Off Road Pages Disappear after 2 Years?! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 Old 11-13-2019, 03:18 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

While having almost everything go thru the radio is a royal PITA, I do like having the Off Road pages. Do I need them, no I don't. Do I go off road without them, absolutely.

I really hope that was sarcasm on your part. I don't need all the electronics to go off road however, if Jeep supplied them as part of my purchase, they should be there and work as designed.

I don't have pitch and roll on my JK but after last weekend, maybe I should. I have self installed heated seats in my JK that uses old fashioned switches. Why? Because when you are wet and cold after being outside the Jeep spotting or clearing an obstacle, that heated seat is really nice to have. I have a 10.1" tablet radio in my JK. It runs my maps, runs my hands free phone, runs my spotting camera's, etc. On the trails, the large format maps are right there to see and with a flick of an old fashioned switch, I can queue in my front spotting camera's. My lockers are old fashioned switches, my winch is hardwired to old fashioned switches as are my lights.

I don't NEED all this stuff but it's NICE to have.

I absolutely agree that running everything thru a HU is less than desirable, is a distraction and possibly a safety hazard. However, if you set it and forget it and go off road, the tools in the 8.4AN system are really quite useful.

wildbill23c likes this.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 11-13-2019, 03:34 PM
wildbill23c
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
While having almost everything go thru the radio is a royal PITA, I do like having the Off Road pages. Do I need them, no I don't. Do I go off road without them, absolutely.

I really hope that was sarcasm on your part. I don't need all the electronics to go off road however, if Jeep supplied them as part of my purchase, they should be there and work as designed.

I don't have pitch and roll on my JK but after last weekend, maybe I should. I have self installed heated seats in my JK that uses old fashioned switches. Why? Because when you are wet and cold after being outside the Jeep spotting or clearing an obstacle, that heated seat is really nice to have. I have a 10.1" tablet radio in my JK. It runs my maps, runs my hands free phone, runs my spotting camera's, etc. On the trails, the large format maps are right there to see and with a flick of an old fashioned switch, I can queue in my front spotting camera's. My lockers are old fashioned switches, my winch is hardwired to old fashioned switches as are my lights.

I don't NEED all this stuff but it's NICE to have.

I absolutely agree that running everything thru a HU is less than desirable, is a distraction and possibly a safety hazard. However, if you set it and forget it and go off road, the tools in the 8.4AN system are really quite useful.
I understand what you are saying, but I've been offroading a lot longer than all those electronic nannies have existed and I don't need or want them.

So, if those offroad features are gone what happens as far as the vehicle's performance offroad? Does it not allow you to physically use the 4WD system properly or what happens?
post #33 of 43 Old 11-13-2019, 03:57 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill23c View Post
I understand what you are saying, but I've been offroading a lot longer than all those electronic nannies have existed and I don't need or want them.

So, if those offroad features are gone what happens as far as the vehicle's performance offroad? Does it not allow you to physically use the 4WD system properly or what happens?
The 4 wheel drive system works without the Off Road pages. The Off Road pages are simply a collection of applets that let you monitor things like articulation, pitch and roll, driveline engagement, etc.

They are nice to have, they are not a necessity. What would be really nice is if you could monitor your 4WD system on the same app as your vehicle vitals. While I find the Off Road pages helpful, that would be the ultimate in monitoring.
wildbill23c likes this.

06 KJ
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

post #34 of 43 Old 11-13-2019, 06:23 PM
wildbill23c
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
The 4 wheel drive system works without the Off Road pages. The Off Road pages are simply a collection of applets that let you monitor things like articulation, pitch and roll, driveline engagement, etc.

They are nice to have, they are not a necessity. What would be really nice is if you could monitor your 4WD system on the same app as your vehicle vitals. While I find the Off Road pages helpful, that would be the ultimate in monitoring.
Thanks for the clarification. How's the 4WD system do in the WK2's? I know my 96 ZJ with quadra-trac did great in the snow/ice and offroad...haven't had much 4WD use with my current 98 ZJ and the selec-trac yet.
post #35 of 43 Old 11-13-2019, 07:53 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

On snow and ice the WK2 with QD is better, with similar tires. WK2 OEM tires are wider so they do better on ice, but can float more on snow. The WK2 is more like a modern fighter jet in that the computer does amazing things automatically for you, like locking everything up when starting out on snow and releasing gradually as you pick speed, but you have little manual control. The ZJ is all about driver reflexes and feel. The ZJ has less metal to damage.

Stoping not much a difference.

Did I mention its more about tires and driver skill. Its easier to drive the WK2 well, but perhaps not as fun... but if you have to get there now without drama. Thats the WK2.

That being said, I used to drive my 62 open rear 2wd Comet into hunting camps that Jeep and 4WD truck drivers would have to walk into, if you know what I mean.

I was born with nuttin' and I still have most of it.
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #36 of 43 Old 11-13-2019, 09:07 PM
Southroader
2017 WK 

My Off Road Pages reappeared. I had asked both Jeep Cares and the case manager for updates but they never replied.
post #37 of 43 Old 11-15-2019, 02:04 PM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southroader View Post
My Off Road Pages reappeared. I had asked both Jeep Cares and the case manager for updates but they never replied.
Hi Southroader,
I do apologize, however, if you tried to PM us again, we did not receive it. I did look into your case and requested that your case manager reach out to you. If you do not hear from your case manager by end of day Monday, please let me know.
Alex
JeepCares
post #38 of 43 Old 11-16-2019, 08:33 PM
0f02r

Mine back too
post #39 of 43 Old 11-18-2019, 08:46 AM
Fast55

2017 WK 

Garage
Mine too. The dealer working on all the rest of my problems said they didn't touch it, so this must be an over the air fix.

I PM'd Alex to close out my case.

2017 Trailhawk
Active Safety, Luxury group, Blind spot detection
Hemi
Rock Rails, Chief Products
post #40 of 43 Old 11-18-2019, 12:12 PM
Southroader
2017 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Hi Southroader,
I do apologize, however, if you tried to PM us again, we did not receive it. I did look into your case and requested that your case manager reach out to you. If you do not hear from your case manager by end of day Monday, please let me know.
Alex
JeepCares
I received a call from the case manager this morning. I confirmed the Off Road Pages where back and working. She did not know how it was resolved.

Thank you JeepCares for following up.
post #41 of 43 Old 11-18-2019, 01:52 PM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southroader View Post
I received a call from the case manager this morning. I confirmed the Off Road Pages where back and working. She did not know how it was resolved.

Thank you JeepCares for following up.
We're happy to hear this, Southroader. Thank you for the update!
Alex
JeepCares
post #42 of 43 Old 11-18-2019, 02:03 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I'm pretty sure, with the most recent software upgrade, that it takes several ignition cycles and deep sleep cycles to put the radio completely in sync with the other computers/option configurations, and in the mode that activates the off road pages.

I was born with nuttin' and I still have most of it.
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #43 of 43 Old 11-19-2019, 08:19 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

That makes sense, Coldcase. When the TSB was originally applied to mine, the pages took several days to show up and recently on my failed OTA update, the same thing happened.

It would be really nice if Chrysler knew that and told us up front.

06 KJ
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in