Silence The Annoying Beep - JeepForum.com
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 05-13-2021, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
phlyx

2020 WK 

Question Silence The Annoying Beep

Pulled into a drive up pharmacy in my 2020 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and was close to the wall, have to close to reach. A warning beep started up telling me I was too close. Duh. It chimed a few times then stopped. Then a short bit later started chiming again then stopped. Trying to carry on a conversation through a tin can audio system at the drive through with myself and the tech wearing masks.... all with the DING-DING-DING-DING going on and off. I'm new to this vehicle, actually 3 days with it, and I really want to know how to turn this off. Started reading the user manual and 470 pages??? Seriously???

If anyone has a way to silence this in a situation like this, please let me know. And now that I type this I'm thinking if I put it in Park it probably would have stopped. Someone can reply and confirm my ignorance if that's the case but would really like to know if you can silence this on the touchscreen. But even still, if I was the 4th car back I really wouldn't want to keep shifting into park every time I stopped.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 05-13-2021, 02:40 PM
JKM
2018 WK 

assuming this is the back-up sensors for cross path, you should be able to turn them off. Button will be beside the Start-Stop button on the lower center console
Gypsy1 likes this.

----------------------------
2005 Laredo 4x4 3.7L (SOLD)
2018 Limited 4x4 3.6L
post #3 of 25 Old 05-13-2021, 03:23 PM
TXTrailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKM View Post
assuming this is the back-up sensors for cross path, you should be able to turn them off. Button will be beside the Start-Stop button on the lower center console
Editing slightly because you your Trailhawk likely has front and back sensors - What he said ^^

2021 Diamond Black GC Trailhawk

post #4 of 25 Old 05-13-2021, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
phlyx

2020 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKM View Post
I can tell how to turn off the lane assist but not sure what would turn off the back-up cross path sensor.

Sorry for the newbie questions but the manual doesn't help much.
post #5 of 25 Old 05-13-2021, 03:37 PM
TXTrailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyx View Post
I can tell how to turn off the lane assist but not sure what would turn off the back-up cross path sensor.

Sorry for the newbie questions but the manual doesn't help much.
Second button from the left, at the bottom

Cheers
Gypsy1 likes this.

2021 Diamond Black GC Trailhawk
post #6 of 25 Old 05-13-2021, 05:23 PM
Roadijeff

Quote:
I'm new to this vehicle, actually 3 days with it, and I really want to know how to turn this off. Started reading the user manual and 470 pages??? Seriously???
It's in the Starting and Operating section of the manual. No need to read all 400+ pages. The previous reply tells which button it is.
post #7 of 25 Old 05-13-2021, 10:33 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Just to be a little more complete, there are acoustic sensors for detecting nearby objects as you are parking, so you don't run into them. That P alarm button turns that system off. The system has also confused a few late model drivers here by slamming on the brakes while you move in reverse. Makes it hard to back up a trailer.

The optional cross path system uses radar for longer range and more accurate detection. That sounds a beep if you have the turn signals on, or are in reverse, and it detects something in your blind spot. You can adjust those setting in one of the radio menus.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #8 of 25 Old 05-14-2021, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
phlyx

2020 WK 

Thanks for all the great feedback. I'll read that section but even thought I am a mechanical engineer, it reads like it was written by an engineer and not a tech writer. My last vehicle was a '13 Subaru Forester 2.5X and only tech it had was being able to Bluetooth connect my phone. Long story but had a couple Grand Cherokees before that and never lost the itch to have a Jeep again. We have a '12 Liberty in house, too, and when I'd drive that I smiled a lot.

Thanks again!
post #9 of 25 Old 05-14-2021, 05:26 AM
Delta0

Quote:
Pulled into a drive up pharmacy in my 2020 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and was close to the wall, have to close to reach. A warning beep started up telling me I was too close. Duh. It chimed a few times then stopped. Then a short bit later started chiming again then stopped. Trying to carry on a conversation through a tin can audio system at the drive through with myself and the tech wearing masks.... all with the DING-DING-DING-DING going on and off. I'm new to this vehicle, actually 3 days with it, and I really want to know how to turn this off. Started reading the user manual and 470 pages??? Seriously???

If anyone has a way to silence this in a situation like this, please let me know. And now that I type this I'm thinking if I put it in Park it probably would have stopped. Someone can reply and confirm my ignorance if that's the case but would really like to know if you can silence this on the touchscreen. But even still, if I was the 4th car back I really wouldn't want to keep shifting into park every time I stopped.
Turn your engine off?
post #10 of 25 Old 05-14-2021, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
phlyx

2020 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0 View Post
Turn your engine off?
Inching forward in a long line of cars that would wear out my index finger and probably not so good for my starter, too.
post #11 of 25 Old 05-14-2021, 10:57 AM
Delta0

Quote:
Inching forward in a long line of cars that would wear out my index finger and probably not so good for my starter, too.
Very true phlyx.

I had in mind turning your engine off only while you were conversing with that annoying intercom.
post #12 of 25 Old 05-14-2021, 12:13 PM
TulsaVic
2011 WK 

Garage
How about putting it in neutral?
post #13 of 25 Old 05-14-2021, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
phlyx

2020 WK 

Would have to figure out does Park or Neutral disable the sensors. Does anyone know that? Can test but if someone knows.
post #14 of 25 Old 05-15-2021, 03:08 PM
2008OverlandCRD
2017 WK 

Park turns off the beeping. Not sure if neutral does.

2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4, 5.7 Hemi & 2017 SRT 6.4L & 2020 Trackhawk 6.2L Supercharged
post #15 of 25 Old 05-15-2021, 03:34 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

If I recalled correctly, my early model stopped beeping when I was stopped with foot on brake. I disabled it years ago as it was annoying when it warned me that I was going to hit the door jam as I backed out of the garage. I had at least 6 inches clearance.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in