Narrow Garage Width That Your WK2 Will Fit In - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-03-2019, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
ugadawg24

Narrow Garage Width That Your WK2 Will Fit In

Hi All - my wife and I are home shopping. There's one we're looking at that has a pretty narrow attached garage. The opening is right around 93" wide. I see that the WK2 is 76.5" wide. Seems like the mirrors don't add width when I fold them in. I feel like it'd be tight but that I could slowly get it in.

The house isn't officially listed yet so I can't go do a test "pull-in" for a few more weeks so I wanted to see if anyone else has a narrow garage like this and if they can get in and out comfortably.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-03-2019, 04:03 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

My garage door opening is 94 inches, which is close to the 95 inch standard for an 8 foot door.

No problem pulling in and out, plenty of clearance for mirrors as long as its a straight shot. But a 93 inch wide garage is not going to allow all the car doors to open wide enough for all but the real skinny folks. Hopefully its a bit wider inside the door. How close can you park to a car in the next parking spot and still be comfortable getting in and out?

Some people think I'm stupid and I totally disagree. But my biggest fear is that me thinking I'm smart proves them right.....
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 6 Old 09-04-2019, 08:26 PM
magik235

1971 CJ5 

The opening to my garage is 93 inches. My 2011 Overland fits with a couple of inches to spare on each side. I painted a white line in the center of the doorway and use the backup camera to center the vehicle.

1971 Jeep CJ5 - 2010 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited - 2011 Jeep Overland 5.7 Hemi

post #4 of 6 Old 09-05-2019, 05:18 AM
2017jgc
2017 WK 

We will see if our new used 17 Limited will fit OK if and when we get home again to do a test fit. We have water heater, washer/dryer on the left side and wall of car part totes on the right side in the middle of our 2 by 2 door double garage. I have my Alfa Romeo taking up the right side of garage.

We have been keeping our 04 Grand Overland on the left side and opening driver's door against the washer.

Alfisto Steve

2004 JGC Overland WJ and 2017 JGC Limited WK2

Gone but not forgotten 1996 JGC Laredo
post #5 of 6 Old 09-06-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
ugadawg24

Quote:
Originally Posted by magik235 View Post
The opening to my garage is 93 inches. My 2011 Overland fits with a couple of inches to spare on each side. I painted a white line in the center of the doorway and use the backup camera to center the vehicle.
This is a great idea as we both have back-up cameras. I think getting one car in will be fine. Two will be a tight squeeze so we'll probably reserve that for when we go out of town or if hail is in the forecast (happens quite a bit here in Colorado!). Thanks!
post #6 of 6 Old 09-07-2019, 06:52 PM
96OrvisEd

Buy a custom fit car cover and when hail is in the forecast put moving blankets under the cover! My new Altitude sits outside so I need to protect it....it will fit in the garage (barely) but then I have to put another car out. It’s a bit of work but worth when bad weather is forecast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in