Is it good to buy appearance package model - JeepForum.com
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 03-23-2020, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
kushagrakumar21

Is it good to buy appearance package model

I was planning to buy a 2019 Grand Cherokee Altitude which is an appearance package for the Grand Cherokee Laredo. I wanted black alloys and heated seat options so thats why was in favor of Grand Cherokee Altitude. But not sure if it is okay to buy appearance package model?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-23-2020, 08:57 PM
ceb1

Sure, why not?
post #3 of 21 Old 03-23-2020, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
kushagrakumar21

While they upgrade 2019 Grand cherokee laredo to Altitude, does that cause any performance changes as well. I am not sure as I have never dealt with appearance package model.

post #4 of 21 Old 03-23-2020, 10:29 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The altitude is a bit more than appearance as it also includes:

20- INCH WHEELS
UCONNECT® 4C NAV MUTIMEDIA CENTER AND NEW FLUSH-MOUNTED TOUCHSCREEN (with GPS NAV)
SECURITY AND CONVENIENCE GROUP
POWER LIFTGATE
SECURITY ALARM
REMOTE START SYSTEM
HEATED AND POWER DRIVERS AND PASSENGER SEATs
STEERING WHEEL MOUNTED RADIO CONTROLS.

There are no performance differences, just some styling. The Altitude has been a popular package here, nothing wrong with it.

Do not mistake temptation for opportunity
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #5 of 21 Old 03-24-2020, 04:14 AM
PwnCall

Garage
If you just want heated seats get a Laredo e with all weather package, it’s like 1000 dollar add on but way cheaper than getting a higher trim level.

Then you can get aftermarket rims if you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 21 Old 03-24-2020, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
kushagrakumar21

@ColdCase @PwnCall thanks for your replies.
The appearance package has following description:
This Jeep Grand Cherokee Features the Following Options
ENGINE: 3.6L V6 24V VVT UPG I W/ESS (STD), ENGINE BLOCK HEATER, DIAMOND BLACK CRYSTAL PEARLCOAT, BLACK, BLACK SUEDE SEATS W/BLACK STITCHING, Wheels: 20 x 8.0 Gloss Black Aluminum, Valet Function, Trip Computer, Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic (850RE), Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Sequential Shift Control, Tracker System.

Also, the carfax detail provided on dealership site is:

Last CARFAX reading reported on 11/26/2019: 14,219 miles
Today's Date: March 24, 2020

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty: Estimated Remaining Coverage:
Basic 36 months or 36,000 miles 25 months or 21,781 miles
Drivetrain 60 months or 60,000 miles 49 months or 45,781 miles
Emissions 96 months or 80,000 miles 85 months or 65,781 miles
Corrosion 36 months or unlimited mileage 25 months or unlimited mileage
Transferable Transferable, no deductible. Same
Roadside Assistance No data reported to CARFAX
Safety belt & inflatable restraint No data reported to CARFAX
Specific Components No data reported to CARFAX
Notes: Emissions: Manufacturer covers emissions components under basic warranty. Emissions coverage may vary by state. Refer to owners manual for specific details. Transferable: Transferable, no deductible. Roadside Assistance: Administered by Cross Country. Specific Components: Wear items covered 1/12,000. Diesel: 5/100,000 no deductible.
post #7 of 21 Old 03-24-2020, 11:11 AM
PwnCall

Garage
Depend if you want all those extra features with that, the all weather package comes with QDII as well so you get the select terrain knob and a true awd/4x4 vehicle.
kushagrakumar21 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 21 Old 03-24-2020, 11:23 AM
SouthDakota

2018 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnCall View Post
Depend if you want all those extra features with that, the all weather package comes with QDII as well so you get the select terrain knob and a true awd/4x4 vehicle.
Not trying to be a jerk, but you do not get QDII with the All Weather Package. You get QTII (Quadra-Trac II). The rest of your comment is correct. QDII (Quadra-Drive II) is, unless this was different in the past, only available on Limited and up trims.

Had the QTII on my wife's previous 2014 JGC, no complaints. The All Weather Package (or whatever package gets you the QTII or better) is definitely worth it if you live anywhere near a state that has a real winter. QTI is fine, and will work (basically an AWD system), but QTII is a more advanced AWD system, in my opinion. Nice to be able to switch it to get more traction in snow when we needed it (versus the regular "Auto" mode).

As we got our 2018 TH at the tail end of the 2019-2020 winter, haven't really tested the QDII system yet myself. We'll see come the 2020-2021 winter how she handles.

