Enjoying my GC - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 52 Old 05-21-2019, 07:41 PM
DerekWildstar

My wife's '14 GC Limited has been terrific. She bought it with 11,000 miles on it, and it's closing in on 36,000 now. I've been a Honda guy through-and-through (my parents joke that they didn't birth me, but instead picked me up from a Honda factory), but I've really enjoyed the Jeep. It's large enough to carry plenty of cargo, but it doesn't feel like a big vehicle when you drive it (and its turning radius is ridiculously great). The AWD system is fantastic, although the awful Goodyear Forteras let it down a bit. I have a set of Nokian WR G4 SUV tires on order - I'm looking forward to reporting back on its performance in the snow with those tires on it. Gas mileage isn't as awful as I thought it would be, although for longer trips, we usually take my Accord instead.

varoadking likes this.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 Old 05-21-2019, 08:18 PM
wildbill23c
1998 ZJ 

Sorry my Jeep is too old for this thread, but sounds like some great reviews. Course most complaints you hear of but people that are loving their vehicle are out driving it and rarely ever post a review with positive experience, people tend to only post everything bad about a vehicle...its great to see all these stories of good experiences with their Jeeps. My Jeep is 21 years old but its my 2nd one and love it just as much as I did the first one.
varoadking and DerekWildstar like this.
post #48 of 52 Old 05-21-2019, 10:28 PM
96GrandJeepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekWildstar View Post
My wife's '14 GC Limited has been terrific. She bought it with 11,000 miles on it, and it's closing in on 36,000 now. I've been a Honda guy through-and-through (my parents joke that they didn't birth me, but instead picked me up from a Honda factory), but I've really enjoyed the Jeep. It's large enough to carry plenty of cargo, but it doesn't feel like a big vehicle when you drive it (and its turning radius is ridiculously great). The AWD system is fantastic, although the awful Goodyear Forteras let it down a bit. I have a set of Nokian WR G4 SUV tires on order - I'm looking forward to reporting back on its performance in the snow with those tires on it. Gas mileage isn't as awful as I thought it would be, although for longer trips, we usually take my Accord instead.
Living in snow country, I have been running Nokian WR G3 SUV tires on my Jeeps year round this year, they performed great in the snow & ice. I've also been impressed with them in the warmer weather. In the past I've run Nokian snow tires (WR G2's, I think) year round on a 96 ZJ, they were very good in snow and ice but they did wear quickly.

Nokian's have been a great tire for me.

2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
2018 Cherokee Latitude Plus
1996 Grand Cherokee Limited ~ Sold 12/2018

post #49 of 52 Old 05-22-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekWildstar View Post
My wife has a 2017 H-RV and our youngest daughter has her hand-me-down 2013 C-RV. They have both been great vehicles, requiring nothing but scheduled maintenance.
DerekWildstar likes this.
post #50 of 52 Old 05-23-2019, 12:18 AM
spidy512

Heya,

We picked our current 2015 diesel last September with 37k mi. We are just over 52k and we really love this truck. We traded in a 2009 Overland Hemi, and the difference in gas mileage has been way better than we expected. We also have owned a 2002 GC Limited and our second car after we got married was a 1996 Laredo. Not to mention my parents are on there 4th GC and we had a 1984 Cherokee Chief when I was a kid. We are a pretty loyal Jeep family....

This is by far the best GC we have owned. We really love everything about it. It is a very capable truck, yet drives exceptionally well on the road. So much so I am more likely going to get a second one for my son and I to share. My current Golf R is a bit much for my son to learn to drive in and it is still in new condition. Time to trade it in...

Great thread btw!

josh
post #51 of 52 Old 05-23-2019, 05:27 PM
DerekWildstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96GrandJeepers View Post
Living in snow country, I have been running Nokian WR G3 SUV tires on my Jeeps year round this year, they performed great in the snow & ice. I've also been impressed with them in the warmer weather. In the past I've run Nokian snow tires (WR G2's, I think) year round on a 96 ZJ, they were very good in snow and ice but they did wear quickly.

Nokian's have been a great tire for me.
I have gone through two sets of WR G3s on my 2012 Accord coupe (I drive a lot) and I swear by these tires, especially when Iíve climbed snow-covered hills with FWD that SUVs were struggling to ascend, or when Iíve had drama-free emergency stops in the snow and ice. Looking forward to seeing how the WR G4 SUV tires compare, and what the our GC can really do once it has proper tires.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 coupe
post #52 of 52 Old 06-05-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

Still enjoying my GC

7,500 miles now since October after an 1,100 mile round trip to Cincinnati at 26+ MPG...it just keeps getting better...
DerekWildstar likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in