Cargo divider - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 07-29-2020, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
KCZ

Garage
Cargo divider

Has anyone seen a divider for the cargo area that goes from front to back, dividing the space into left and right compartments? The only ones I can find run from side to side, creating a forward compartment that's very hard to access. Thx.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-29-2020, 09:58 AM
0hcanada

1986 CJ7 

wasn't aware they had one. be curious/interested if one exists.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
post #3 of 17 Old 07-29-2020, 11:18 AM
jacko15
2014 WK 

Probably not what you're looking for, but I have two of these, and couldn't live without them. https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Jeep-...6042970&sr=8-3

Mine: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V/6
ORA II
Hers: 2017 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4

post #4 of 17 Old 07-29-2020, 11:21 AM
WK2Overland4X4
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
Probably not what you're looking for, but I have two of these, and couldn't live without them. https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Jeep-...6042970&sr=8-3
I also have one of those (with old Dodge ram's head logo) I got for my 2006 Charger.
As for left/right dividers, I have seen things you lay like a mat that blocks attach to that might work.
I just did a quick search on "SUV Cargo Dividers" and saw this
https://mydoglikes.com/travall-suv-cargo-divider-review
post #5 of 17 Old 07-29-2020, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
KCZ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
I have one of those in my Xterra and it works great for my needs there, but I'm just looking to divide my GC's cargo area into 2 big compartments, not a bunch of smaller ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK2Overland4X4 View Post
I also have one of those (with old Dodge ram's head logo) I got for my 2006 Charger.
As for left/right dividers, I have seen things you lay like a mat that blocks attach to that might work.
I just did a quick search on "SUV Cargo Dividers" and saw this
https://mydoglikes.com/travall-suv-cargo-divider-review

The Travall looks like it wastes a lot of space, it's $$, and it's not easily removable and reinstallable.

Any more info on the "block attachment" mat?
post #6 of 17 Old 07-29-2020, 07:43 PM
jwhop3

I second that. We had this same bag in the back of our Liberty, and when it was retired the bag moved to the GC. I might get another. I'm really interested in getting the top shelf.
post #7 of 17 Old 07-30-2020, 06:08 AM
WK2Overland4X4
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post

Any more info on the "block attachment" mat?
I'll look, I remember seeing in it local auto parts stores, it was a mat that had (wild guess) 8" grid on it, and you put blocks on the grid anywhere you want to "lock in" items.
post #8 of 17 Old 07-30-2020, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
KCZ

Garage
Quote:
I'll look, I remember seeing in it local auto parts stores, it was a mat that had (wild guess) 8" grid on it, and you put blocks on the grid anywhere you want to "lock in" items.

Maybe this?
https://www.weathertech.com/cargotech/

I've been googling myself silly off and on for weeks trying to find a front-to-back divider without success. I can't believe I'm the only person ever to want such a thing. Good opportunity for a manufacturer like Weathertech to develop something that would work with their mats.
post #9 of 17 Old 07-31-2020, 06:42 AM
9496ZJs
2016 WK 

I use moving blankets. More flexibility for different situations.

I purchased 2 padded moving blankets on sale/coupon at HarbFreight. When not on duty, they are just folded and laying flat on the cargo area. But they can be used like storage dividers.

You can roll them into “logs” that keep stuff apart. Roll the long way and fold to make an L-shape or U-shape to snuggle a 20lb propane tank or gasoline tank.

You can lay them out flat with the seats down and carry 20 dirty bags of topsoil without getting the Cargo area carpet dirty.

You can cover your groceries to keep them cold for your drive home from the store. Tuck the edges of the blanket under the group of bags and it holds them in place; no tipping over.

You can put one onto the ground to get under your daughter’s vehicle to inspect the noisy parking brake on the side of the dirty road.

I had Velcro-footed divider blocks in another vehicle that would sort of stick to the cargo mat. Semi useful but usually just got in the way and ended up on the garage floor “in storage”. 😃
post #10 of 17 Old 07-31-2020, 07:15 AM
WK2Overland4X4
2012 WK 

Quote:
Maybe this?
https://www.weathertech.com/cargotech/

I've been googling myself silly off and on for weeks trying to find a front-to-back divider without success. I can't believe I'm the only person ever to want such a thing. Good opportunity for a manufacturer like Weathertech to develop something that would work with their mats.
Maybe I thought it had a mat that they latched on, but it might have been that they show it with their cargo mats as advertising. I have had 2 Cadillac SRXs, and now a Cadillac XT5, they have cool cargo options, a rod/fence that swings around in a perimeter path. It is so cool, I have only used it 1 time!
SRX was more versatile

They also had little tie down hooks that you can put in the track instead of the fence.
post #11 of 17 Old 07-31-2020, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
KCZ

Garage
Quote:
Maybe I thought it had a mat that they latched on, but it might have been that they show it with their cargo mats as advertising. I have had 2 Cadillac SRXs, and now a Cadillac XT5, they have cool cargo options, a rod/fence that swings around in a perimeter path. It is so cool, I have only used it 1 time!
SRX was more versatile

They also had little tie down hooks that you can put in the track instead of the fence.

Now that is awesome. Too bad the track isn't a complete oval then you could have a front-to-back divider. My Xterra also has tracks with sliding hooks, although I don't think they make anything like your photo.

I don't think adding moving blankets to the jumble of stuff that's back there now is going to help my situation.
post #12 of 17 Old 07-31-2020, 01:54 PM
WK2Overland4X4
2012 WK 

Quote:
Now that is awesome. Too bad the track isn't a complete oval then you could have a front-to-back divider...
Yeah it is pretty slick. The current XT5 is like this

That is what you call "Progress"
And the XT4 and XT6 don't have it at all.
FWIW, other then all of the obvious differences in powertrain, and drive systems a XT5 is very comparable to a WK2 in size and seating. We got the XT5 for my wife instead of a WK2 for her because what I would want a Jeep for I would never want a super nice pretty one, and the XT5 is "super nice pretty". So now that we have the XT5 and a 2012 100K Overland, we are both happy, the Jeep is "seasoned" enough I don't worry about parking it, leaving it out on the street, but still have that real suspension, "RWD (Real Wheel Drive!) based 4WD/AWD" and a V8. I am looking for some cargo options for the JGC now as well, since it is going to be the hauler more and more, and maybe the XT5 will be traded in on a car next.
I had a 2002 Town and Country Limited for 12 years, best vehicle I ever had, it had a cool cargo solution. It was removeable, would lay flat, and open up with compartments, and could also lift up for room under it.

post #13 of 17 Old 08-01-2020, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
KCZ

Garage
I've had other vehicles with all sorts of bins and nooks and crannies for storage. I have to say that this is one area where the GC is lacking.
post #14 of 17 Old 08-01-2020, 02:34 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

On the other hand, thats a lot of wasted space, lots of configuration, lots of pieces to lose or gather dust, lots of clutter that is always the wrong size, for little benefit. I like simple open cargo areas with small places around the driver, which chrysler does a good job with. I don't want a thousand $$$ worth of useless junk cluttering up the cargo area that I would never use. A car like a XTS perhaps, but not a light truck like a WK2.

I was born with nuttin' and I still have most of it
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #15 of 17 Old 08-01-2020, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
KCZ

Garage
LOL. I've got a giant pile of stuff cluttering up the back and nowhere to stow it. I can sort it out, and after a few miles of bumpy dirt roads, it's all rearranged itself. Maybe there are gremlins back there too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in