12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 59 Old 01-05-2020, 07:51 PM
gspfunk

2019 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nydamon View Post
Butt coolers!!! Yeah it ain't hot yet but it will be.
Smooth, comfortable and powerful V6

Dislike: Would like a favorites menu to add certain features to the the radio display. For example, I like to adjust the equalizer when I'm jamming and don't want to scroll through the menu to find it.

ESS doesn't bother me. I actually worked with Denso years ago on the original technology and am glad to see it working well after blowing up so many starters during testing. I use the button...No ESS when the engine is cold and in stop and go traffic. Normal driving at some long stop lights is OK
You can to some extent. Touch and hold like an iPhone/Android phone. You can then move them around, including adjusting the static bar at the bottom. I have Audio Settings, Climate, Nav, Phone, & Media on mine, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyinnh View Post
Memorized seat and mirror positioning; I'm kinda tall, my wife is kinda short.
Overall size; not to big, not to small.
Dislikes:
When using remote start in cold weather, passenger seat heat does not come on. This ought to be selectable somewhere.
Position of phone button on steering wheel. I manage to activate quite often while backing up and turning, like backing out of a parking space.
Have you tried programming it in your memory seat/fob settings? I donít think Iíve ever tried to do the passenger heat/cool, but Iím now interested.

We are the same way (tall/short), so the memory seats were a huge deal. Itís actually one of the reasons I didnít get a JL. Not the only one, but a big one.

Nydamon likes this.

19 Sting-Gray WK2 Trailhawk | Hemi | MRR | Ridge Grapplers
08 Silver WK1 SRT8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 59 Old 01-05-2020, 09:07 PM
11LimitedJGC

I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7l 80,000 miles.

Two Things I like
--- Panoramic Sunroof, I love those things!
--- Looks great inside and out.

Two Things I Don't Like:
--- Quality - meaning, Jeep's miss on basic things (example, incorrect oil dipstick; typo's in user guide)
--- Fit / Finish - its just not as well-build a vehicle as the other brands I've driven

Overall I like it and we plan in keeping the vehicle for a long time. BUT - I would think twice before buying another one due to the (sometimes not-so minor) little quality things. Come on Jeep!

Daniel
post #48 of 59 Old 01-06-2020, 09:15 AM
Judgegavel

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11LimitedJGC View Post

Two Things I Don't Like:
--- Quality - meaning, Jeep's miss on basic things (example, incorrect oil dipstick; typo's in user guide)
--- Fit / Finish - its just not as well-build a vehicle as the other brands I've driven
Very Surprised, I think both the quality and fit/finish is excellent one of the reasons I went back for my second, I consider it close to the luxury/semi luxury brand cars I've owned (Audi, BMW, Mini) and certainly better than most other brands I've owned that were all fine (VW, Honda, Toyota, Mazda), and vastly superior to that of Subaru and Hyundai.

post #49 of 59 Old 01-06-2020, 12:03 PM
bicster
2016 WK 

I like....
- remote start on a cold (or hot!) day
- how the crystal black metallic paint looks when itís freshly washed and polished

I donít like...
- the rear doors donít support keyless entry (this is a pain when carrying a baby or toddler to the car)

- the rear seat is angled downwards which makes it harder to install rear facing car seats at the right angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #50 of 59 Old 01-06-2020, 12:58 PM
11LimitedJGC

Hi JudgeGavel,

I do wonder if I just got "unlucky" with mine. The failures I have had in the last 12 months alone include: Rear power liftgate (fixed). Cruise Control Switch (fixed). AC Actuator Motor and Gear breakage (fixed), discovered I had the incorrect dipstick in the Hemi engine (fixed), Variable Valve Timing system failure (fixed - glad I had an extended warranty).

Not yet fixed - short in the factory trailer wiring circuit somewhere (drains battery if fuse is installed); drive train shudder between 45-50mph (can't figure out). Drivers side seat back - the plastic piece, kinda slides out of place often. And I have an occasional rattle in the back trim somewhere, comes and goes.

But, the things that aren't unlucky is the dipstick - how do you make hundreds of thousands of engines with the incorrect dipstick, for years? And the misprints in the owners book on fluids, that seems pretty important to get right, as that's the basis for a lot of maintenance. Recommending wrong fluid seems inexcusable.

So - yeah. I love my Jeep. Mostly. But what I don't love are things that constantly nag....and that's what I don't like....

Maybe when you get a bad one, they are just really......bad?

D
post #51 of 59 Old 01-06-2020, 01:20 PM
PwnCall

Garage
For keyless entry with kids it’s like another step to reach the front door handle.

