Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2011 AC cold only on one side/ now both blow hot

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  diverscale 
#1 ·
This afternoon the driver side vents were blowing outside temp air and passenger side was blowing cold. Now this evening both sides are blowing hot air.

#2 ·
One side hot the other cold is an actuator gear, both, either the doors ar glues shut or you have two actuator gears broken. I think there is a blend door thread indexed in the maintenance/repair sticky thread.

#3 ·
I had a similar experience on my 2015 - driver's side was blowing warm to hot air, passenger side was cool (but not cold), accompanied by an almost constant hissing sound from behind the dash. I replaced the blend door actuator and gears on driver's side (gears looked good, but I replaced them anyway). Although this seemed to make it better, on hot days it still wouldn't blow anything but warm on both sides. I took it in, and the diagnosis was low on refrigerant. They found a leak in the condenser, and a possible leak in the evaporator (they said they saw dye in the condensate drain tube). I elected to only replace the condenser for now. System is recharged, cools well, and no hissing. We'll see how bad the evaporator leak is.

Not sure if this is the same as your issue, but thought I'd share in case it helps. Replacing the driver's side blend door actuator/gears is a bear, at least on the 2015.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.