Accessing Battery 14 WK - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-11-2019, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
JackB1
2014 WK 

Accessing Battery 14 WK

Ok, I know from watching You Tube video that my '14 WK battery is accessed by moving the passenger seat forward and lifting the panel to see battery. So here is my question. After moving the seat forward I can see the panel but the rear part appears to fit very snug and is impossible to get a hand in anywhere. I hesitate to stick a screwdriver and pry at this point. When looking at the front I see a small opening on each side which would appear to be a place to pull up the panel however I tried a bit of force and stopped because I did not want to force it at this point. So where is the proper place to lift out this panel, front or back? Is it snapped in?
Second question is that I saw in the video it was a little challenging to reach the battery post in the front from the back as shown. Perhaps it will be more obvious when the panel is removed but why not just move the seat back again to unbolt that front terminal? As usual thanks for the advice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Bilko

If its the same as a 2012 you have to pull the back up first, if you pull from the front you make break the cover. If its cold try running your heater directed at the floor for a while before you try to remove it.

Always make sure you disconnect the negative/ground terminal first, that way if you catch the bodywork with your wrench you won't go bang.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-11-2019, 01:16 PM
GPSBob
2015 WK 

I just replaced the battery in my 2015 Limited. Like you, I found that the battery cover was difficult to remove. I used my plastic trim panel tools and pried up the rear edge of the cover - the retainers are pretty stubborn. Once I got the back loose, the front still required some prying. Be careful if you're using a metal screwdriver at this point, because the front terminal is the positive.

With the battery cover off, I didn't have any trouble getting the forward (positive) terminal loose. The terminal nut faces upward, so is easy to remove with a ratchet. I did the whole process with the seat full forward and full "up" (mine has the power seats).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in