lifetime maxcare denied swaybar and endlinks- help please - JeepForum.com
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 08-27-2021, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
slickrick

lifetime maxcare denied swaybar and endlinks- help please

Hey guys,
I brought my WK2 with 160k miles in for a diagnosis on a rough ride and the dealer told me the sway bar and end links needed to be replaced. The claim was denied by Mopar Vehicle Protection. I called their 1-800-521-9922 number twice. first rep stated they are not covered after 130k miles and the second rep I spoke with stated the reason for the denial was "time & mileage" I stated my case that it was an unlimited mile/time warranty and her response was that it as a wear and tear item. She suggested I ask the dealer to appeal it.

My question to all of you is how successful have you been in fighting for the denial of these claims? denial based on time and mileage is an obvious breach of the contract but with wear and tear, how can they justify that stance on a part that has no recommended service interval?

If the appeal is denied, what then? it seems like if you accept their rationale for the wear and tear argument they then have precedence and can use that are reason for denial on any part that fails.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle? Has anyone taken them to small claims court successfully?

@JeepCares can you help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-27-2021, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
slickrick

Happy to turn this into a discussion on other parts. I am just hoping to learn how you all are dealing with jeep trying to get out of coverage I think we are are contractually obligated to based on the language in the contract.
post #3 of 16 Old 08-27-2021, 01:31 PM
Homer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
Hey guys,
I brought my WK2 with 160k miles in for a diagnosis on a rough ride and the dealer told me the sway bar and end links needed to be replaced. The claim was denied by Mopar Vehicle Protection. I called their 1-800-521-9922 number twice. first rep stated they are not covered after 130k miles and the second rep I spoke with stated the reason for the denial was "time & mileage" I stated my case that it was an unlimited mile/time warranty and her response was that it as a wear and tear item. She suggested I ask the dealer to appeal it.

My question to all of you is how successful have you been in fighting for the denial of these claims? denial based on time and mileage is an obvious breach of the contract but with wear and tear, how can they justify that stance on a part that has no recommended service interval?

If the appeal is denied, what then? it seems like if you accept their rationale for the wear and tear argument they then have precedence and can use that are reason for denial on any part that fails.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle? Has anyone taken them to small claims court successfully?

@JeepCares can you help?
I am in the process of small claims now for my 2008....Lifetime Warranty....I was given many reasons over the phone why not covered under contract; but only one in writing, which is contrary to contract. That reply came in response to my 1st certified letter/ appeal. I then pointed out the error as per the contract, another certified letter, and they ignored it. It's ether accept or sue; I have contacted a lawyer through my employment and was advised. This is why, imho, they no longer issue lifetime contracts. But, they must honor the ones they sold.

BTW, the language involving my issue has been changed in the service contract for my 2017.

2017 GC Trailhawk
2008 GC Limited
2014 Acura RDX
1997 GC Limited Beach Buggy (Deceased....RIP)

post #4 of 16 Old 08-27-2021, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
slickrick

@Homer1 thanks for the quick and detailed response. I will be sending my certified letter to their claims dispute division this weekend and expect the same initial outcome. It sounds like you are in the small claims process right now then? I'll send you a PM
Homer1 likes this.
post #5 of 16 Old 08-28-2021, 01:17 PM
BubbaATL
2018 WK 

Please keep us posted on your outcomes.

2018 Limited 3.6L with pretty much everything ("almost a Trailhawk")
post #6 of 16 Old 08-28-2021, 06:08 PM
emacca

I expect “Jeep cares” will jump in any moment now

“Sarc”
dtrkyman and MailManSJ like this.
post #7 of 16 Old 08-30-2021, 06:36 PM
newtoncd8
2012 WK 

Quote:
Hey guys,

@JeepCares can you help?
I would show them the contract -- my lifetime calls out sway bar/link. Not sure how they would have a leg to stand on.
Attached Thumbnails
jeep1.jpg  
post #8 of 16 Old 08-30-2021, 09:40 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacca View Post
I expect “Jeep cares” will jump in any moment now

“Sarc”
Careful, the kid assigned to this forum may be on lunch break

Did anyone notice a less proactive Jeep customer support since Stellantis was formed? Haven't heard from them in awhile.

Sounds like they are saying Jeeps are wore out at 130,000 miles. Thats a recent change.

We may want to start thinking about alerting the press, some of those reporters love this stuff.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #9 of 16 Old 08-30-2021, 10:49 PM
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
I'm not saying it's right what they are doing, but, how much are these end links to replace?
Vs your time and frustration.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Get out and explore.
post #10 of 16 Old 08-31-2021, 06:11 AM
9496ZJs
2016 WK 

Sorry to hear of your trouble.
Wondering what excuses I will hear from Stellantis when I try applying my max care “lifetime” policy….though nothing broken yet.

Never underestimate the crazy things an SA or company rep or lawyers will say to weasel out of a warranty.
post #11 of 16 Old 08-31-2021, 11:30 AM
Bilko

This is a related post from Car & Driver
Attached Thumbnails
CD.jpg  
post #12 of 16 Old 08-31-2021, 01:58 PM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Hey guys,

@JeepCares can you help?
Thank you for tagging us here, slickrick. Although we cannot appeal your claim, if you decide to proceed with repairs, we can provide extra support. We are in private message to discuss further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
post #13 of 16 Old 08-31-2021, 09:19 PM
Mogul

Useless. Jeep "Cares". No evidence of that. A sign of things to come on even worse dealer support from Jeep going forward. I purchased my Lifetime Maxcare based on what is in the contract. If this is what I have to look forward to, that's bs. They made a business decision to offer that service contract, then made one to no longer offer it. They need to honor those still in effect with original owners.
Homer1 likes this.
post #14 of 16 Old 09-14-2021, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
slickrick

Thanks everyone for feedback. @Shark_13 I can handle swapping the new parts myself no problem, not concerned with that and will if I need to. What is most concerning is the rationale they are using considering this is a unlimited time and mile warranty and the fact that my dealer stated he is seeing too many of these denials lately. He said that last year they would not have even questioned this repair and encouraged me to fight it. If I accept their response for this part how can I argue against them using the same response for a future repair? I never understood why they offered this warranty in the first place but they did and took my money... And contract language is contract language.

So, regarding an update, I sent a registered letter to the warranty division to appeal the case or at the very least have a written explanation of their rationale so that I can pursue further. Small claims is the last thing I want to do but they know people are adverse to this as well and they are playing the odds. I am attaching a redacted copy here in the hopes that it may help someone else.

I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out. Today it's a sway bar but tomorrow it could very well be a transmission. Need to stand up for yourself!
@JeepCares thanks for the response, I'll hit you up in a pm!
Attached Thumbnails
20210914_181226_1631666233325.jpg  
post #15 of 16 Old 09-15-2021, 08:58 AM
BubbaATL
2018 WK 

Thanks for the update, and good luck with it!

2018 Limited 3.6L with pretty much everything ("almost a Trailhawk")

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in