Leather Dashboard - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 199 Old 01-23-2020, 07:31 AM
jasondhead

It most certainly isn't fixed as on the 2015's. I have 2015 JGC that I bought new, always had a sun shade when sitting... same issue... Jeep "Cares" didn't bother contacting me or responding on another forum when I asked about 2015's. I brought this to the dealer, warranty folks, jeep customer service last year and was basically told tough luck... now I see this 2011 - 2014 crap... Nice jeep, the old ones have an issue but somehow mine is something else because it is 2015, highly doubt they changed anything.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 199 Old 02-01-2020, 07:09 AM
Hitman47
2015 WK 

Hi,

Sorry to bump this "old" thread, but instead of creating a new, I guess it's still better :-)

My 2015 GC summit with leather covered dash is starting to bubble at one corner of the dash.

This problem seems to be a well known issue, so I wonder if someone already managed to inject some glue with a needle syringue under the bubble?

Could this work?

And what kind of glue should I use?
post #183 of 199 Old 02-01-2020, 09:55 AM
jasondhead

Here is how I fixed my 2015 GC Overland with the dash issue.
Attached Thumbnails
tacoma.jpg  

post #184 of 199 Old 02-01-2020, 11:43 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

What a downgrade... good luck with it, the neighbor's has been in and out of the dealer's shop for a year. But his is red, and red cars seem to have more issues

Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #185 of 199 Old 02-01-2020, 12:06 PM
Hitman47
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondhead View Post
Here is how I fixed my 2015 GC Overland with the dash issue.
Looooooool!

I bought a bottle of Weldwood contact cement and a chemical resistant syringue with 27 gauge needle, I'll see if it works.

But it's true those cars seems to have many problems...

On my 2015 GC, so far I have:

- 1 led in the front right headlight became blue -_-

- 3 of the 4 leds in the left mirror (turn signal) are dead (I'll do a thread about this issue)

- The leather dash is bubbling

- I had a big noise issue in the rear, fixed my by dealer, it was a broken weld in the car chassis :O

- Some minor interior rattles

All this at only 40'000 k (25k miles)
post #186 of 199 Old 02-06-2020, 12:32 PM
KoobiakJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiller123 View Post
Jeep just released a warranty bulletin today related to the leather dashboards on our trucks. It covers model years 2011-2014. Per this bulletin, they can replace the dashboard (leather and upper carrier) under warranty after inspecting it.

Here's the catch............

The warranty coverage is good for 6 months from the date that the bulletin is issued. It was issued TODAY (12/18/19), meaning that it needs to be looked at BEFORE June 18th!!!

Don't snooze on this!!!! My saddle colored dash is driving me nuts! Now there seems to be an avenue to get it fixed.

Call your dealer with your VIN# to see if it's covered. In the dealer's Warranty Coverage Area, it would need to show "X81" to be covered.
Is there a link to the posted warranty letter? I see the Excel spreadsheet but was looking for the actual letter with info.
post #187 of 199 Old 02-16-2020, 01:25 PM
RIMoparGuy
2014 WK 

I just wanted to give a delayed Thank You to Jeep and Jeep Cares. They replaced my dash at no cost to me just before the letter went out for the warranty replacement notice went out. The new dash looks great, thank you!
post #188 of 199 Old 02-18-2020, 02:28 AM
Roadijeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobiakJeep View Post
Is there a link to the posted warranty letter? I see the Excel spreadsheet but was looking for the actual letter with info.
Here's the service bulletin on it.
Attached Thumbnails
dash.jpg  
post #189 of 199 Old 02-18-2020, 07:11 PM
OldPaint

Garage
I realize that there are several parallel forum threads regarding this topic, but have commented here, so an update:

After getting the inside of the WK2 cleaned a few days ago and spending a few bucks to clean off much of the mud today (a temporary/fleeting effort this time of the year in the mountain foothills), I headed to the nearest Jeep dealer with my support documents. The service writer was dumbfounded, but the service manager knew the routine.

The service manager took the required pictures of the wrinkled dash covering and recorded the vehicle data to be sent in following FCA requirements. The forms I happened to bring were not needed as the info would be sent electronically. He did tell me that it likely would be October before the replacement dash components are in. Yikes, but he said not to worry, I would be registered for the warranty repair because of this inspection.. Kinda sounds like FCA may bundle a number of warranty orders before getting the replacement components manufactured and sent to the dealerships.

Bob N. 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L, 1999 Cherokee XJ 4.0L (off-road enhanced)
post #190 of 199 Old 02-19-2020, 09:16 AM
yodablown

This is great but it upsets me a bit. Jeep flat out refused to fix this issue on my overland and that nasty embarrassing mess of a dash was the main reason i got rid of it.
I did buy another Grand Cherokee to replace it but a limited. In fact i have 3 Wk2 Grand Cherokee limited. They would all be overlands if i wast concerned with the dash looking like a bowel of cornflakes in a couple of years. The whole dash issue and Jeeps service almost turned me away from jeep forever.
Good luck to those who get it fixed under the new warranty extension.
post #191 of 199 Old 02-19-2020, 08:02 PM
KoobiakJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadijeff View Post
Here's the service bulletin on it.
Thank you. I don't see where it says that it needs to be inspected within 6 months? Just want to make sure the date doesn't change.
post #192 of 199 Old 02-19-2020, 09:17 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I think someone posted a copy of the letter around here somewhere. I'll have to dig mine up but basically they're extending the dash warranty for 6 months from date of letter and unlimited miles for certain model years. Letters went out in January, I think, maybe December. If you delay beyond the 6 month period, you may have to pay out of your pocket for the dash replacement.

So you didn't receive a letter?

Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!
post #193 of 199 Old 02-23-2020, 10:39 PM
JeepinABQ

Hey there. Can you send me the letter that you got for the dash? I have been fighting with Jeep on this for some time. Mine is SO bad I was about to pull it off. It almost looks like it's too small for the car now. Anything would help, thanks
post #194 of 199 Old 02-24-2020, 11:13 AM
OldPaint

Garage
JeepinABQ, visit your local Jeep dealer service manager. Service Bulletin 23-036-19 is 3 pages long, which they can bring up on their computer, which includes all the information the dealer will need, required photos, and where they email to fca for repair pre-approval. The dealer can check your VIN and inspect the IP cover to confirm if you qualify. Only 4 months left in the inspection window so don't dilly dally.

Bob N. 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L, 1999 Cherokee XJ 4.0L (off-road enhanced)
post #195 of 199 Old 02-24-2020, 03:51 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The Letter... If you didn't get the letter, either Jeep doesn't have you in their system or your Jeep doesn't qualify. In any case, see a dealer to get things rolling.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7880.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in