Uconnect 17.11.07 update via USB - JeepForum.com
 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 90 Old 10-21-2017, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
lneib
Registered User
 
lneib's Avatar
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Newtown
Posts: 19
Garage
Uconnect 17.11.07 update via USB

Last night, I noticed that the UConnect site finally had the 17.11.07 available for download for my vehicle. I have a 2014 JGC Limited and the 8.4AN radio. I am currently running 16.13.13 and want to upgrade to the latest and greatest because I have been thinking about updating my maps. I downloaded the software via a direct download to my hard drive, then extracted the files from my Hard Drive, (Windows 10), directly to a USB stick. took the USB stick plugged it into the USB port in the vehicle. It recognized it and reset the radio. When the radio rebooted before preforming the upgrade it told me that my radio was not compatible with the software I downloaded from the site. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a work around/fix? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

lneib is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 90 Old 10-21-2017, 02:34 PM
kdg454
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: So Jersey
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by lneib View Post
Last night, I noticed that the UConnect site finally had the 17.11.07 available for download for my vehicle. I have a 2014 JGC Limited and the 8.4AN radio. I am currently running 16.13.13 and want to upgrade to the latest and greatest because I have been thinking about updating my maps. I downloaded the software via a direct download to my hard drive, then extracted the files from my Hard Drive, (Windows 10), directly to a USB stick. took the USB stick plugged it into the USB port in the vehicle. It recognized it and reset the radio. When the radio rebooted before preforming the upgrade it told me that my radio was not compatible with the software I downloaded from the site. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a work around/fix? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
I am having the same issue. Check your vehicle build date. It seems that early 2014 builds, mine is July 2014, are having this issue. uConnect is aware of the issue but have yet to provide a solution. I read elsewhere that owners with early build 2014's have been successful downloading and updating 17.11.07 using the MY13 files rather than the MY14 files.
I sent you a PM
lneib likes this.
kdg454 is offline  
post #3 of 90 Old 10-21-2017, 03:46 PM
croach08
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdg454 View Post
I am having the same issue. Check your vehicle build date. It seems that early 2014 builds, mine is July 2014, are having this issue. uConnect is aware of the issue but have yet to provide a solution. I read elsewhere that owners with early build 2014's have been successful downloading and updating 17.11.07 using the MY13 files rather than the MY14 files.
I sent you a PM


Correct me if Iím wrong but donít my13 jeeps have a completely different old uconnect system?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
croach08 is offline  
 
post #4 of 90 Old 10-21-2017, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
lneib
Registered User
 
lneib's Avatar
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Newtown
Posts: 19
Garage
Thank you, I did see your PM and I did respond for the thread my JGC was built in May 2013 according to the sticker on the door. is there anyway to tell which radio I have? Is there a version number somewhere on the radio? How can I tell if I have a My13 or My14.
lneib is offline  
post #5 of 90 Old 10-21-2017, 04:20 PM
kdg454
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: So Jersey
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by croach08 View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t my13 jeeps have a completely different old uconnect system?
I believe you are correct, the MY13 Jeeps are different, however some FCA MY13 came with the 8.4/RA3 radio. There is a 17.11.07 8.4/RA3 update file for MY13 on driveuconnect.
kdg454 is offline  
post #6 of 90 Old 10-21-2017, 05:27 PM
kdg454
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: So Jersey
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by lneib View Post
How can I tell if I have a My13 or My14.
https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Jeep
kdg454 is offline  
post #7 of 90 Old 10-22-2017, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
lneib
Registered User
 
lneib's Avatar
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Newtown
Posts: 19
Garage
Thanks, This really didn't tell me too much and it had some of mis-information, it was saying I had a Jeep Patriot with a V-6 when I have a JGC with a V8
lneib is offline  
post #8 of 90 Old 10-22-2017, 08:04 AM
kdg454
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: So Jersey
Posts: 85
Ah, Sorry. It was spot on for my VIN.
kdg454 is offline  
post #9 of 90 Old 10-23-2017, 07:43 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care
 
JeepCares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MOPAR World Headquarters
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by lneib View Post
Last night, I noticed that the UConnect site finally had the 17.11.07 available for download for my vehicle. I have a 2014 JGC Limited and the 8.4AN radio. I am currently running 16.13.13 and want to upgrade to the latest and greatest because I have been thinking about updating my maps. I downloaded the software via a direct download to my hard drive, then extracted the files from my Hard Drive, (Windows 10), directly to a USB stick. took the USB stick plugged it into the USB port in the vehicle. It recognized it and reset the radio. When the radio rebooted before preforming the upgrade it told me that my radio was not compatible with the software I downloaded from the site. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a work around/fix? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Hi lneib,

I'm sorry to hear about this, Uconnect is aware of the concern you are experiencing and is investigating further. Please send us a PM with your VIN so I can pass it along for further review as well.

