Offroad Animal Rock Rails installed - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By metalhead

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-22-2020, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
metalhead
2011 WK 

Offroad Animal Rock Rails installed

Today I installed the offroad animal rock rails. I had to go to work to do it since we have a nutsert gun. The install went pretty smooth. The instructions are decent so I didn't do step by step pictures. One thing I did do was change the size of the m6 bolts that go in the side of the rails. The nutsert gun uses 1/4-20 size nutserts so I bought stainless steel button head bolts in 1/4-20 which are slightly bigger than what they give you. It took me 3 hours but it I could have done it in 2 hours. (b s n with the boss). Another thing I realized was they marked the packaging with left and right. Well I guess either they miss labeled them or austraila is backwards because the right side rail went on the left and left side went on the right. As you will see in one of the pictures is a large gap between the body and the top of the rail in the rear. I may try to cover that somehow to keep stuff from getting in there though you don't see it with the door closed. Very happy so far. Next on the list is the hidden winch mount and front bumper.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200222_092143856 (2).jpg   IMG_20200222_092153387 (2).jpg   IMG_20200222_092203779 (2).jpg  
Squamishdroc likes this.

1994 YJ (no longer own
2000 Grand Cherokee WJ (no longer own)
2011 Grand Cherokee WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-22-2020, 02:27 PM
dtrkyman
2013 WK 

Looks clean, I like there bumpers but not sure I want to drop the coin. I have been off road a bunch in my 13 that I bought new and the only damage is to the lower fascia and plastic sump cover I think its called.

Oh and I think I crushed an axle nut or something that was repaired a while back, can not remember the specifics on that deal?

Just ordered a lower front fascia for 80 bux.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-22-2020, 07:31 PM
AppFan

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Good work! Is there a cost saving or benefit over the Mopar rails? They look pretty similar to what came on my TH in the pics. I actually wish I’d have skipped them to get something a bit wider to step on and to protect against door dings. But then again that would just get mud on the pants legs when sliding out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 02-23-2020, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
metalhead
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppFan View Post
Good work! Is there a cost saving or benefit over the Mopar rails? They look pretty similar to what came on my TH in the pics. I actually wish Id have skipped them to get something a bit wider to step on and to protect against door dings. But then again that would just get mud on the pants legs when sliding out.
They are much cheaper than the mopar rails. They cost me $650 including shipping.

1994 YJ (no longer own
2000 Grand Cherokee WJ (no longer own)
2011 Grand Cherokee WK2
post #5 of 5 Old 02-24-2020, 12:27 PM
arnoldarres

It's cool to be able to do this kind of work. I needed to do some work in the salon, I was at the master. It cost me dearly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in