Best outdoor car cover for the WK2? - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By madmaxwell87

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-16-2019, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
96OrvisEd

Best outdoor car cover for the WK2?

I have bought many car covers but I’ve never bought one for our Jeeps. Our new 2019 JGC Altitude will be outside so I need a cover. Is the gray one from Jeep any good? It’s inexpensive at well under $300.

Any recommendations appreciated. This has to be a custom fit cover.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-16-2019, 06:04 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Of all the brands you've owned, I would think the one you liked best is probably going to work best for the Jeep.

Some people think I'm stupid and I totally disagree. But my biggest fear is that me thinking I'm smart proves them right.....
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 8 Old 08-17-2019, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
96OrvisEd

Well, that’s true but I’m asking about covers for Jeeps which are larger than most cars, and technology is always changing, so I was asking for experiences with current brand covers. The JEEP brand cover looks like a good option for the money but I have no experience with it. So, if anyone has experience with particular covers please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Of all the brands you've owned, I would think the one you liked best is probably going to work best for the Jeep.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-17-2019, 06:51 AM
0f02r

If outside protection is your goal...I would go cheap and disposable. Expensive ones are great for inside
where they never get wet or dirty but outside an inexpensive polypropylene one that you can get from Walmart would be practical in my opinion. You may not get the custom fit that the 300-500 dollar ones offer but as long as its anchored properly the ease of removal and storage (garbage bag) along with knowing your expensive car cover isnít getting dirty surely has got to be pluses.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-17-2019, 12:45 PM
airportdave

2018 WK 

I used a Covercraft Noah for three outside years in Kansas on my old WK- it's a really great outdoor cover that held up well in some pretty nasty conditions.

2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi Lux Group, Active Safety, BSM, Mopar Rock Rails, Chief Skids, LT275/65/18 BFG KO2's, ARB On-Board Air

2018 JL Rubicon 2.0, LED, HD Electric, Trailer Tow, 8.4 Nav, Steel Bumpers, 35" BFG KO2's, Mopar 2" lift, ARB On-Board Air, Warn Zeon 10S Winch
post #6 of 8 Old 08-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Jaqdripper
2017 WK 

Covercraft makes the best covers in the business. They're pretty much exclusively used for things like multi-million dollar Pebble Beach concours cars, so you know they're tops. Not outrageously expensive either, but probably a tad more than $300.

2017 Grand Cherokee Overland Granite Crystal, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Sound Group, Safety Group
post #7 of 8 Old 08-21-2019, 11:22 AM
madmaxwell87
2012 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airportdave View Post
I used a Covercraft Noah for three outside years in Kansas on my old WK- it's a really great outdoor cover that held up well in some pretty nasty conditions.
Just bought this cover a few months ago for sun and pollen/dirt/tree droppings protection. Has done a great job so far.
Jaqdripper likes this.

Red 12 WK2 Overland 5.7L. 18x9 Procomp Rockwell and 265/65/18 BFG AT
post #8 of 8 Old 08-22-2019, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
96OrvisEd

I ordered the Evolution Cover from Covercraft, as I’ve had several of these over the years on other cars. It’s comparable to the Noah although heavier with a bit more protection from dings (or hail heaven forbid!). It’s bulkier, but that’s due to the extra layers in this cover, so here’s hoping I like it when it arrives.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in