Is this anyone's 2017 SRT for sale in RI? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 10-22-2021, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
ReaperMT

Is this anyone's 2017 SRT for sale in RI?

Is this anyone's 2017 SRT? Was traded in at Inskip BMW in Rhode Island about a month or so ago. Looks to be from New Hampshire. Granite Crystal Metallic with Niche wheels, Borla exhaust, Demon Performance 2-piece rotors.

[Apparently I can't post a link since my post count is "too low". If you go to BMW of Warwick site and search "Jeep" in Pre-Owned it will come up.]

I normally would not consider purchasing a car that has been previously modified since I do all my own work and have a hard time trusting that someone else did good work. But it looks like it was cleanly done.

Just looking to get some information on it before I make a decision.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-22-2021, 12:24 PM
Aero_Dave

Just looked it up. Nice looking SRT for sure. Good luck if you get it!

Dave...

2019 JGC Overland High Altitude
post #3 of 10 Old 10-22-2021, 12:39 PM
19GCTrailhawk

2019 WK 

It looks to be in perfect condition. Price seems a little high for the miles but I'm not up on current prices especially on the SRT. I know the dealers have to start high and then work down from there otherwise they'd be losing money.
The dash looks fine but make sure there's no issues with it because they are a nightmare trying to get them replaced. If there's any kind of a bubble then that's just the start of the problem that will turn into looking like crap, and Chrysler is not replacing them free unless it's within the 3/36.
Good luck if you get it.

2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7
Grand Cherokee Owner since 1994

post #4 of 10 Old 10-22-2021, 01:04 PM
Bilko
2012 WK 

These mods are not going to affect the longevity of the vehicle and are reasonably cheap to reverse if that's the way you want to go. The mods you need to be wary of are lift or lowering kits. Sometimes these are done really well but other times they are done using the cheapest parts.

It looks like a good SRT and should be a great car to drive. With the Borla exhaust, you may need to extend your budget to include some earplugs They sound great when you are blasting around town but on long road trips, not so good.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-23-2021, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
ReaperMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19GCTrailhawk View Post
It looks to be in perfect condition. Price seems a little high for the miles but I'm not up on current prices especially on the SRT. I know the dealers have to start high and then work down from there otherwise they'd be losing money.
The dash looks fine but make sure there's no issues with it because they are a nightmare trying to get them replaced. If there's any kind of a bubble then that's just the start of the problem that will turn into looking like crap, and Chrysler is not replacing them free unless it's within the 3/36.
Good luck if you get it.
Thanks for the info. Can you elaborate a bit on the dash issue? Is this just for SRTs? I have a 2015 and 2019 GC and neither of them have any issues with the dash.

It is actually a fair price from the research I've done, especially with the parts that are already on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko View Post
These mods are not going to affect the longevity of the vehicle and are reasonably cheap to reverse if that's the way you want to go. The mods you need to be wary of are lift or lowering kits. Sometimes these are done really well but other times they are done using the cheapest parts.

It looks like a good SRT and should be a great car to drive. With the Borla exhaust, you may need to extend your budget to include some earplugs[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/JeepForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG] They sound great when you are blasting around town but on long road trips, not so good.
I know, there's a possibility I will replace it with a stock exhaust for now since I have two little kids. We'll see how they react to it.

This SRT is definitely lowered but I can't tell how from looking in the wheel wells, I haven't had them put it on a lift yet. I haven't done any research on the "kits". What should I be looking for?

I doubt this guy did anything cheaply, he also put on Demon Performance 2 piece rotors all around. Which is nice but also concerns me; normally I wouldn't spend $3k on rotors unless I'm tracking the car. So not sure how I feel about that.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-23-2021, 11:59 AM
scott_0

2002 WJ 

nice looking SRT for sure! as you said, in this market, the price isn't out of line. good luck if you decide to buy it

2018 GC Limited
post #7 of 10 Old 10-23-2021, 01:01 PM
Bilko
2012 WK 

Does this vehicle have air suspension if so they will lower when parked, in certain modes, and when you hit higher speeds on the highway.

If it has conventional springs they have to be replaced with shorter springs or cheapskates will take their angle grinder to the regular springs, this is not good because it heat created affects the temper of the springs. This seems unlikely on this vehicle when the previous owner has invested so much money in brakes and exhausts.

If it's shorter springs you want to check the shocks. with shorter springs you really need aftermarket shocks that are optimized for the shorter suspension travel. As far as I know, all SRTs have upgraded rear anti-roll bar that really reduces body roll without sacrificing much in the way of comfort.

If you buy and are considering swapping the exhausts, reach out to this forum, you may be able to find somebody willing to do a straight swap. What happened to the exhausts the previous ower removed?

If everything checkout this could be a really good deal, it has $5,000 of mods and the price is about about the same as any other SRT of a similar vintage. Note to self, don't spend thousands of dollars on mods and expect to get your money back when you sell the vehicle!

I don't know your mechanical abilities but with any modded car I would always recommend you get an independent assessment from a good mechanic, unfortunately, these can be hard to find.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-23-2021, 03:33 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

SRTs do not have air suspension. Some model years had one form of active suspension or another, which basically adjusts the shock dampening characteristics (rebound and jounce).

Eibach and others offer lowering kits, which are basically spring kits. You may want to get a build sheet and see if it has optional brakes and other tweaks. I think two piece rotors was in one of the 2017 option packages.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #9 of 10 Old 10-23-2021, 05:42 PM
Bilko
2012 WK 

I thought SRTs came with the red. 4 piston Brembo Brakes or is that an option? or model year specific?
post #10 of 10 Old 10-23-2021, 09:40 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The 2017 model year High-Performance Brake package includes red Brembos with six-piston calipers bite 15-inch (381 millimeters) rotors in the front, with four-pistons grabbing 13.8-inch (351 mm) rotors out back. When used properly they’ll bring the SRT to a complete stop from highway speeds in 116 feet.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in