Uconnect map update problems - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 07-25-2021, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Raptor

Uconnect map update problems

Received an e-mail from [email protected] offering me a map update for my 2018 Overland for $99.00. Went for it... probably should have waited!!

Just received that $99.00 update from https://fcagroup.navigation.com/home...v4or1sfpq1dnp8, They call this the UCONNECT NAVIGATION STORE, Man what a disaster!!

This was my install experience;

First they instructed me to "update" my headunit software.
I have a 2018 Overland but the thing is I just successfully received an over the air software update about a month ago.
My headunit software version was updated to 21.11.11 then. When I ordered the map update they ask for your Application Version so they can send the proper software update before the map update can be installed. I was running Application version USA-IR-22.64.0-202110318-10G5 then.

Following instructions I "updated my Software version" using the supplied USB stick. (They sent me one Software update USB and one Map update USB) Problem is after a successful software update my Software Version was now 21.05.11 and my Application Version was now USA-ASO-8.4-QR-39.5.0-20210201-Q0H0 which appeared to me to be an older software version than the 21.11.11 version I had after last months over the air update.

My bigger problem is now I no longer have the Jeep Off Road Pages in the app screens anymore!
I didn't install the Map update and I want my Off Road pages back before I do anything else. Anyone have a similar issue or any recommendations on how to proceed??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-25-2021, 07:42 PM
WK2Overland4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Received an e-mail from [email protected] offering me a map update for my 2018 Overland for $99.00. Went for it... probably should have waited!!

Just received that $99.00 update from https://fcagroup.navigation.com/home...v4or1sfpq1dnp8, They call this the UCONNECT NAVIGATION STORE, Man I wish I didn't!!

This was my install experience;

First they instructed me to "update" my headunit software.
I have a 2018 Overland but the thing is I just successfully received an over the air software update about a month ago.
My headunit software version was updated to 21.11.11 then. When I ordered the map update they ask for your Application Version so they can send the proper software update before the map update can be installed. I was running Application version USA-IR-202110318-10G5 then.

Following instructions I "updated my Software version" using the supplied USB stick. (They sent me one Software update USB and one Map update USB) Problem is after a successful software update my Software Version was now 21.05.11 and my Application Version was now USA-ASO-8.4-QR-39.5.0-20210201-Q0H0 which appeared to me to be an older software version than the 21.11.11 version I had after last months over the air update.

My bigger problem is now I no longer have the Jeep Off Road Pages in the app screens anymore!
I didn't install the Map update and I want my Off Road pages back before I do anything else. Anyone have a similar issue or any recommendations on how to proceed??
First, are you still under bumper to bumper warranty? If so, I wouldn't sweat it and forge on as instructed. If not, give it a couple times of fully shutting down and powering up to see if it goes back to "Jeep" mode? are any colors off, like menus more in blue than before? They default to "Chrysler" mode until it detects which vehicle it is in, then will show "Jeep/Dodge/Ram"...

2021 Summit L 4X4 Bright White/Steel Gray, 3.6 , ProTech IV, Lux Tech V.
post #3 of 23 Old 07-25-2021, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Raptor

No unfortunately the 3/36 warrantee has timed out.

Now on startup the JEEP logo on my Head unit isn't as large as it used to be and under it, it now says in smaller type "Since 1941" The Climate Control logos are also somewhat larger & different.

The backround menu color theme defaulted to an Orange, like when it was new, which I was able to change back to a Blue colored theme that I was running before the update. There appears to be more Theme choices than I remember though? Hopefully a couple of dozen key cycles will get me back my Offroad Pages?? And why was my headunit software version downgraded not updated to 21.05.11 from 21.11.11??

post #4 of 23 Old 07-25-2021, 09:30 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

If I recall correctly, there were reports here that it took a day or two the get all the functionality back.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #5 of 23 Old 07-27-2021, 10:18 AM
RedTrex
2014 WK 

You should be able to get 21.11.11 over the air again once it realizes there is an update out there. I would think.. Otherwise, someone can send you the file.

2003 Libby 2x4 (Gone)
2004 Libby 4x4 (Gone)
2013 Wrangler JKU (Gone)
2014 WK2 Ecodiesel (485 tq)
post #6 of 23 Old 07-27-2021, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTrex View Post
You should be able to get 21.11.11 over the air again once it realizes there is an update out there. I would think.. Otherwise, someone can send you the file.
The thing is Uconnect has my VIN as already being updated to Software version 21.11.11 even though the Uconnect Map update has now downgraded my Software Version to 21.05.11

When I enter my VIN here;

https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...ate/en-ca.html

It says my Jeep is "Up to date"

Calling the UConnect 800 number is useless and a complete waste of time. I was hung up on TWICE!! F**king BullS**t.

