Maximum Care Warranty - Struts - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 10-15-2019, 02:36 PM
Rich Z
2019 WK 

My leaning, if it were me, would be to pay to get the repairs done, then file a small claims court lawsuit against the dealership. They are a legal representative of the manufacturer, so it will be a local matter. Even if the matter of jurisdiction would be raised, long arm statutes would still be on your side because of the number of local sales done through the dealership.

All you would have to lose is a little bit of time and the filing fee.

At least look into it. It's not a good feeling to be crapped on.

IMHO.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
5.7l Hemi
White exterior, black interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 10-20-2019, 12:49 PM
GPV1

2012 WK 

It's sucks that you're dealing with this because it's not correct. I've had my rear airbags replaced under maxcare as well as a leaking shock (they replaced both as a pair of course). Unless they're trying to claim that you did something to damage the shock like exceed the payload capacity or something else, then failure itself should be covered. The only thing I've ever seen them balk at was replacing the front Quadra-lift struts. Even then, if they failed they would but it's very hard to tell if they let go because they typically won't leak the same way a more conventional strut will.

The only thing I have run into that they would not cover so far after 7 years and 170,000 miles was my side view mirror. The side warning stopped working, they diagnosed it as a bad mirror but said it was considered "trim" and not covered. They wanted 950 to replace it! I found a used 2017 mirror on eBay and installed it myself for $130. Just insane.

Not to thread drift but... thread drift... Does anyone know how FCA determines at what point the repair is more than the value of the vehicle and they tap out? As my jeep gets older I've been wondering this because once the maxcare is finished so is my ownership of this one.
post #18 of 19 Old 10-20-2019, 01:29 PM
Pine_Cat
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbacon View Post
I have the lifetime maximum care warranty on my 2013 JGC (~150k miles), and I was told my front strut was leaking during an oil change. I asked if it would be covered by my warranty and the dealer said yes. I got a call yesterday saying that the claim was denied because it falls under the normal wear and tear clause. I took a look at my policy and struts are specifically called out in the "What is covered" section, and is not in the "Normal wear and tear" section. I attempted to call the Mopar line to get a clarification, and the employee just re-iterated what was in case file and said struts are only covered if it's a manufacturer defect and not normal wear and tear. If this is the case, why are struts not in the same section as brakes and wipers? I can understand it if struts were in maintenance schedule, but I've never seen them come up.
I guess the one thing I've never been able to figure out about this thread is what was the mileage on the strut? Was it 60k miles? More? Less?
GPV1 likes this.

2017 JK Sahara (my Smartcar)
2011 KK Liberty (H&R lift springs, OldManEmu shocks/struts, skinny 32)
2009 Kia Sorento (H&R springs, ToyTec strut spacers, OldManEmu shocks/struts, skinny 31)
2006 TJ budget LCG prerunner (see profile)
2006 Chevy Trailblazer (EXT lift, Nth LJ 4.5" springs + Monroe rear coilovers, skinny 32)
1998 Dodge Durango (SuspMax & Roadmaster lifts, rear Truetrac, skinny 32)

post #19 of 19 Old 10-21-2019, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Hotbacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine_Cat View Post
what was the mileage on the strut?
I'm currently at 160k, and I've never replaced them. I've never noticed the symptoms of a worn strut (no rebound, bouncing, droop, pull to one side, etc.), so never felt a need to replace them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in