Enjoying my GC - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
 93Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 83 Unread 05-21-2019, 07:41 PM
DerekWildstar

My wife's '14 GC Limited has been terrific. She bought it with 11,000 miles on it, and it's closing in on 36,000 now. I've been a Honda guy through-and-through (my parents joke that they didn't birth me, but instead picked me up from a Honda factory), but I've really enjoyed the Jeep. It's large enough to carry plenty of cargo, but it doesn't feel like a big vehicle when you drive it (and its turning radius is ridiculously great). The AWD system is fantastic, although the awful Goodyear Forteras let it down a bit. I have a set of Nokian WR G4 SUV tires on order - I'm looking forward to reporting back on its performance in the snow with those tires on it. Gas mileage isn't as awful as I thought it would be, although for longer trips, we usually take my Accord instead.

w6pea and varoadking like this.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 83 Unread 05-21-2019, 08:18 PM
wildbill23c
1998 ZJ 

Sorry my Jeep is too old for this thread, but sounds like some great reviews. Course most complaints you hear of but people that are loving their vehicle are out driving it and rarely ever post a review with positive experience, people tend to only post everything bad about a vehicle...its great to see all these stories of good experiences with their Jeeps. My Jeep is 21 years old but its my 2nd one and love it just as much as I did the first one.
post #48 of 83 Unread 05-21-2019, 10:28 PM
96GrandJeepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekWildstar View Post
My wife's '14 GC Limited has been terrific. She bought it with 11,000 miles on it, and it's closing in on 36,000 now. I've been a Honda guy through-and-through (my parents joke that they didn't birth me, but instead picked me up from a Honda factory), but I've really enjoyed the Jeep. It's large enough to carry plenty of cargo, but it doesn't feel like a big vehicle when you drive it (and its turning radius is ridiculously great). The AWD system is fantastic, although the awful Goodyear Forteras let it down a bit. I have a set of Nokian WR G4 SUV tires on order - I'm looking forward to reporting back on its performance in the snow with those tires on it. Gas mileage isn't as awful as I thought it would be, although for longer trips, we usually take my Accord instead.
Living in snow country, I have been running Nokian WR G3 SUV tires on my Jeeps year round this year, they performed great in the snow & ice. I've also been impressed with them in the warmer weather. In the past I've run Nokian snow tires (WR G2's, I think) year round on a 96 ZJ, they were very good in snow and ice but they did wear quickly.

Nokian's have been a great tire for me.

2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
2018 Cherokee Latitude Plus
1996 Grand Cherokee Limited ~ Sold 12/2018

post #49 of 83 Unread 05-22-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

Quote:
My wife has a 2017 H-RV and our youngest daughter has her hand-me-down 2013 C-RV. They have both been great vehicles, requiring nothing but scheduled maintenance.
DerekWildstar likes this.
post #50 of 83 Unread 05-23-2019, 12:18 AM
spidy512

Heya,

We picked our current 2015 diesel last September with 37k mi. We are just over 52k and we really love this truck. We traded in a 2009 Overland Hemi, and the difference in gas mileage has been way better than we expected. We also have owned a 2002 GC Limited and our second car after we got married was a 1996 Laredo. Not to mention my parents are on there 4th GC and we had a 1984 Cherokee Chief when I was a kid. We are a pretty loyal Jeep family....

This is by far the best GC we have owned. We really love everything about it. It is a very capable truck, yet drives exceptionally well on the road. So much so I am more likely going to get a second one for my son and I to share. My current Golf R is a bit much for my son to learn to drive in and it is still in new condition. Time to trade it in...

Great thread btw!

josh
varoadking and DerekWildstar like this.
post #51 of 83 Unread 05-23-2019, 05:27 PM
DerekWildstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96GrandJeepers View Post
Living in snow country, I have been running Nokian WR G3 SUV tires on my Jeeps year round this year, they performed great in the snow & ice. I've also been impressed with them in the warmer weather. In the past I've run Nokian snow tires (WR G2's, I think) year round on a 96 ZJ, they were very good in snow and ice but they did wear quickly.

Nokian's have been a great tire for me.
I have gone through two sets of WR G3s on my 2012 Accord coupe (I drive a lot) and I swear by these tires, especially when Ive climbed snow-covered hills with FWD that SUVs were struggling to ascend, or when Ive had drama-free emergency stops in the snow and ice. Looking forward to seeing how the WR G4 SUV tires compare, and what the our GC can really do once it has proper tires.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 coupe
post #52 of 83 Unread 06-05-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

Still enjoying my GC

7,500 miles now since October after an 1,100 mile round trip to Cincinnati at 26+ MPG...it just keeps getting better...
DerekWildstar likes this.
post #53 of 83 Unread 06-30-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

post #54 of 83 Unread 06-30-2019, 02:22 PM
calmo73

I have 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees and have loved every one. I had a 98 Laredo, 2015 Limited, and a 2 day old 2019 High Altitude. My Laredo did see a few times in the service bay for minor things but overall was a terrific vehicle and the reason I went back to Jeep in 2015 after having a host of minivans, Tahoe, GMC Acadia, VW Tiguan...I missed that Jeep from the day I traded it in. The Limited has been a great vehicle and has been passed down to my son in college. Time will tell on the 2019 as it only has 118 miles on it and I've only driven it twice, but my husband and I both are in love with it and hope to drive many more happy Jeep Grand Cherokee years.
post #55 of 83 Unread 06-30-2019, 07:58 PM
2014RedHemiGC