Complete Incompetence Like talking to a bag of dirt and expecting a resolution!!
post #7 of 23 Old 08-01-2021, 09:58 AM
Mabcrnp

Hi-Iím having the same problem with the downgraded version of software for my jeep grand Cherokee (2018) after receiving with my map upgrade. How did you solve your issue of getting the upgraded software back to 21.11.11?
Thanks!
post #8 of 23 Old 08-02-2021, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabcrnp View Post
Hi-I’m having the same problem with the downgraded version of software for my jeep grand Cherokee (2018) after receiving with my map upgrade. How did you solve your issue of getting the upgraded software back to 21.11.11?
Thanks!
Welcome to the club! Went for a Map update and had my Headunit software downgraded to an older version! Even though it was just Upgraded OTA less than a month ago!

Did you have OffRoad Pages that disappeared as well?

Unfortunately I didn't get this resolved at all!

HERE Technologies who sell the map update but don't stand behind it couldn't/wouldn't help. Their solution was to pass the buck onto UConnect, I was told "we just sell the software we don't write it, call UConnect" When I explained that "you" meaning HERE, sold me this defective product and "you" will be not getting paid for it when I dispute the charge for it with my c/c company the C/S rep promptly hung up!!!

On to the C/S rep from UConnect who was even worse. Barely could speak English (Kenyon, was his name) Told me to take my Jeep to the nearest dealer and let them "figure it out". When I asked if Uconnect was going to pick up the $140.00/hour diagnostic fee for a radio headunit that was perfectly fine until this Map & Software "Update" he claimed I was "wasting his time". I asked to speak with a supervisor, was told he didn't have one, even though he could barely speak English, then claimed he was the supervisor and also hung up!!! I sent a complaint to UConnect thru their Chat/Help system on 7/27/21, got a confirmation e-mail back saying they received it and would reply back in three days........... but guess what nothing yet.

Edit: Received an e-mail reply from HERE Tech asked for pics of my Headunit Display in Dealer Mode showing the Software and Application Version before and after their Map "Update" I sent them in and a couple of days later they replied;. "We apologize for the inconvenience. The software update USB alters the Application Version but should not downgrade the system software or remove pages as it does not have access to these." Obviously that statement isn't true as I wouldn't have this issue if it was!!
But the best line was "please contact Uconnect Customer Service @ 877 855-8400" which I have done twice which was and is a complete waste of time!!
Tarheel6521 likes this.
post #9 of 23 Old 08-02-2021, 05:25 PM
Tarheel6521

I am no confident I will not buy the update they've offered for my 2020 GC HA!!!
post #10 of 23 Old 08-03-2021, 12:24 PM
RedTrex
2014 WK 

I just updated maps on my 2014 for the 2nd time. No issue other than it taking longer than advertised. Only did it because it was $99.

2003 Libby 2x4 (Gone)
2004 Libby 4x4 (Gone)
2013 Wrangler JKU (Gone)
2014 WK2 Ecodiesel (485 tq)
post #11 of 23 Old 08-03-2021, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTrex View Post
I just updated maps on my 2014 for the 2nd time. No issue other than it taking longer than advertised. Only did it because it was $99.
Yea that was my thought as well!

Should have saved the $99.00
post #12 of 23 Old 08-10-2021, 12:44 PM
Chuckmiller

Raptor, what is the current status of this?

I just received the $99 update offer via e-mail.
post #13 of 23 Old 08-10-2021, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckmiller View Post
Raptor, what is the current status of this?

I just received the $99 update offer via e-mail.
Still getting the run around... endless excuses and finger pointing "at the other company" I'd pass on that Update if I could go back and do it again!!!!
post #14 of 23 Old 08-31-2021, 01:17 PM
DoHowv
2018 WK 

Question Wondering if I should do the map update to my 2018 GCTH???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Still getting the run around... endless excuses and finger pointing "at the other company" I'd pass on that Update if I could go back and do it again!!!!
Has there been any resolution to the map update issues? Wondering if I should do the map update to my 2018 GCTH???
Thanks.........
post #15 of 23 Old 08-31-2021, 01:32 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Check what firmware version your radio is at. If older then it usually goes well. If newer than the one supplied with the map update, then wait. The ‘minimum viable product’ concept that has taken over coding has pushed a lot of bad code through that wasn't caught with a proper level of testing. You can thank google/android for that cost cutting concept.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in