Enjoying my GC - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 52 Old 01-29-2019, 12:17 PM
96GrandJeepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicRuf View Post
I have a loaded '17 Summit in walnut brown with the dark sienna brown interior that I love. I was a serial car hopper before I'm thinking I'm going to keep this for a long time.

I may upgrade the Uconnect with the replacement unit from Infotainment to get apple car play but other than that I am super happy.

No issues so far at about 11,000 miles.
Nice color choice! My 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited is also Walnut Brown and has Frost/Beige interior. It is a very nice looking car. I kept my 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited over 20 years and I plan on keeping this one a really long time which is why I added the Lifetime MaxCare Warranty.

At my age, I just can't imagine that I will buy another car.

2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
2018 Cherokee Latitude Plus
1996 Grand Cherokee Limited ~ Sold 12/2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 Old 01-29-2019, 06:09 PM
andyo5
2018 WK 

I brought my 2018 Limited home in August. Mine has the Offroad II package and 9 speaker upgrade system. Interior is beige leather. Only 4000 miles so far but I love it. I added the Smart Stop/Start module and am happy with that as well. My engine runs great. Plenty of power for what I want to do with it. It is smooth and quiet. I am touching wood as I write this. : ^).
post #18 of 52 Old 01-30-2019, 12:36 PM
jmwilson8

2012 WK 

2012 Overland

I'm new to the club! Just bought my first Jeep a few months ago and got a 2012 Overland. I absolutely love it!

post #19 of 52 Old 02-01-2019, 09:27 AM
tampamark
2015 WK 

Me also, love my '15 JGC so far, I bought it 2 years ago used with 17k miles, currently at 37k. Couple of little issues, nothing that couldn't be resolved.

Great SUV/Crossover/Car/Truck/Jeep that I really enjoy driving every day.

2000 TJ Sahara (sold)
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit - 6 cylinder Gas
post #20 of 52 Old 02-01-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashwj View Post
varoadking, what dealership do you use?
Whitten Brothers of Ashland...got my 2012 RAM 1500 there as well...and 3 others prior to that...
lashwj likes this.
post #21 of 52 Old 02-02-2019, 07:57 AM
trailhawk2614

Count me in this group. Bought our '18 Trailhawk last March and have put over 13K on it to date. Also considered the GMC Acadia, Ford Explorer, Chevy Traverse, and Subaru Outback before deciding on the Jeep. My wife and I recently had a baby and the Jeep swallows all of the associated gear that goes along with taking a baby somewhere. Oh and it drives pretty good too! I've always been a car guy as I like something that holds the road well and will get out of its own way when you stab the go pedal. While there is no mistaking the Jeep is an SUV and not a car, it does handle pretty well. And considering ours has the off-road suspension and tires, I'm very impressed with how smooth it still is on the road. I always thought my Charger was a great road trip car but the Jeep is just as good. Only problem we've had was the with Quadra-lift suspension. First dealer(one we bought it from) was no help on fixing it. Recently took to another dealer in town and they fixed it by replacing the air compressor. So far everything has been working great since. I've been around car forums since the AOL dial-up days and yes they are often littered with way more complaints than praise. I've also had a couple of lemon cars in the past so I can totally relate to the pure frustration one gets from paying big $$$ for something that sits in the shop. I'm hoping the Jeep continues to delight us for many years, but so far I'd rate it a 9 out of 10 stars!
post #22 of 52 Old 02-06-2019, 12:53 AM
cdthiel

2014 WK 

Loving my 2014 Overland with 5.7 L MDS engine. Lots of bells and whistles to entertain myself with, and a great stereo. It rides great, and gets better gas mileage than my 2000 GC 5.7 L. Super nice to drive.
post #23 of 52 Old 02-06-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

Replaced the low beam bulbs with some Sylvania Silver Star halogens, and while still not great, it is better than the OE. I didn't want to mess with LED's on this vehicle just yet.

Did a round trip to/from DC yesterday and still can't get over how much I like this vehicle. I'm really looking forward to our road trip to Canada in a few weeks...
post #24 of 52 Old 02-16-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

Still enjoying my GC...
post #25 of 52 Old 02-28-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

Thumbs up Still enjoying my GC

1,250+ miles round-trip to Toronto...23+ MPG...not a single hiccup. What's not to like?
post #26 of 52 Old 02-28-2019, 11:49 AM
howardusa
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I thought my Commander was great (and it was) but the Grand Cherokee is even better. I have an early build 2014 and have had several recalls but that's not a big deal with me. Years ago there was no such thing as a recall and if they knew of problems they just let them go and we had to find out for ourselves after a failure and pay for it ourselves. I did have the water pump replaced at 49,000. Other than that no problems. She rides and handles like a dream. I only buy V-8's and glad I did. Love the power and acceleration. Can't wait for the 2020. I'm an old fart and it will be my final exit vehicle.
HT
tomit likes this.
post #27 of 52 Old 03-26-2019, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
varoadking
2018 WK 

4,600 miles and approaching 6 months of ownership...I really enjoy driving this vehicle...
post #28 of 52 Old 03-30-2019, 11:19 AM
2606davis

Iím glad you started this thread. I have a 15 GC Diesel. Bought new in 2016 and now has 76xxx miles and no problems. I see issues posted about the diesel, but mine has been flawless. Right now it has a Rocky Road 2 1/2 inch lift and 275/70/18 33Ē tires. Wish 35s would fit without screwing up the geometry. Jeep planned in 2 1/2Ē for the quadralift, (which mine does not have) so I figured that was the max safe amount. Shield productions is sending the aluminum skid plate combo, should be here in two days. Next up will be rock rails and then a winch. Since it doesnít look like jeep is going to build a JL diesel, so Iíll keep the WK2 GC for a while.
varoadking likes this.
post #29 of 52 Old 04-05-2019, 09:47 PM
96GrandJeepers

Completed my first road trip this week in my 2018 V6 Limited with Quadra-Trac 2. It was a very comfortable 1700 mile round trip without a problem of any kind. This Jeep is a pure joy to drive. I did the exact same trip about 5 months ago in a 2018 Cherokee V6 with Active Drive 2 and that was also a nice drive, but not as nice as the drive in the Grand.
varoadking likes this.

2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
2018 Cherokee Latitude Plus
1996 Grand Cherokee Limited ~ Sold 12/2018
post #30 of 52 Old 04-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Matt_H

I'll add to this since as noted most people post when trying to get issues addressed, and as such it makes it look like the vehicle has nothing but issues. I leased the 2016 75th anniversary edition end of September 2016 (v6). I've got about 37,000+ miles on it and I LOVE IT. I've basically decided to buy it out at the end of the lease as it is the first vehicle in a long time that I'm not looking at other vehicles and wishing I had a feature or whatever. Quiet vehicle, comfortable, useful (kids, bad weather, long drives for work, weekend projects, and is nice enough for a night out). I've had one issue that I might not even call that - the heated wheel started to intermittently not work (press the button and would turn off after a few second). Took it in and it looks like maybe one of the kids may have shoved something under the drivers seat (like a book bag) and made a wire loose. Fixed under warranty. Other than that, literally zero issues. Only thing I was "desiring" that mine didn't have due to the year was CarPlay, and I did the radio swap which was ridiculously simple.

I love this vehicle and would recommend to anyone.
Ripp3d_ likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in