2018 Grand Cherokee and UConnect Problems - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 60 Old 02-16-2019, 08:07 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

You have something wrong with the radio, navigation never expires, it is not subscription based. The Map database can be updated from time to time, but yours probably is up to date. There is a subscription for the traffic info service I believe on newer models. It was part of the SXM service on early models.

You could try reseting the radio by disconnecting the battery for at least 5 minutes, or just have the dealer fix it under warranty.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 60 Old 09-17-2019, 02:18 PM
orphan64

I am having the same problems with uconnect radio stations changing nav sys popping up clockset request etc
post #48 of 60 Old 02-23-2021, 09:01 AM
John5150

2018 Jeep GC Radio Issue

I know you posted this in 2018, but my radio is my 2018 Jeep GC just started doing exactly what yours was. Did you ever get a solution. ????

post #49 of 60 Old 02-24-2021, 09:48 AM
Nguynu2401

I made numerous trip to the dealership and countless call to the Uconnect folks. The dealership was a joke but the unconnect customer service was great!! Long story very short I had to bring in my jeep for the day, they did and update on the software for the unconnect. The dealership said it would take all day, which is did. Dropped it off at 8am and picked it up at 4:30ish.

The trouble has since cleared and it has been over 2 years since the trouble. I haven’t had one issue with my radio changing stations, resetting or going “dark”. I love my JeepGC!! However I will never return to that dealer.

Hope this helps you guys. Please let me know who you make out. I can see if I can find the contact information for Uconnect and maybe an old ticket number that you can reference. I’m not the best at keeping paperwork but I’ll look if it helps.
post #50 of 60 Old 05-08-2021, 11:52 PM
Jhereg

I've had my 2017 75th edition for less than a month. It's the wifes ride, and she'd started mentioning the slow bootups,
sometimes not booting up at all. She'd have to shut the car off and restart. Sometimes the backup cam would not come up.

Tried an update, following directions to the letter. 16g usb, downloaded after entering vin, etc. Got stuck in the death loop,
stopping at unit 11/14 Embedded Air Card. Tech support was unable to help get past it, have an appointment this Friday at the
dealership.
post #51 of 60 Old 05-09-2021, 08:45 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Sounds like a bad card. They will likely want to replace the radio, just so you are prepared. Dealers don't seem to like like doing software updates as they don't want to deal with the hassle of being blamed for breaking the radio.

post #52 of 60 Old 05-12-2021, 02:47 PM
oldmac1
2018 WK 

Just found today the reason my first 4 station settings change on occasion. Tested it 3 times and failed the same way each. What was happening when stopped or starting leaning my knee against the seat position switch caused the failure each time. So my mystery is solved and works fine as long as I keep my knee off the door switch. Its a Jeep thing.

Oldmac1
18 High Altitude
12 Liberty
15 Rubicon Unlimited
post #53 of 60 Old 05-13-2021, 04:19 AM
WK2Overland4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmac1 View Post
Just found today the reason my first 4 station settings change on occasion. Tested it 3 times and failed the same way each. What was happening when stopped or starting leaning my knee against the seat position switch caused the failure each time. So my mystery is solved and works fine as long as I keep my knee off the door switch. Its a Jeep thing.
LOL, Yeah, I've done that many times. I have an old left ankle injury, and a current left knee issue and keep that leg in odd positions at times. At least it won't move the seat unless in Park.

2021 Summit L 4X4 Bright White/Steel Gray, 3.6 , ProTech IV, Lux Tech V.
post #54 of 60 Old 05-13-2021, 09:45 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Hi there,

We heard you were visiting one of our dealers this upcoming Friday. Please feel free to keep us updated on the status of your repair and reach out privately if you have any concerns!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
post #55 of 60 Old 05-14-2021, 12:48 PM
PontiacEd

2018 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Hi there,

We heard you were visiting one of our dealers this upcoming Friday. Please feel free to keep us updated on the status of your repair and reach out privately if you have any concerns!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Courtney, I dropped you a PM. Just had another component failure. I'd appreciate hearing back. Ed

Pontiac Ed
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L
+ old cars
post #56 of 60 Old 05-14-2021, 04:05 PM
chrisbob1

Bought my 2018 Grand Cherokee used in 2019. It was a fleet car and for quite a while everything was just fine. But lately I’ve had problems similar to others: the Sirius/XM radio randomly switches channels or switches to FM and a message pops up asking if I want to adjust the clock. Looking at this thread, this is not a new problem. But I cannot tell if there’s a solution. Anybody get good help from the folks at Jeep? Nothing I try has helped.
post #57 of 60 Old 05-14-2021, 04:23 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

As far as I can tell, replacing or repairing the radio is the only fix, unless you are accidentally hitting switches. Depending when the 2018 was put in service, you may have some warranty left.

https://www.infotainment.com/pages/i...epair-services

post #58 of 60 Old 05-14-2021, 07:37 PM
Roadijeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbob1 View Post
Bought my 2018 Grand Cherokee used in 2019. It was a fleet car and for quite a while everything was just fine. But lately Iíve had problems similar to others: the Sirius/XM radio randomly switches channels or switches to FM and a message pops up asking if I want to adjust the clock. Looking at this thread, this is not a new problem. But I cannot tell if thereís a solution. Anybody get good help from the folks at Jeep? Nothing I try has helped.
The screen isn't starting to delaminate, is it? A bubble on the screen, which shows early signs of it coming apart, has been known to cause problems. The radio "thinks" you are pressing a button when this happens.
post #59 of 60 Old 07-28-2021, 12:53 PM
tenball

I have a 2018 jeep Grand Cherokee that the screen delaminated and kept old backup camera shots while driving forward for miles.My dealer replace the camera first time ,Then the whole screen the next time along with a supposed update .I now have problems with a blue screen form time to time while putting in reverse and then the thing resets.No one at the dealer pointed any of this out even though I had my car serviced with oil changes.This is just bad service.I feel like I have been had.
post #60 of 60 Old 07-28-2021, 01:10 PM
WK2Overland4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenball View Post
I have a 2018 jeep Grand Cherokee that the screen delaminated and kept old backup camera shots while driving forward for miles.My dealer replace the camera first time ,Then the whole screen the next time along with a supposed update .I now have problems with a blue screen form time to time while putting in reverse and then the thing resets.No one at the dealer pointed any of this out even though I had my car serviced with oil changes.This is just bad service.I feel like I have been had.
Document it, take a picture next time it happens, and report it. Even if you are past your 3 year bumper to bumper. The replacement should have a 1 year warranty of its own, right?
Plus who knows, years from now, there may be a extended recall, like the damned dash covers that I NEVER GOT.
I had this happen in my 2018 Challenger over a year ago, then it started locking up more and more this summer, and I couldn't get backup camera to come on at all.
WHen I took it in for inspection I asked them to check if I was still under 3/36 bumper to bumper, and it was literally my last day!
They tried an update, took hours, then bricked it, they got it working again, but ordered a whole new (refurb?) unit. So I should be good to go for a while anyway.
Blue screen was over a year ago, then the other picture is 2 days ago. In reverse with locked up loading Nav. (But David Bowie kept Rocking!)
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Screen.jpg   20210726_162651.jpg  

2021 Summit L 4X4 Bright White/Steel Gray, 3.6 , ProTech IV, Lux Tech V.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in