5 - First vehicle - purchased 1976
1963 J-300
post #5 of 8 Old 10-18-2021, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Aero_Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkman View Post
True - My warranty is void on my 2020 since I registered it in the US (LA). I couldn't even purchase a warranty from Mopar
PKman, have you looked into getting a 3rd party warranty? I can't image not having some kind of warranty on these Expensive Driving Computers! I know I want to get something good, just not should who's the Best 3rd party warranty company?

Dave...
post #6 of 8 Old 10-18-2021, 03:51 PM
Jurassic_Jeep
2014 WK 

UConnect in Canada doesn't not have Wifi, well it does, but its disabled. Jeep was not able to secure a internet carrier here for what ever reason....at least that's how it was in 2014...might be different now.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 3.6L V6.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-19-2021, 11:32 AM
pkman

2020 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Dave View Post
PKman, have you looked into getting a 3rd party warranty? I can't image not having some kind of warranty on these Expensive Driving Computers! I know I want to get something good, just not should who's the Best 3rd party warranty company?

Dave...
I actually started buying a policy from Endurance but my wife panicked at the cost since we were in the middle of buying a house. Looking into it again. I don't know who offers the best 3rd party warranty? The selling dealer told me I would be able to get a refund on part of the extended warranty I originally purchased, but when it came down to it they lied.

Current: 2020 Altitude, 3.6, tow package, QTII
Previous: 2002 WJ Overland,
1999 TJ Sport,
2003 Liberty,
1995 YJ
1965 CJ-5 - First vehicle - purchased 1976
1963 J-300
post #8 of 8 Old 10-19-2021, 02:43 PM
Bilko
2012 WK 

You need to look into the business case of any third-party warrantees. They often have so many exclusions you are better off just putting the money aside and using it to pay for repairs if needed. Mechanically the WK2s are very reliable vehicles, they may have some minor issues but it's very unlikely a WK2 will leave you stranded at the side of the road.

Many of the user issues are related to electronic features that are unlikely to be covered by a third-party warranty anyway. They usually also exclude any repairs associated with air suspension.

Your best insurance is to perform the manufactures recommended maintenance schedule, either do it yourself or go to a Jeep dealer or use a local shop if you can find one you can trust. Where I live there are some incredible independent workshops but there are also some really bad ones so you have to do some research.
pkman likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in