Space between front seats of GK - JeepForum.com
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 08-09-2020, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
paulsgs
2017 WK 

Garage
Space between front seats of GK

I donít know if this is addressed anywhere, but I continually drop keys Etc down the side of my driver seat (as does my passenger) and it becomes difficult to retrieve without stopping and getting out of the car to look under the seat. I see these gap fillers all over the place and has anyone purchased them that they are happy with and work/fit correctly for a 2017 Grand Cherokee ?

Attached Images

First JEEP! Why did I wait so long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-09-2020, 11:25 AM
ceb1

No, but I'm not sure that would solve your problem, You really want a "seat gap filler" - or just roll up a towel initially and see if that fixes your problem. If it does, then you can buy one of those fillers.
ColoCoug likes this.
post #3 of 23 Old 08-09-2020, 11:55 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

If you are talking between seat and console, my spouse uses one of those foam strips, about 1 inch square or so, similar to the ones used to seal double hung windows when you install a window air-conditioner. She may have spent 50 cents or so. You want a foam thick enough to fit snuggly.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

post #4 of 23 Old 08-09-2020, 01:53 PM
jack103

2018 WK 

Garage
post #5 of 23 Old 08-09-2020, 07:59 PM
KCZ

Garage
Thank God. I've lost my keys, phone (3 times), VISA card, watch, parking tag, and 50 other things down there this week alone.
post #6 of 23 Old 08-10-2020, 06:37 AM
Homer1

Nice! i love the pic w/ the fries lol....I think some older models came equipped w/ such a thing...I'm pretty sure our 08 Ltd did...i'll have to check.

2017 GC Trailhawk
2008 GC Limited
2014 Acura RDX
1997 GC Limited Beach Buggy (Deceased....RIP)
post #7 of 23 Old 08-15-2020, 11:08 AM
KCZ

Garage

I bought a set of these DropStop gap fillers, and I have to say that while the concept is great, the execution is poor.

First of all, they're "one size fits all" which in my experience means one size doesn't fit anyone very well. These are about 2" too short so there's still a gap towards the front of the seat. They're also too narrow, so they don't plug the gap very well, and while they might stop keychains and wallets and phones from falling down, there's still plenty of room to lose credit cards, change, and the like.

However, the biggest problem is that they don't stay in place. The only thing holding them up is the seat belt at the back of the DropStop. The leather seats and the plastic of the center console are both moderately slippery, and the neoprene covering on these DropStops is very slick, so they tend to slide down frequently.

These would be a lot better if they came in a few different sizes and they were covered in a different fabric or had rubber strips down the sides.
post #8 of 23 Old 08-16-2020, 07:39 AM
Homer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I bought a set of these DropStop gap fillers, and I have to say that while the concept is great, the execution is poor.

First of all, they're "one size fits all" which in my experience means one size doesn't fit anyone very well. These are about 2" too short so there's still a gap towards the front of the seat. They're also too narrow, so they don't plug the gap very well, and while they might stop keychains and wallets and phones from falling down, there's still plenty of room to lose credit cards, change, and the like.

However, the biggest problem is that they don't stay in place. The only thing holding them up is the seat belt at the back of the DropStop. The leather seats and the plastic of the center console are both moderately slippery, and the neoprene covering on these DropStops is very slick, so they tend to slide down frequently.

These would be a lot better if they came in a few different sizes and they were covered in a different fabric or had rubber strips down the sides.
Thanks for the review! Seems like every time i visit this site, i find something else I "need" to buy ...but not this item it seems....

2017 GC Trailhawk
2008 GC Limited
2014 Acura RDX
1997 GC Limited Beach Buggy (Deceased....RIP)
post #9 of 23 Old 08-16-2020, 08:26 AM
KCZ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer1 View Post
Thanks for the review! Seems like every time i visit this site, i find something else I "need" to buy ...but not this item it seems....

I'm doing a long trip tomorrow, so I'm going to think of the best way to MacGyver these into staying in place, because this seat crack problem is badly in need of a solution.
post #10 of 23 Old 08-17-2020, 08:48 AM
ceb1

Quote:
I'm doing a long trip tomorrow, so I'm going to think of the best way to MacGyver these into staying in place, because this seat crack problem is badly in need of a solution.
Just rollup a towel.
post #11 of 23 Old 08-17-2020, 06:27 PM
Bilko

Quote:
Thank God. I've lost my keys, phone (3 times), VISA card, watch, parking tag, and 50 other things down there this week alone.
It maybe cheaper just to get some pants with good pockets. The WK2 has keyless starting and Bluetooth for your phone, why do do you need to take them out of you pocket or handbag?

How does your watch fall off your wrist and into the seat abyss? Do you still have one of the Victorian pocket watches
post #12 of 23 Old 08-17-2020, 06:54 PM
0hcanada

1986 CJ7 

Quote:
if this is Mrs. KCZ, you need a new purse or handbag. if this is Mr. KCZ, you need to carry less 'stuff'.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
post #13 of 23 Old 08-17-2020, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
paulsgs
2017 WK 

Garage
I asked this question because I ordered something I saw on Instagram on a moment of weakness. It was a month before they arrived , and in the interim realized I paid too much and there are a million versions available on EBAY.

Well, they drop in and after lowering the seat they donít look too bad and donít encroach too much on my seat. Donít pay over $20 for a PAIR of these as they are all cheap
Attached Thumbnails
4F573C0A-9FA0-4515-A49C-CF2DA727348D.jpg   BB95BE0D-8423-4D6B-8973-18763D7DBA46.jpg  

First JEEP! Why did I wait so long!
post #14 of 23 Old 08-17-2020, 07:22 PM
0hcanada

1986 CJ7 

looks to be a bit of a pain, sitting on top of the seat.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
post #15 of 23 Old 08-17-2020, 07:39 PM
KCZ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko View Post
It maybe cheaper just to get some pants with good pockets. The WK2 has keyless starting and Bluetooth for your phone, why do do you need to take them out of you pocket or handbag?

How does your watch fall off your wrist and into the seat abyss? Do you still have one of the Victorian pocket watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hcanada View Post
if this is Mrs. KCZ, you need a new purse or handbag. if this is Mr. KCZ, you need to carry less 'stuff'.

LOL. I took my keys out so I could have them in hand as I ran to my front door in the pouring rain, and they promptly slid down into that abyss. I ended up standing in that pouring rain outside the car while fishing around under the seat for them. And I use my phone a lot to check Email. Etc, etc. I probably need a bushel basket to fit in that crack.

I drove ~300 miles today, stopped 7 or 8 times, and discovered every time that the DropStop thing had slipped down in that crack. Having now paid 20 bucks for it, I'm going to put some rubber tape down its sides and see if that holds it in place.

Jeep deserves a slap side the head for designing something like this anyway. None of my other cars have this problem.

And it's Miss to you, Canada.
0hcanada likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in