Upgraded Seats, How to get Vented seats to work? - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2008OverlandCRD

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-01-2021, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
gt942nv00

Upgraded Seats, How to get Vented seats to work?

I'm not able to get the vented seats to work. I turned on Ďfront vented seats presentí in JScan which did make the icon appear in the uconnect screen. It will not turn on when I click on it. The new drivers seat has the memory harness and all plugs attached. When I go under MODULES in JScan and click on MEMORY SEATS it says "this module is not installed in this vehicle". I added the memory seat switch and wiring in the driver's door with no luck making it register. Iíve read thatís thereís a second vented seat setting that has to be turned on under memory so I think thatís my problem. I have the MSM (memory seat module) setting active that's under MODULES CABIN NETWORK. I spoke with JScan support and they weren't able to help me.

The seats and console are laguna leather from a 2021 Trackhawk that I purchased from Ebay. All the wiring matched up in my 2020 Altitude. I already had heated front seats and it works in the new ones also. The new rear seats are heated and I donít have the wiring in the back for that. So Iím not gonna worry about that for now. The factory passenger seat was manual and the new seat is power. Once plugged in, power and lumbar settings all work correctly on both sides. Both USB plugs in the back of the new console work also, my factory console didn't have them.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5010.jpg   IMG_4990.jpg   IMG_5067.jpg   IMG_4963.jpg   IMG_4918.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-01-2021, 12:53 PM
WK2Overland4X4

I can't help you, but I'm following along.

2021 Summit L 4X4 Bright White/Steel Gray, 3.6 , ProTech IV, Lux Tech V.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-01-2021, 04:59 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Did the new seats also come with their module. I wonder if this is one of those options that has to be added to the VIN and the PCM reflashed.... you could try resetting the Jeep by disconnecting the battery(s) for 5 minutes.

I think the PCM decodes the VIN and configures the other modules. Perhaps the PCM isn't telling the BCM that vented seats are present. So that second setting may be buried in the PCM?

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

post #4 of 6 Old 08-01-2021, 07:59 PM
2008OverlandCRD
2017 WK 

How much did those seats cost if you donít mind sharing? They look good.
Mevans010 likes this.

2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4, 5.7 Hemi & 2017 SRT 6.4L & 2020 Trackhawk 6.2L Supercharged
post #5 of 6 Old 08-02-2021, 04:30 PM
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt942nv00 View Post
I'm not able to get the vented seats to work. I turned on ‘front vented seats present’ in JScan which did make the icon appear in the uconnect screen. It will not turn on when I click on it. The new drivers seat has the memory harness and all plugs attached. When I go under MODULES in JScan and click on MEMORY SEATS it says "this module is not installed in this vehicle". I added the memory seat switch and wiring in the driver's door with no luck making it register. I’ve read that’s there’s a second vented seat setting that has to be turned on under memory so I think that’s my problem. I have the MSM (memory seat module) setting active that's under MODULES CABIN NETWORK. I spoke with JScan support and they weren't able to help me.

The seats and console are laguna leather from a 2021 Trackhawk that I purchased from Ebay. All the wiring matched up in my 2020 Altitude. I already had heated front seats and it works in the new ones also. The new rear seats are heated and I don’t have the wiring in the back for that. So I’m not gonna worry about that for now. The factory passenger seat was manual and the new seat is power. Once plugged in, power and lumbar settings all work correctly on both sides. Both USB plugs in the back of the new console work also, my factory console didn't have them.
Are you interested in selling the flip up center console arm rest/console door from your removed 2020 Altitude center console. If so I'm interested PM me.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-03-2021, 02:56 PM
Jeffs3232

When I engage my ventilated seats I hear what sounds like a fan in the lower dash somewhere to power the air. Do you hear this fan? Willing to bet there's more to it than just plug and play seating. You're probably missing a few other components?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in