Does warranty cover this? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-27-2020, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
kkate7617

Does warranty cover this?

Long story short, we just purchased “brand new” grand cherokee limitedX 2020. It had 800 miles on it. Apparently owners were driving it on separate occasions. Anyways I noticed few scratches on interior, but the one that bothers me the most is rubber around volume know. As if someone went around it with a knife and was wondering if I could go up to the dealer and have them replace it. Might not sound like a big deal, but this car was supposed to be brand new, and for the price that we paid, I expect it to be perfect in every way

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-27-2020, 11:15 PM
ceb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkate7617 View Post
Long story short, we just purchased ďbrand newĒ grand cherokee limitedX 2020. It had 800 miles on it. Apparently owners were driving it on separate occasions. Anyways I noticed few scratches on interior, but the one that bothers me the most is rubber around volume know. As if someone went around it with a knife and was wondering if I could go up to the dealer and have them replace it. Might not sound like a big deal, but this car was supposed to be brand new, and for the price that we paid, I expect it to be perfect in every way
Depends. Cosmetic issues aren't usually covered once you take the car unless you can prove that the damage was there before you took the car.

That said, most dealers will fix things like this if reported promptly. Take it in as soon as possible. Point out all of the problems and focus on the issues that bother you most.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-28-2020, 11:08 AM
zander21510

2020 WK 

I made this mistake- they shouldn't have sold you a car as new if it had 800 miles. Hope you got a good deal on it...I paid near sticker for a Cherokee years ago and it was the biggest POS...really paid my stupid tax on that one...

That being said, hopefully they'll fix the cosmetic issues for you if they're a good dealership. But in the future, one of the papers you sign is where you list any defects that need correction, and that anything else the dealer is not responsible for.

Current:
'20 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk WK2
Former:
'95 Grand Cherokee Laredo ZJ

post #4 of 6 Old 05-28-2020, 06:35 PM
19GCTrailhawk

2019 WK 

If your warranty won't replace them you can buy radio knob trim covers. I'd almost consider these just for the upgrade but have a couple of other mods still waiting to be finished.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Volume...edirect=mobile

2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7
2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7
Grand Cherokee Owner since 1994
post #5 of 6 Old 05-29-2020, 03:47 AM
2008OverlandCRD
2017 WK 

Itís a new car until it has been tilted. Whether itís 1 mile, 800 miles or 5,000 miles on it. If it hasnít been titled itís still a new car. Dealer ďdemosĒ or vehicles driven by managers usually fall into this category.

2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, platinum pkg, ivory 3-coat, skid plates.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-29-2020, 08:50 AM
KCZ

Garage
I feel your pain. Hopefully the dealer will take care of this.

I have a nearly new '20 GC Limited that has <2K miles on it. After being told 50 times not to do this, a family member tried to open the garage door while the tailgate was up, and the door left a gouge in tailgate down into the metal. It's only about 1 1/2 inches long and probably won't be noticeable with some touch-up paint, but it's killing me to look at it.

Why can't new cars always stay new?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in