2014 WK 

Quote:
I have gone through two sets of WR G3s on my 2012 Accord coupe (I drive a lot) and I swear by these tires, especially when I’ve climbed snow-covered hills with FWD that SUVs were struggling to ascend, or when I’ve had drama-free emergency stops in the snow and ice. Looking forward to seeing how the WR G4 SUV tires compare, and what the our GC can really do once it has proper tires.
We have the WR G3’s on our GC and they got us through some very icy winters when we lived on top of a 5500’ mountain without a hiccup. Great treadwear rating as well. Only problem was finding a retailer who ever even heard of Nokians much less sells them!
w6pea and DerekWildstar like this.

2014 Deep Cherry Red GC 4X4 V8 QDII
2012 Crystal Red Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
2011 Crystal Red Chevy Corvette Z06/Z07
post #56 of 83 Unread 07-02-2019, 07:25 AM
BigTizzie

2011 WK 

I had to have the rear calipers changed when I was on the road a month or so ago. Cost me $700 bucks.

Other than that, no problemo as of late! Getting 26 mpg here in the summer too.

The passenger side climate control is junk too.
w6pea likes this.
post #57 of 83 Unread 07-03-2019, 10:45 PM
w6pea

2016 WK 

Garage
My wife and I have a 2016 JGC Overland High Altitude I guess that's a fancy name for blacking out the wheels and the badging. I love driving it. We took delivery of it 01Oct16 bought it off the lot. Should have ordered one then we would have a 2017 That's my Ram Laramie 2500 IL-6 6.7L CTD. with the door open behind it.
Attached Images

varoadking and DerekWildstar like this.

"Without Trucks America Stops!"
"I woke up still not dead again today!"
"There's too much Blood in my Caffeine System"

"Semper Fi" "Once A Marine Always A Marine"
"No Better Friend..No Worse Enemy""Boycott the NFL" "Boycott Nike "
post #58 of 83 Unread 07-05-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post
My wife and I have a 2016 JGC Overland High Altitude I guess that's a fancy name for blacking out the wheels and the badging. I love driving it. We took delivery of it 01Oct16 bought it off the lot. Should have ordered one then we would have a 2017 That's my Ram Laramie 2500 IL-6 6.7L CTD. with the door open behind it.
I also have a 2012 Hemi RAM myself. These are simply great vehicles...FCA hit it out of the ballpark with the RAM and the JGC...

OT - I responded to a Jeep survey and they just call me back to discuss it. I went on and on about how enjoyable my JGC and RAM both are...

After a 200 mile round trip to DC yesterday, the JGC is due for the 8,000 mile service next week...
w6pea and DerekWildstar like this.
post #59 of 83 Unread 07-05-2019, 08:42 PM
Roadijeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by varoadking View Post
After a 200 mile round trip to DC yesterday, the JGC is due for the 8,000 mile service next week...
What type of service? I'm coming up on 15,000 miles on mine and all I've had done to it so far are oil changes and tire rotation every 5,000 miles.
varoadking likes this.
post #60 of 83 Unread 07-06-2019, 09:03 AM
LazyFerret

2011 WK 

Garage
As a first timer entering into Jeep ownership, having had cars both personal and company, from all sorts of marques, I can honestly say there have been 3 cars I would gladly have again. My 2002 Volvo V70, my 1999 Nissan Terrano 2, and my current 2011 GJC 3.0 crd limited.

Unfortunately once Ford took over Volvo, they ruined them, and they are no longer up to par so I wont be having them again.

Nissan no longer make the Terrano2 or an equivalent so that is out.

Just before Christmas I took a punt on this Jeep and I have to say I love it. It has all the toys and gizmos I could want. The only negative is getting add-ons in the UK is a lot harder and more expensive than most of you guys have to pay.

This weekend it did something that was awesome and above a beyond all my expectations...

We were towing our caravam on the motorway when things turned pear shapped. We hit a cross wind at the same time as passing a lorry on a steep downhill stretch which set up a snake. To make things worse, the traffic ahead was stopping so I had no room to try and accelerate out of it. Since I had no choice but to hit the brakes, I was fearing the worst.

In all my years of towing, I have only ever had one bad snake in the past, towing with a Volvo 240, and it was a very scary experience, which luckily, dispite everyting in your body screaming STOP, putting on a bit of power rectified and we came out very shaken, but all in one piece.

So I was fearing the worst when I realised I had no choice but to try and brake, and was very hesitant about pushing the "big" pedal.

At this point the jeeps stability control took over and you could feel it braking on different corners as it not only slowed the car and caravan, but totally straightened the snake as well.

I have never felt anything as impressive, if a little scary, as a car just taking control of the situation and sorting everything out for you. I would not like to rely on it as a means to and end, but it's very nice to know it has your back.

Fantastic car/suv/crossover/truck or whatever else you want to caĺl it, in our case it the "Cute Friendly Giant".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Green 2011Grand Cherokee 3.0 CDR Limited WR2
Red over Silver 2001 LWB Terrano 2.7TDi SE+

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in