-Jason

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Luxury & Active Safety Groups, Rock Rails

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Protection & Convenience Groups, 3.92 Gears, Anti-Spin Rear End, RamBox System
post #9 of 21 Old 03-24-2020, 11:50 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagrakumar21 View Post
@ColdCase @PwnCall thanks for your replies.
The appearance package has following description:
This Jeep Grand Cherokee Features the Following Options
ENGINE: 3.6L V6 24V VVT UPG I W/ESS (STD), ENGINE BLOCK HEATER, DIAMOND BLACK CRYSTAL PEARLCOAT, BLACK, BLACK SUEDE SEATS W/BLACK STITCHING, Wheels: 20 x 8.0 Gloss Black Aluminum, Valet Function, Trip Computer, Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic (850RE), Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Sequential Shift Control, Tracker System.
These descriptions are summaries, they don't include everything in a package. It can get complicated but Edmunds and KBB typically have good descriptions of what is in an option package for a specific model year in a more human readable form.

The Altitude package may be the least expensive way to get the wheels you want.

The Laredos can have two different 4WD systems, both work just fine. The base is an AWD type, optional on some packages is a more traditional 4WD type with a low range. If you are seriously into off road, then you will want a package with QTII, which is the more traditional 4WD system. Most Grand Cherokees are built with the base system and it functions well, but the kind of tires you put on makes a significant difference in foul weather.

If you like the Jeep, test drive it, buy it and have many miles of smiles. The details we get wrapped around here are in the noise for the average owner.

You are buying used, and appearance packaged typically get devalued (unless its rare and desirable). So you are probably getting the style you want for very little more cash than a base Laredo. Don't fret it.

post #10 of 21 Old 03-24-2020, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
kushagrakumar21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
These descriptions are summaries, they don't include everything in a package. It can get complicated but Edmunds and KBB typically have good descriptions of what is in an option package for a specific model year in a more human readable form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthDakota View Post
Had the QTII on my wife's previous 2014 JGC, no complaints. The All Weather Package (or whatever package gets you the QTII or better) is definitely worth it if you live anywhere near a state that has a real winter. QTI is fine, and will work (basically an AWD system), but QTII is a more advanced AWD system, in my opinion. Nice to be able to switch it to get more traction in snow when we needed it (versus the regular "Auto" mode).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnCall View Post
Thanks for your feedback.
@ColdCase @ SouthDakota @ PwnCall
Since I have less than 10 posts, is there any way I can share the links of the vehicles from dealership (2019 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ALTITUDE - appearance package for the Grand Cherokee Laredo and 2019 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED) so that you guys can have a close look?
post #11 of 21 Old 03-25-2020, 04:27 AM
PwnCall

Garage
I always get QTII and QDII confused, why didn’t they just do them all QDI, QDII, and QDIII would have been less confusing lol.

post #12 of 21 Old 03-25-2020, 06:41 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

QD is a marketing term held over from previous models. There used to be quite a bit of difference between a QD and QT transfer cases and in performance. Now days they offer two transfer cases, QTI and QTII. QD is a ELSD rear added to QTII, not a whole lot of difference. But instead of QTIII, marketing wanted to keep QD around as it sells Jeeps.

post #13 of 21 Old 03-28-2020, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
kushagrakumar21

@ColdCase @SouthDakota @PwnCall
Here is the link of the car and its carfax. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.bloomingtonchryslerjeep....rjfag7kc692942
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...575.1584994616
post #14 of 21 Old 03-28-2020, 07:34 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Looks nice. If you care, it was a rental in Alaska. 14,000 miles in 6 months means it was rented often. There are other Altitudes advertised for about a $thousand less with less miles, so the price may be just OK. There seems to be room to haggle.
SouthDakota likes this.

post #15 of 21 Old 03-28-2020, 11:48 PM
SouthDakota

2018 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Looks nice. If you care, it was a rental in Alaska. 14,000 miles in 6 months means it was rented often. There are other Altitudes advertised for about a $thousand less with less miles, so the price may be just OK. There seems to be room to haggle.
I agree with ColdCase, I'd see if they can budge a bit on the price tag.

I know they have a sort-of window sticker on the dealership website there, but here's what the original OEM one looked like...
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windo...RJFAG7KC692942

-Jason

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Luxury & Active Safety Groups, Rock Rails

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Protection & Convenience Groups, 3.92 Gears, Anti-Spin Rear End, RamBox System

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in