I don’t mind the fit and finish issues they are very minimal. The only issue on ours is the bumper is misaligned with the front wuarter panel by like 3mm and I didn’t notice it until a few months into ownership.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #52 of 59 Old 01-06-2020, 03:27 PM
Judgegavel

Garage
Hey 11Limited JGC,

Sorry to hear that, I wonder if its just the misfortune of getting the first MY of the WK2, I've had a 2014 Limited that I put almost 60K on and had not one issue, absolutely loved the car, I replaced it with a 2017 JC High Altitude, which was a fine vehicle but was no where near as solid as my JGC, so I've just replaced it with a 2020 JGC Trailhawk. No complaints so far although I only have 500 miles on it.
post #53 of 59 Old 01-06-2020, 03:43 PM
bicster
2016 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnCall View Post
For keyless entry with kids itís like another step to reach the front door handle.

Yeah, doesnít sound much but itís a royal pain in the *** when youíre trying to hustle a 30lb toddler into a car seat in the rain!!!
post #54 of 59 Old 01-07-2020, 09:32 AM
Nydamon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicster View Post
Yeah, doesnít sound much but itís a royal pain in the *** when youíre trying to hustle a 30lb toddler into a car seat in the rain!!!
I managed to hustle now colleged age triplets with hand held remotes into and out of an 00 Taurus and an 02 Odyssey EX with power sliding doors but no power liftgate. You can do it!

2020 GC Limited 3.6L White/Lt Frost: Luxury Group II, Tow Group, ProTech II, Lighting Group
post #55 of 59 Old 01-07-2020, 11:43 AM
Bilko

Mines an 8 year old V6 Laredo E without all the bells and whistles, I bought this spec because I planned on keeping it for a while and didn't want the stress of air suspension and fancy electronics.

Things I like
Simple controls, not many buttons
Drives well for a two and half ton car
Right size, big enough for family road trips but still easy to drive around town and park
Great in snow even with stock tires, awesome with better tires
Longevity, 120K miles on the clock and it still drives like new, everything is tight and no rattles

Things that I don't like
A pillars create massive blind spots
Fake chrome interior trim peels
Changing the spark plugs; only needed at 100k but a real PIA to do.
Front grill on 2012. The holes are too big so stones hit AC condenser/AT cooler
post #56 of 59 Old 01-07-2020, 03:13 PM
PwnCall

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko View Post

Things I like
Simple controls, not many buttons
I hope the pre facelift models have better controls than the 14+

I hate the climate controls.

I either have to spam cold/hot buttons 20 times (and 40 times when they aren’t synced). Or hit climate button then select temp then sync both sides then slide the slider up.

Really annoying and it seems like it never stays synced.

What was wrong with a climate knob?

And I can’t even hold the button down to change temp I have to hit it individually for each degree. Lame.
TurnerJason1 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #57 of 59 Old 01-08-2020, 06:28 AM
tarditi
2018 WK 

2yo Trailhawk with 21k miles on it.

I love the ergonomics of the interior (mostly) - some vehicles (I'm talking to you T4R!) have buttons, switches, and gauges any random place
The V6 is really a decent engine - we've had 4x4 v6 and v8 GCs in the past and this is the best engine/trans combo by far.

I dislike the seat bolsters on the trailhawk model - too narrow in the back and too high on the sides - took a good couple of years to squash them down until they're more comfortable. If I wanted deep recaro serats I would have gone aftermarket! (almost kept me from buying the vehicle in he first place)
I hate that seat warmers/coolers are in the menu, but there are tons of buttons I rarely press in the center stack.

Dustin Tarditi
Haddonfield, NJ
Departed Jeeps: 87 MJ, 93 YJ, 96 ZJ, 97 TJ, 04 Rubi, 05 WK
post #58 of 59 Old 01-08-2020, 10:03 AM
GPSBob
2015 WK 

On my 2015, the thing that cancels "Sync" mode is changing the passenger-side temp.

Also, you can use Voice Recognition, and say "Set Driver's temp to 72" rather than multiple button pushes.
post #59 of 59 Old 01-08-2020, 04:02 PM
Bilko

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnCall View Post
I hope the pre facelift models have better controls than the 14+

I hate the climate controls.

I either have to spam cold/hot buttons 20 times (and 40 times when they arenít synced). Or hit climate button then select temp then sync both sides then slide the slider up.

Really annoying and it seems like it never stays synced.

What was wrong with a climate knob?

And I canít even hold the button down to change temp I have to hit it individually for each degree. Lame.
Mine just has the old school three rotary knobs, the center one is fan speed and the left and right ones control the temp on each side, simple.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in