Radio & Heated Wheel/Seat issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-08-2019, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
StrangerDanger

Radio & Heated Wheel/Seat issues

I purchased a 2018 High Altitude with the V6 and the HK sound system. I notice every once in awhile the sound begins to get distorted and sounds terrible. I connect with Bluetooth and the problem still occurs when using my cord with Apple play. Anyone else experiencing issues with poor audio on occasions?

This is my first JGC and am not sure how hot the wheel and seats are supposed to get. I live in Iowa and it gets extremely cold, some days my wheel gets noticeably warm to hot, while other times I can never tell if it is on. When my seats are on the highest settings I can hardly tell the seats are actually on. I previously had a 2012 Chrysler 200 and both the wheel and seats had no issues getting warm. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-09-2019, 04:52 AM
MailManSJ
2018 WK 

The steering wheel is a very common problem. My 2018 JC is currently at the dealership for the fifth time for this issue.. I have a loaner (Wrangler) until they can get it fixed. Very frustrating.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-09-2019, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
StrangerDanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MailManSJ View Post
The steering wheel is a very common problem. My 2018 JC is currently at the dealership for the fifth time for this issue.. I have a loaner (Wrangler) until they can get it fixed. Very frustrating.

Appreciate the response. I have an oil change coming up and plan to let them know my concerns. I just got back from going into town and I could hardly feel any heat coming from my seat with my hand flat against it, I feel nothing with my back resting on it.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-09-2019, 09:03 PM
andyo5
2018 WK 

The first couple of times that I used the heated steering wheel, it turned itself off after after a few minutes. But nowadays it stays on until and unless I turn it off myself. IDK why it didn't do that before, but it does now. It seems to heat up quickly to a too-warm temperature. It then cools off to a point where it is comfortable. My heated seats also seem to work properly.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-11-2019, 07:30 AM
Comanche_88
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerDanger View Post
I purchased a 2018 High Altitude with the V6 and the HK sound system. I notice every once in awhile the sound begins to get distorted and sounds terrible. I connect with Bluetooth and the problem still occurs when using my cord with Apple play. Anyone else experiencing issues with poor audio on occasions?

I'm putting this one under the "you can't make this stuff up" category.

I notice something that sounds similar to what you are describing. This is my second radio which was installed on 1/21/19. It worked fine for a week or so and then I noticed on boot up I would either get low volume and static or just no volume at all. When I park my Jeep each time it's always on the FM band and the volume is at a level I can clearly hear, around 10 -11.

So here is the can't make it up part, when this happens I found through some trial and error that all I have to do to fix it is to switch it to the AM band and then back to the FM band and everything is fine, correct volume, no static. Stranger than fiction. In addition the heated steering wheel icon that comes up at initial boot up no longer works. If you tap the icon it changes state for a second and then reverts back to the previous state. In order to turn the heated wheel on and off I have to drill down to the icons located in the climate section. So it's back to the dealer I go. In the grand scheme of things these issues are minor (so far) but aggravating nonetheless.

Next time you experience you sound issue try switching bands and see if maybe that does the trick.

Good Luck
post #6 of 6 Old 02-11-2019, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
StrangerDanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche_88 View Post
I'm putting this one under the "you can't make this stuff up" category.

I notice something that sounds similar to what you are describing. This is my second radio which was installed on 1/21/19. It worked fine for a week or so and then I noticed on boot up I would either get low volume and static or just no volume at all. When I park my Jeep each time it's always on the FM band and the volume is at a level I can clearly hear, around 10 -11.

So here is the can't make it up part, when this happens I found through some trial and error that all I have to do to fix it is to switch it to the AM band and then back to the FM band and everything is fine, correct volume, no static. Stranger than fiction. In addition the heated steering wheel icon that comes up at initial boot up no longer works. If you tap the icon it changes state for a second and then reverts back to the previous state. In order to turn the heated wheel on and off I have to drill down to the icons located in the climate section. So it's back to the dealer I go. In the grand scheme of things these issues are minor (so far) but aggravating nonetheless.

Next time you experience you sound issue try switching bands and see if maybe that does the trick.

Good Luck

Thanks for the reply, I will have to give it a try. It does not happen too frequently, maybe once a month. It is a terrible muffling sound that only happens when I play music off my phone, radio sounds fine. I even tried having my wife use her phone and it did the same thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in