2013 Overland Purchase - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-20-2020, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
ebud
2017 KL Cherokee 

2013 Overland Purchase

I am looking at replacing my aging Pathfinder Off-Road with a 2013 GC Overland @ 122,300kms. It looks dam nice and all the bells and whistles the Overland comes are cool, but the air suspension worries me as do some comments around the transmission / transfer case. I do on occasion venture out on forestry road that can get a little rough, but nothing extreme so I can see the extra ride height being a good thing.

Should I be worried? Is the 2013 version pretty solid?

I have read the buyers guide and have some note for when I look at, but wondering if it better step back to the limited?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-20-2020, 07:59 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The 2013 isn't more or less solid than any others. There was a slightly improved compressor used at some point, but I don't think those were installed until 2015 time frame. Lots of them around without issue, they are just more expensive to repair. So put ~$2000 (US) away when you buy it to cover a repair possibility.

Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 6 Old 01-20-2020, 09:56 PM
woodsy18

The air suspension is the most expensive part. When it fails its expensive. My 12 overland has had over $8,000 worth of repair Bill's all under 50,000miles. My extend warranty covered it I bought but still it was down and out for a week each time. Just something to keep in mind

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

post #4 of 6 Old 01-21-2020, 11:54 AM
TurnerJason1
2011 WK 

My '11 Overland is still going strong at 176,000 miles with very minimal repairs. I've had to do absolutely nothing to the air suspension (knock on wood).
post #5 of 6 Old 01-21-2020, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
ebud
2017 KL Cherokee 

Thanks for the feedback - still looking for my GC, I think I will looks for a Limited or at least one with 4x4 modes.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-22-2020, 05:03 PM
canyon-skier
2012 WK 

Garage
My '12 Overland has been very problematic with the air suspension. I wouldn't do air suspension again if I could rebuy it. This is my 5th Jeep and by far the most problematic and I just barely hit 90k on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in