Andrea
Jeep Social Care Specialist
lneib likes this.
JeepCares is online now  
post #10 of 90 Old 10-23-2017, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
lneib
Registered User
 
lneib's Avatar
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Newtown
Posts: 19
Garage
Thanks Andrea, PM just sent with the requested information
lneib is offline  
post #11 of 90 Old 10-23-2017, 07:19 PM
jacko15
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania's North Shore
Posts: 1,437
The downloaded software (v17.11.07) obtained by using vin at update site has failed to install on '14 JGC models built on or before July 2013. (Software is incompatible screen)

This same software has installed successfully on models built on or after August 2013.

There was an OTA version (v17.11.17) that installed successfully on pre-August 2013 builds, but this version had some issues, and was not widely pushed out to owners.

If I recall correctly, in the middle of the extended 2014 model year build cycle, there was a hardware change to the 8.4A/AN radios that added features that couldn't be activated on the earlier models. I'm thinking this could have something to do with our issues with this update.

I believe the radios in the pre August 2013 build date Grand Cherokees are the same radio (hardware version) as those used in 2013 Dodge Ram trucks with the 8.4 screen. There are owners using vin numbers from those 2013 Ram with 8.4 A/AN radios downloading software updates from the Uconnect update site that are successfully installing on their pre August 2013 build Grand Cherokee radios. I'm not suggesting anyone do this without the caveat that FCA could possibly void your warranty for using what could be considered a hack to update their radio software.
lneib likes this.

Mine: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V/6
ORA II
Hers: 2017 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
jacko15 is offline  
post #12 of 90 Old 10-23-2017, 09:59 PM
C0mbatChris
Registered User
 
C0mbatChris's Avatar
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Surprise
Posts: 445
I have upgraded my radio to a RA4AN from the regular 8.4 with the purchase of a radio from infotainment .com, but they can't update the radios once purchased. I was wondering if someone would be willing to send me their VIN so I can get the update?
C0mbatChris is offline  
post #13 of 90 Old 10-24-2017, 08:09 AM
jacko15
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania's North Shore
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0mbatChris View Post
I have upgraded my radio to a RA4AN from the regular 8.4 with the purchase of a radio from infotainment .com, but they can't update the radios once purchased. I was wondering if someone would be willing to send me their VIN so I can get the update?
Just go to cars.com and find one the same model and year and equipped the same way, and use that vin.

Mine: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V/6
ORA II
Hers: 2017 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
jacko15 is offline  
post #14 of 90 Old 10-24-2017, 08:25 AM
codiac55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1
My 2015 with 8.4AN still only lists 16.16.13_MY15 on driveuconnect.com, and still no OTA pushed to me. Anyone with a 2015 able to see it online to download?
codiac55 is offline  
post #15 of 90 Old 10-24-2017, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
lneib
Registered User
 
lneib's Avatar
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Newtown
Posts: 19
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
The downloaded software (v17.11.07) obtained by using vin at update site has failed to install on '14 JGC models built on or before July 2013. (Software is incompatible screen)

This same software has installed successfully on models built on or after August 2013.

There was an OTA version (v17.11.17) that installed successfully on pre-August 2013 builds, but this version had some issues, and was not widely pushed out to owners.

If I recall correctly, in the middle of the extended 2014 model year build cycle, there was a hardware change to the 8.4A/AN radios that added features that couldn't be activated on the earlier models. I'm thinking this could have something to do with our issues with this update.

I believe the radios in the pre August 2013 build date Grand Cherokees are the same radio (hardware version) as those used in 2013 Dodge Ram trucks with the 8.4 screen. There are owners using vin numbers from those 2013 Ram with 8.4 A/AN radios downloading software updates from the Uconnect update site that are successfully installing on their pre August 2013 build Grand Cherokee radios. I'm not suggesting anyone do this without the caveat that FCA could possibly void your warranty for using what could be considered a hack to update their radio software.
Thank you for the suggestion, I am currently working with the Jeep Cares group for a possible suggestion / idea. Just yesterday they asked me for some information and I have forwarded them what they requested late yesterday afternoon. I am eagerly waiting for their response.

Current Jeep: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with Hemi V8 and tow package
Previous Jeeps: 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo
lneib is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome