2011 door lock actuator Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 12-30-2013, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
DT98

2011 door lock actuator Grand Cherokee

Update on my brothers 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The driver side door lock actuator would not work properly. It would try and work, you could see it wiggle a bit but that is all.

My other brother fixed it today. Originally I bought a factory replacement unit but it was too much of a job to install and a shop wanted $200 just to install.

He bought a five wire generic door lock actuator (but only used two wires). Cost five dollars on the 'bay. The factory door lock actuator has four wires and probably interfaces with the alarm system , etc...so that wire/plug was left plugged in place on the stock unit and the new generic unit was wired in parallel with it. The tan/white and tan/green wires were spliced into the two wires on the generic unit.

The generic unit was put into it's location using two 6X32 screws 2" long. Washers, lock nuts and Loctite was used to keep it from working loose. There is a piece of foam material that was trimmed to allow room for the new generic actuator.

The generic actuator connecting rod was attached to the stock actuator rod. The generic unit has enough power to push/pull the stock rod too.

This was done today and so far so good. This is a 2011 ...hope it helps someone with the same problem. (BTW, I have a new driver side door actuator assembly available cheap. PM me if interested.)

Attached Thumbnails
Door lock 1.JPG   Door lock 2.JPG   Door lock 3.JPG   Foam trimmed.JPG  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in