Q Trac, Q Drive - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2008OverlandCRD

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 12-10-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Chuckmiller

Q Trac, Q Drive

Without having the original window sticker to look at how can you determine what system your GC 4x4 has? Is there any operational or visual indication?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-10-2019, 12:45 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

1) When you open the door, get in and close it, Quadra Drive will be displayed in the EVIC area of the cluster.

or

2) look under at the rear diff, if it has a motor hanging off it like the transfercase. it has Quadra Drive

or

3) Log into your customer portal at jeep.com and request a build/option sheet.

There are threads around here mentioning sites that search your VIN and find window stickers or build sheets. Some models, like V8 summits and Trailhawks have QD standard.

I was born to party, but I am forced to work
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 13 Old 12-12-2019, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Chuckmiller

So, I am looking at a 2018 High Altitude tomorrow and today the salesman had his mechanic look at the rear diff and he says he sees something extra on the housing. Maybe this Jeep has QudraDrive II.

post #4 of 13 Old 12-12-2019, 08:38 PM
2008OverlandCRD
2017 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckmiller View Post
So, I am looking at a 2018 High Altitude tomorrow and today the salesman had his mechanic look at the rear diff and he says he sees something extra on the housing. Maybe this Jeep has QudraDrive II.
“Sees something extra”..... Could you provide maybe a little more info? Lol
mudbear likes this.

2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, platinum pkg, ivory 3-coat, skid plates.
post #5 of 13 Old 12-12-2019, 09:46 PM
2014RedHemiGC

2014 WK 

Quote:
According to the wk2jeeps.com website, QuadraDrive is only available with the V8.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_2018_pri...tm#OVERLAND_HA

2014 Deep Cherry Red GC 4X4 V8 QDII
2012 Crystal Red Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
2011 Crystal Red Chevy Corvette Z06/Z07
post #6 of 13 Old 12-12-2019, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Chuckmiller

I typed that in reply to CC post on the motor on the differential.

V8 only, that's what I've read before so I am skeptical.
post #7 of 13 Old 12-13-2019, 07:24 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

See the motor hanging off the lower right diff. A recent model V6 with All Weather or ORA option packages could have QD, dunno if those packages are available on a high altitude.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 8.21.32 AM.jpg  

post #8 of 13 Old 12-14-2019, 01:15 PM
SirEagle
2015 WK 

post #9 of 13 Old 12-14-2019, 01:19 PM
SirEagle
2015 WK 

Quadra-Drive II 4x4 & Rear ELSD

The only Jeep model to use Quadra-Drive II is the Grand Cherokee, and the system is optional for the Limited, Overland, and Summit trims. It has five operating modes, and can be mated to an air suspension system for improved off-road ability. The ELSD mentioned is an electronically controlled limited-slip rear differential. The front axle has an open diff.

Quadra-Trac I 4x4

Customers of the Grand Cherokee get the Quadra-Trac I system as standard with the Laredo trim level. Unlike others, this is always on and comes without any buttons or levers. It does have a brake lock differential, and is factory-ready for a small amount of off-roading, as it is an all-wheel-drive solution.

Quadra-Trac SRT 4x4

The SRT Grand Cherokee gets the Quadra-Trac SRT variant of the system. It comes with a strengthened transfer case to withstand the increased output and torque, as well as an E-LSD at the rear, capable of sending 100% of available torque to one of the wheels. It also has a mechanical “wet” clutch, and comes with a five-mode Selec-Trac system for choosing between operating modes in off-road conditions.

Quadra-Trac II 4x4

Customers of the Limited, Overland, and Summit trim levels of the Jeep Grand Cherokee get the Quadra-Trac II system as standard. It can be ordered as optional equipment for the Laredo.

Unlike the Quadra-Drive II, the Quadra-Trac II has a two-speed transfer case, which Jeep says it can deliver up to 100% of available torque to the axle with the most traction. This is done using sensors in each wheel to check for grip. It comes with a Selec-Trac dial with five operating modes. Its 4WD-Low range is of 2.72:1, and has a neutral function for flat towing. It works with four-wheel brake traction control and a brake lock differential.

