Quadra-lift question: Leave on default setting? - JeepForum.com
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 10-14-2021, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
SummitGuy01
2018 WK 

Quadra-lift question: Leave on default setting?

Hello everyone - I hope someone can let me know if it's ok to leave the air suspension in the setting that ignores the entry/exit lowering position every time it's parked? I wonder if there's less wear and tear on the system components if it's not constantly going up and down, or is it worse that I'm leaving it in the higher, normal ride height all the time. The wife kinda liked when it lowered itself before I changed the setting

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 10-14-2021, 01:55 PM
Homer1

I did the same to my settings....don't need it to lower to get in/ out, though lowering helps me reach the drive thru drawer at Rite Aid lol.... Also, it goes up and down automatically when your driving (highway speed vs city...which for me is both) so it's getting it's "exercise" either way. Good luck!

2017 GC Trailhawk
2008 GC Limited
2014 Acura RDX
1997 GC Limited Beach Buggy (Deceased....RIP)
post #3 of 31 Old 10-14-2021, 02:31 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There doesn't seem to be a higher failure rate for using easy entry-exit. Most of the failures seem due to leaks, and the higher pressure like ORA2 level could, in theory, leak more.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

post #4 of 31 Old 10-14-2021, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
SummitGuy01
2018 WK 

[QUOTE=Homer1;41372987]I did the same to my settings....don't need it to lower to get in/ out, though lowering helps me reach the drive thru drawer at Rite Aid lol.... Also, it goes up and down automatically when your driving (highway speed vs city...which for me is both

Ok thanks for the feedback!
post #5 of 31 Old 10-14-2021, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
SummitGuy01
2018 WK 

[QUOTE=ColdCase;41373013]There doesn't seem to be a higher failure rate for using easy entry-exit. Most of the failures seem due to leaks, and the higher pressure like ORA2 level could, in theory, leak more.

Thanks - I was pretty worried that keeping it in the higher position all the time might cause more problems than just letting it do its thing in the default mode. The service Dept at the Jeep dealer didn’t give me a definitive answer….
post #6 of 31 Old 10-14-2021, 03:30 PM
Fast55

2017 WK 

Garage
You cannot control it cycling all the time anyway. Aero mode is the same as park mode and at about 55 MPH it lowers into Aero mode like it or not and goes back to normal below 20 MPH. Same thing if you put it in Sport Mode. It will not allow OR modes at high speed. OR-2 lowers above 25 MPH to OR-1 and lowers to normal at about 40 MPH.

Edit: Actually park mode is lower than Aero mode, I just checked the OM. However, you still cannot control Aero mode.

2017 Trailhawk
Active Safety, Luxury group, Blind spot detection
Hemi
Rock Rails, Chief Products
post #7 of 31 Old 10-14-2021, 03:34 PM
peta8368

2017 WK 

Garage
[quote=SummitGuy01;41373047]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
There doesn't seem to be a higher failure rate for using easy entry-exit. Most of the failures seem due to leaks, and the higher pressure like ORA2 level could, in theory, leak more.

Thanks - I was pretty worried that keeping it in the higher position all the time might cause more problems than just letting it do its thing in the default mode. The service Dept at the Jeep dealer didn’t give me a definitive answer….
I believe the car automatically drops down to normal height at speeds above 25 mph, so it won't stay in OR1 or OR2 during your normal driving. Unless you are constantly pressing buttons to raise it backup at every light, it probably isn't enough to make a big difference.

Peter

2017 JGW Trailhawk, bone stock for now
post #8 of 31 Old 10-14-2021, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
SummitGuy01
2018 WK 

Yeah, the manual said the same things as you guys. I guess I’ll change the settings to enable the Entry/Exit mode again upon parking….that’s the way it was when I bought it.
Thanks for all the info!
post #9 of 31 Old 10-14-2021, 08:16 PM
BubbaATL
2018 WK 

Main reason I turned it off and left it off was I hated going over speed bumps in parking lots while it was still gathering its skirts to raise itself back up. Only enable it now when I'm carrying someone a lot older than I am (and that's old).
2014RedHemiGC likes this.

2018 Limited 3.6L with pretty much everything ("almost a Trailhawk")
post #10 of 31 Old 10-15-2021, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
SummitGuy01
2018 WK 

Yep - I agree. Plus I always seem to interrupt the lowering process as soon as I open the door (I think). I'll experiment with it once I enable that feature again.
post #11 of 31 Old 10-15-2021, 11:23 AM
BubbaATL
2018 WK 

You're right, that's the other thing I didn't like about it. If you really want it lowered, you have to sit there and wait for it to finish the process.

I just use it for the aged and infirm (other than myself). And even then I have to remember to tell it to start lowering itself before I pull up to pick up that aged/infirm person.

The one time I really do like it is when I'm loading very heavy or unwieldy stuff into the back.

post #12 of 31 Old 10-15-2021, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
SummitGuy01
2018 WK 

[QUOTE=BubbaATL;41373501]You're right, that's the other thing I didn't like about it. If you really want it lowered, you have to sit there and wait for it to finish the process.

I just use it for the aged and infirm (other than myself). And even then I have to remember to tell it to start lowering itself before I pull up to pick up that aged/infirm person.

The one time I really do like it is when I'm loading very heavy or unwieldy stuff into the back.

Haha, yeah that’s a good use for it! I’m going to try it the next time I go through the bank drive thru, because it’s tough to reach that little canister when it’s raised, lol.
post #13 of 31 Old 10-15-2021, 09:16 PM
19GCTrailhawk

2019 WK 

I have the Quadra-lift set to lower on park. Lately I've been allowing the vehicle to lower before I switch the ignition to off. I also begin the lowering process as I approach my driveway. I would just rather have the compressor operate while the vehicle is running as opposed to operating on battery power alone. It probably doesn't matter but that's what I've been trying to do.

One thing to be aware of is to make sure the vehicle doesn't lower onto a curb, tire stop bumper, stump etc. Because if you just get in the vehicle and back out you run the risk of damaging the lower fascia.
ColdCase likes this.

2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7
Grand Cherokee Owner since 1994
post #14 of 31 Old 10-15-2021, 09:54 PM
jas32

I was OK leaving the QL not to lower when parked but my wife insisted I should. Just wished it would do it quicker. Guess they fixed that for the new WLs (at least the ones that end up getting it).
post #15 of 31 Old 10-16-2021, 06:38 AM
BubbaATL
2018 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19GCTrailhawk View Post
I have the Quadra-lift set to lower on park. Lately I've been allowing the vehicle to lower before I switch the ignition to off. I also begin the lowering process as I approach my driveway. I would just rather have the compressor operate while the vehicle is running as opposed to operating on battery power alone. It probably doesn't matter but that's what I've been trying to do.

Hmm ... I thought the lowering (and raising) stopped as soon as you turn the ignition off, and doesn't work unless the motor is running. Do I misremember that?

Quote:
One thing to be aware of is to make sure the vehicle doesn't lower onto a curb, tire stop bumper, stump etc. Because if you just get in the vehicle and back out you run the risk of damaging the lower fascia.

Amen to that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in