Off Road Pages Disappear after 2 Years?! - JeepForum.com
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 Old 10-25-2019, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Mogul

Off Road Pages Disappear after 2 Years?!

2017 Trailhawk....
My Offroad Pages have worked fine for over two years and just disappeared today. I never activated or subsribed to Uconnect Acees or any other services except the free travellink.

My Uconnect hasn't updated, tbough I did get a message last week that an OTA update was coming. But nothing since. How do things just spontaneously disappear?

I had the Offroad Page app icon on the bottom row, that's how I noticed since I don't use them everyday. The iconis there, but now just has an exclamation point there. The app is no longer on the apps screen. Weird.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 10-26-2019, 01:40 PM
MYPTBUL
2014 WK 

You probably received the update without knowing it. Check out the thread about unconnect-ota-update-18-43-01. Some people have lost their Offroad pages after the update.
post #3 of 43 Old 10-26-2019, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Mogul

Thanks. I'll check it out but sw version still showing as 17-09-01

post #4 of 43 Old 10-27-2019, 07:25 PM
Fast55

2017 WK 

Garage
Mine died with the update. The icon for off road pages turned into an exclamation point. I haven't yet taken it in to see if they can fix it or it's another app that just no longer works........

2017 Trailhawk
Active Safety, Luxury group, Blind spot detection
Hemi
Rock Rails, Chief Products
post #5 of 43 Old 10-27-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Mogul

I havent got an update, or at least the version doesnt update. I also never got a notice. I will be taking ot in when I get a chance. Just over 36K miles of course. But they better not try to charge me for something like this.
post #6 of 43 Old 10-28-2019, 09:19 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
2017 Trailhawk....
My Offroad Pages have worked fine for over two years and just disappeared today. I never activated or subsribed to Uconnect Acees or any other services except the free travellink.

My Uconnect hasn't updated, tbough I did get a message last week that an OTA update was coming. But nothing since. How do things just spontaneously disappear?

I had the Offroad Page app icon on the bottom row, that's how I noticed since I don't use them everyday. The iconis there, but now just has an exclamation point there. The app is no longer on the apps screen. Weird.
Hi Mogul,
We'd be happy to take a deeper look into this. Please send us a PM with your VIN.
Alex
Jeep Cares
post #7 of 43 Old 11-01-2019, 07:02 PM
paullee01

2018 WK 

Garage
I've had the update the Off Road pages are still there. However my GPS location and altitude is blank.
post #8 of 43 Old 11-02-2019, 07:44 PM
GregK340
2017 WK 

My Off Road Pages app disappeared 2- 3weeks ago (roughly). I updated to 18.45.01 by USB today, the Off Road Pages app appeared briefly, when I touched it, a window popped up telling me to contact Uconnect as my subscription had expired. (then the app was gone again). pretty sure the trailhawks were supposed to have the off road pages permanently, no mention in the owners manual about them expiring or needing a subscription for them. have to give them a call.
post #9 of 43 Old 11-02-2019, 07:51 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Someone mentioned somewhere around here that his offroad pages only show up when in Drive, not in park.

I was born with nuttin' and I still have most of it.
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #10 of 43 Old 11-02-2019, 08:18 PM
GregK340
2017 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Someone mentioned somewhere around here that his offroad pages only show up when in Drive, not in park.
I saw that,
Pretty sure they USED to be available in park or drive, or even with the engine off, Just to be on the safe side I just went out and checked (-: nope mine is gone in all situations.
post #11 of 43 Old 11-03-2019, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Mogul

Offroad Pages showed up in all situations once the system was fully booted.

I've been in contact with Uconnect and Jeep and have a case open, but they haven't notified me of the apparently now available update. My SW version 17.09.01 shows up on the list posted by Coldcase in another thread.

Will be interesting to see if the pages come back with this.
post #12 of 43 Old 11-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Southroader
2017 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast55 View Post
Mine died with the update. The icon for off road pages turned into an exclamation point. I haven't yet taken it in to see if they can fix it or it's another app that just no longer works........
This is what happened to me earlier this week. On Tuesday I called the listed Uconnect number and they transferred me to XM radio. Neither one had any idea about "Off Road Pages." On Wednesday I sent a private message to Jeep Cares. They got back to me quickly with a case number and said they had escalated it. Friday I received an email from a Uconnect Case manager. Within a half hour I received an OTA update (my first) from 16.51.19 to 17.15.21. That made no difference.

This morning I downloaded Uconnect_VP4,18.45.01-My13-17, put on a USB drive and updated it manually. That worked. I hope the Off Road Pages app stays put.
post #13 of 43 Old 11-03-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Mogul

Well, only limited success. Downloaded and applied the 18.45 Uconnect update and it loaded successfully. Nav needs to be calibrated, will do that on the drive to work tomorrow.

Off road Pages app initially appeared. When trying to launch it, got a mesage saying expired uconnect acxess subscription or something to that effect, and need to renew.

This better not be Jeep's new position on this. I have a build sheet that has tbis as a separate line item,and as e tioned above, never activated Uconnect Access. Should be great fun getting Jeep and Uconnect to resolve this in the favor of their loyal customers.
post #14 of 43 Old 11-03-2019, 09:19 PM
Fast55

2017 WK 

Garage
I just tried 18.45 and off road pages worked one time after the update. The icon remained an exclamation point though. Remove the USB drive after completion and shut off the GC. No off road pages after a restart.

2017 Trailhawk
Active Safety, Luxury group, Blind spot detection
Hemi
Rock Rails, Chief Products
post #15 of 43 Old 11-04-2019, 01:09 AM
Southroader
2017 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
2017 Trailhawk....
I had the Offroad Page app icon on the bottom row, that's how I noticed since I don't use them everyday. The icon is there, but now just has an exclamation point there. The app is no longer on the apps screen. Weird.
After I updated to 18.45.01 I still had the exclamation point on the bottom row, but the Off Road Pages app icon reappeared in the apps screen. I dragged it to the bottom row and it replaced the one with the exclamation point. I'll post if it disappears later today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in