Bajarack roof rack? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-30-2021, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
jjmagoo
2014 WK 

Bajarack roof rack?

Morning WK2 folks - haven't seen much about this here and was wondering if anyone has personal experience with it, good or bad. Seems like a decent alternative to the full Gobi rack and better than the knock off crossbars and craigslist special basket I've been running for 3 years.

Any thoughts from someone who has it would be greatly appreciated - or if there are none I may go this route and will report back.

Link for reference: https://bajarack.com/collections/gra...39627978244246.

Cheers - JJMagoo

2014 GC Limited (Duchess)
1997 TJ Sahara (Bailey) - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-30-2021, 08:55 AM
Bilko

I do not have one but it looks like a nicely finished product. You need to check the specs, it's rated for 200lbs. This is only 50lbs more than the OEM options and considering the price, this does not look like a great deal. If you don't need to increase your carrying capacity but want a nicer-looking and more versatile solution it could still be a good option.

Have you looked at these? They sell in a similar price range but have a much higher load rating. These are popular in my area with WK2 owners that run rooftop tents.

https://usa.chiefproducts.com.au/products/wk2-roof-rack
post #3 of 4 Old 08-30-2021, 02:13 PM
metalhead
2011 WK 

I have been looking at roof racks also. I am probably going with the chief products rack. I have 2 of their skid plates and they make quality stuff. Their rack has the best load rating and looks good too. I will be using it for a roof top tent.

1994 YJ (Gone)
2000 Grand Cherokee WJ (Gone)
2011 Grand Cherokee WK2
2012 Wrangler Unlimited JK

post #4 of 4 Old 08-30-2021, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
jjmagoo
2014 WK 

Have heard great things about Chief as well and it looks super slick, all of their stuff is made very well. I'll be using it more for luggage and recovery tools/box and will not have a rooftop tent so am looking for something a little sleeker that still has the lip/basket feel that still replaces the factory roof rails.

2014 GC Limited (Duchess)
1997 TJ Sahara (Bailey) - SOLD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in