3Likes
  • 1 Post By AlwaysFixinWK2

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 08-19-2021, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
AlwaysFixinWK2

Blower Motor Works intermitently

Blower Motor is not getting power when AC is on. Have the 8.4" Uconnect, and screen responds to AC controls, but nothing kicks on.
Can hear blend doors opening and closing as I adjust settings, however no air coming out, no heat or AC. Replaced blower control module but still doesn't turn on blower. Checked all fuses and relays and they are good. I ran power line to blower direct from battery and blower works when there is power. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-21-2021, 11:56 AM
000000patrick

Have you checked to see if there are any HVAC codes? The WK2s donít have the self-diagnose feature that the WKs have, so youíll need a scanner. Sometimes when thereís a fault, the blower will cycle on/off every few minutes, but it seems you have a different issue. Would be nice if Jeep didnít shove everything under dashboard :/
post #3 of 11 Old 08-21-2021, 01:22 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Double check the blower motor fuse?

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

post #4 of 11 Old 08-22-2021, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
AlwaysFixinWK2

I ran a scanner but it didn't pick up any codes.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-22-2021, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
AlwaysFixinWK2

Blower motor fuse is good. Underneath the TIPM, wiring harness looks burn't. But power still passes through. Wondering if there is some sort of sensor cutting out power to the blower.
Attached Thumbnails
20210821_073105_1629653132839.jpg  
BigTizzie likes this.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-22-2021, 03:57 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Did you mention the model year?

post #7 of 11 Old 08-23-2021, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
AlwaysFixinWK2

Forgot to mention it is a 2015 Grand Cherokee Laredo Altitude Package 4x4 with 3.6L if it makes a difference.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-23-2021, 02:00 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

If I remember correctly, there is a power module for the blower attached to the ductwork that the blower plugs into. This may be the control module you mention. Years ago resistors, now days more complicated. That module feeds power to the blower based on a PWM signal received from the HVAC control and feedback from the blower. In early models, the AC-Heater module fed the PWM signals to the power module to control the blower speed (it has an infinite number of speeds), dunno if that was incorporated into the BCM by 2015. There are no sensors directly connected to the blower. There are plenty of opportunity for intermittent connection or intermittent failures.

Its possible the blower will spin with directly connected power, but the control signal may be stopping it when installed, dunno.

Otherwise check (some you already have done):
•Open fuse
•Inoperative blower motor power module
•Inoperative blower motor switch
•Inoperative mode control switch
•Inoperative blower motor
•Inoperative blower motor circuit wiring or wire harness connectors

post #9 of 11 Old 08-24-2021, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
AlwaysFixinWK2

I replaced the green wiring harness connector that is under the TIPM, the blue wire that comes from the fuse had a melted connector inside the clip. I Swapped out the clip, and cut off a bit of the blue wire and made new connection and now AC is working again. Still concerned with what caused it to get so hot to begin with, but at least AC is back on. I will update if I find any more probs. Thanks again for all of the ideas!!
jtpeters likes this.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-28-2021, 01:37 PM
Iggypiggy323

So I have the same problem you had. Did you replace the whole green clip connector or just the blue wire connector in the green clip. And how did you remove the connector from the green clip. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20210928_192718682_1632857645977.jpg  
post #11 of 11 Old 09-29-2021, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
AlwaysFixinWK2

about 20 hours ago ∑ #10
So I have the same problem you had. Did you replace the whole green clip connector or just the blue wire connector in the green clip. And how did you remove the connector from the green clip. Thanks

I replaced the whole green clip connector, and replaced connector for the blue wire.

To remove wires from green clip, you have to remove green clip from the TIPM, once you do, the top of the clip (side without wires) has a white piece that needs to come out, I used a very small flat head screwdriver to gently pry it out, once the white part is out each wire has a plastic tab that holds the wire in, gently pry the tab away from the wire and the wire connector will come out. If you replace the entire green clip I would recommend replacing one wire at a time otherwise it is easy to lose track of which wire goes where. When replacing the new green clip it looks like you can start on either side however, it only goes into the TIPM one way( I had to do it twice because once I had all the wires in it wouldn't go into the TIPM the right way).

Here is a video that shows the general TIPM wire swap

Watch "How To Swap / Change TIPM Plug Wires & Pins (Mak's Tipm Repair)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/qWgdluiQsaU
IDoMy0wnRacing likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in