Uconnect started working spontaneously. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-13-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Cisco.Camacho

Uconnect started working spontaneously.

I bought my 2015 JGC Summit in September and Uconnect wasn't working. I took it to the dealer and was told not to bother fixing it as it's a $1,400+labor replacement.

Just minutes ago I received an email stating I need an oil change and a status of my tire pressure so I thought "How can it know all this about my car but Uconnect can't connect?" So I gave it a try and voila! It remotely unlocked, locked, and started my WK2 via the Mopar site as well as via the app on my Android phone.

Don't know how long it will last.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Roadijeff

Yes, that remote start via the phone app is a $300/yr subscription to SiriusXM Guardian. Hopefully, it will last a long time for you.

Mine was handy last winter when I was over 1/4 mile away from my GC and there had been a snow/ice storm while I was inside the building for 9 hours. Hardly any scraping when I stared it several times near the end of my shift and it had mostly melted any buildup off the windshield by the time I got to it. My free 1-yr subscription recently expired and I haven't decided if I'm going to renew it yet.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-15-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Cisco.Camacho

I called to ask for an extension on my trial which they granted so I am going to see how it goes for the next 3 months before making a commitment to subscribe. My Uconnect menu states $149.99 per year or $14.99 per month

I think $150 is worth it. I can blow out the hot air before I get in on hot days and make sure it's warm inside on cold days with remote start, during the holidays or concert and amusement park parking the GPS location of my car and the Horn & Lights feature will come in handy, also if I loan my Jeep to my dad or want to just jump in my car and go, then the Send 'n Go feature will be really nice.

Maybe I am too optimistic considering all the failures I have read about Uconnect.

I'll just see how it goes but U like it so far!

post #4 of 4 Old 11-15-2019, 12:37 PM
GPSBob
2015 WK 

I have a subscription to Uconnect Access, for the reasons you mention. Especially the Send 'n Go. It's overpriced (in my opinion), but has nice features. I've read about issues that others have had, but it has been working well for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in