Rocker Arm Tick - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jd41wk2
  • 1 Post By WK2Overland4X4

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-12-2021, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Jd41wk2

Rocker Arm Tick

2014 Grand Cherokee 3.6 V6. Ticking on passenger side. What a nightmare. Taking the intake off is very difficult. 2 brackets on the driver's side was the culprit. Front drivers side closers to the radiator just has to be loosened. Back bracket is a nightmare. AC lines mount to it and you can't fit a 1/2" wrench in there. Just pry it with a screwdriver and try not to break the plastic intake. Only the top part of the intake needs to be removed. Job itself isn't too bad. The rocker arm that was bad was closest to the timing gear on the exhaust side. Loosened the cam (don't need to remove the cam entirely) and popped it right out. Putting it back together is a nightmare too. Now I see y no one wants to do it. But my engine sounds brand new now.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Immortel likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-13-2021, 02:42 AM
WK2Overland4X4

Nice job, thanks for the pics. How many miles? Looks pretty clean, no gunk build up.
Jd41wk2 likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-13-2021, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Jd41wk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK2Overland4X4 View Post
Nice job, thanks for the pics. How many miles? Looks pretty clean, no gunk build up.
Thanks! Yeah it was quite the job. Overall I enjoyed it it was a great experience. Love working on engines and stuff... I just hate working on my own cuz I dont get paid for it. My engine had 79k miles on it. I drive 40 miles to work and 40 miles back home across the highway about 6 days a week so no short trips that could accumulate sludge and what not. I also use Amsoil 5w-20 which is tried and true very expensive but very good stuff.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in