Phone volume too low - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-02-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
RobIdaho

Phone volume too low

2016 Grand Cherokee

When I am on a phone call using blue tooth I have the volume turned up to 38 and still have a hard time hearing the person on the phone. I am pretty sure I didn't have this issue when I first purchased the vehicle but I am not 100% sure. I see on the internet others have this issue but never see a fix. Any help would be appreciated.

I did search "phone" and "volume" with no luck in this forum specifically.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-02-2019, 07:30 PM
Roadijeff

The phone volume level is different than the radio volume level. Try adjusting it while someone is talking to you on the phone and you should see a difference.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-04-2019, 10:14 AM
bpsmicro
2017 WK 

You also need to check the volume on the phone itself. My Android phone "helpfully" lowers the Bluetooth volume ("to avoid hearing damage") and if you crank it up during a call so you can hear, it'll "helpfully" lower it down again. I ended up installing an app called "Bluetooth Volume Control", which allows me to set an override volume (cranked to full, of course) when connected to BT (and you can have separate settings for multiple BT connections, in case you use earbuds and prefer it lower). The phone still displays the annoying warning on the first connection after a reboot, but otherwise it works.

2017 Grand Cherokee Overland, 5.7l Hemi, all the techy stuff.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-05-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
RobIdaho

RESOLVED...Thanks for the feedback. I think what made sense was "the radio and phone are independent of one another" and yes the volume is staying high, awesome....sarcasm.... Thanks again.... Adjusting the phone volume made the difference...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in