Out of the two systems available for the Grand Cherokee, the Quadra-Trac II is the most capable version in off-road driving.
post #10 of 13 Old 12-14-2019, 04:19 PM
2014RedHemiGC

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirEagle View Post
Quadra-Drive II 4x4 & Rear ELSD

The only Jeep model to use Quadra-Drive II is the Grand Cherokee, and the system is optional for the Limited, Overland, and Summit trims. It has five operating modes, and can be mated to an air suspension system for improved off-road ability. The ELSD mentioned is an electronically controlled limited-slip rear differential. The front axle has an open diff.

Quadra-Trac I 4x4

Customers of the Grand Cherokee get the Quadra-Trac I system as standard with the Laredo trim level. Unlike others, this is always on and comes without any buttons or levers. It does have a brake lock differential, and is factory-ready for a small amount of off-roading, as it is an all-wheel-drive solution.

Quadra-Trac SRT 4x4

The SRT Grand Cherokee gets the Quadra-Trac SRT variant of the system. It comes with a strengthened transfer case to withstand the increased output and torque, as well as an E-LSD at the rear, capable of sending 100% of available torque to one of the wheels. It also has a mechanical “wet” clutch, and comes with a five-mode Selec-Trac system for choosing between operating modes in off-road conditions.

Quadra-Trac II 4x4

Customers of the Limited, Overland, and Summit trim levels of the Jeep Grand Cherokee get the Quadra-Trac II system as standard. It can be ordered as optional equipment for the Laredo.

Unlike the Quadra-Drive II, the Quadra-Trac II has a two-speed transfer case, which Jeep says it can deliver up to 100% of available torque to the axle with the most traction. This is done using sensors in each wheel to check for grip. It comes with a Selec-Trac dial with five operating modes. Its 4WD-Low range is of 2.72:1, and has a neutral function for flat towing. It works with four-wheel brake traction control and a brake lock differential.

Out of the two systems available for the Grand Cherokee, the Quadra-Trac II is the most capable version in off-road driving.
I think you have Quadra-Trac and QuadraDrive confused. QuadraDrive also has the Low range and is Jeep’s most advanced and most capable system.

2014 Deep Cherry Red GC 4X4 V8 QDII
2012 Crystal Red Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
2011 Crystal Red Chevy Corvette Z06/Z07
post #11 of 13 Old 12-14-2019, 07:49 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Yeah the description is not quite right or perhaps missleading. This description is indexed in the FAQ sticky thread, don't want to repeat everything here: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309...stems-1177616/

It may be simpler to understand the differences by starting with the transfer case. There are two options the Laredo base AWD QTI, and the 4WD QTII on all limiteds and up and optional on Laredos. All QTIIs have the traction mode switch.

On top of a QTII transfer case you can add QDII, which basically adds a ELSD rear diff (computer controlled locking and limited slip). These are snow monsters.

The SRT is a special case, but it will have a QTII type case, without low range I think, and a QDII type rear diff, which is very useful for launch control. That thing gets all the power to the ground when you stomp on it.

post #12 of 13 Old 12-14-2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Chuckmiller

I brought it home last night. 2018, High Altitude, V6, 4x4, all black. I dont see an electric motor on the rear diff like I do see on the transfer case.
post #13 of 13 Old 12-15-2019, 06:43 PM
paullee01

WK 

Garage
Quote:
I brought it home last night. 2018, High Altitude, V6, 4x4, all black. I don't see an electric motor on the rear diff like I do see on the transfer case.
Your Jeep has QTII....... QD was not offered on the HA in 2018! If you want to view your original sticker just put your vin # in the Chrysler search bar.

https://removeandreplace.com/2013/03...ticker-online/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014RedHemiGC View Post
According to the wk2jeeps.com website, Quadra Drive is only available with the V8.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_2018_pri...tm#OVERLAND_HA
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawks 2017 and up V6 or V8 have always come with QDrive. So have the Overlands with the Off Road II option V6. To my knowledge QD wasn't offered in 2018 to either the HA or Summit? It is now available on both models! Best way is to just check vin through the website link I posted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in