post #556 of 596 Old 08-21-2010, 01:06 PM
teekayooo

1dm4... nice but I prefer the 5dm2. less damage to my pocket! :P

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #557 of 596 Old 10-14-2010, 04:05 AM
MrGabe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hi everyone! Long time listener (reader) first time caller (poster?).

I am a bit of an amateur shutterbug and been reading all the comments and have been working on this as my hobby. This semester I even enrolled in a basics of photography at UMUC so I can learn the fundamentals. I believe I have been doing well but I am not stumped. Maybe someone can help me with this reply that my teacher gave.

Our assignment was to take a bracketed picture of a landscape, simple enough. I though why not make an HDR image as he expressed learning and the creative process. As long as we give a through explanation of what we did.

I went to the Nurburgring and took a picture of a great turn and well he replies with "Zounds!"

I dont know what to do as far as asking my teacher for more explanation or just leave it as is. Any suggestions would really help.
Attached Thumbnails
Steilstrecke Kurve.jpg  

My only failure in life is not buying a Jeep earlier in my life!- Me!

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari
post #558 of 596 Old 10-14-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
AlTheKillerr

its a great picture with the colors and the specific section of the track however what you could do is level the horizon so its not tilted to a side. also keep in mind the rule of thirds. your photo is very centered. Id also consider cropping out the shadowed area at the bottom of the photo. just some ideas.

Its a very pretty area and makes me wish texas had something like that to take pictures of. specifically the changing colors.

not sure what "Zounds" means though.

Photographer
2000 XJ, 5" lift, 35s, Locked

post #559 of 596 Old 10-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Piercentyre

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGabe View Post
I dont know what to do as far as asking my teacher for more explanation or just leave it as is. Any suggestions would really help.
For my taste, the subject (the track) is too "de-emphasized" given how it's composed in the frame. I think you're too far away. I think you could get more punch from your photo if you got up right next to a turn. It will exaggerate the turn and give the track more life. Meanwhile, your wide angle lens will still capture all the other terrific elements you've incorporated into this photo (great fall colors, lush blue sky). It will also give your HDR technique a better chance to do it's job, which is to (by my estimation) preserve details in both the highlight and shadow areas. You're almost too far away from anything of any fine detail to tell you're using HDR.

I think you're close. Good luck!
post #560 of 596 Old 11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Kodiak17

2015 JK Wrangler 

Look up photoscape. You might have to download it but it works pretty well and is moderately simple to use. My only problem is that it doesnt allow a batch process. So I have to convert, one-by-one..

Current build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #561 of 596 Old 11-18-2010, 12:45 PM
3S00W

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGabe View Post
Hi everyone! Long time listener (reader) first time caller (poster?).

I am a bit of an amateur shutterbug and been reading all the comments and have been working on this as my hobby. This semester I even enrolled in a basics of photography at UMUC so I can learn the fundamentals. I believe I have been doing well but I am not stumped. Maybe someone can help me with this reply that my teacher gave.

Our assignment was to take a bracketed picture of a landscape, simple enough. I though why not make an HDR image as he expressed learning and the creative process. As long as we give a through explanation of what we did.

I went to the Nurburgring and took a picture of a great turn and well he replies with "Zounds!"

I spit your pic thru Photomatix and here's what you get on compressed deep...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #562 of 596 Old 11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
3S00W

2009 JK Wrangler 

My Q for today...

Got a canon eos setup. EF lenses...

I use UV filters and I know some ppl complain they do nothing and others like em, I like em. I have a 72mm wide angle that connects to a 52mm lens. If I wanna set it up with a UV filter, do I have to place the filter on the outter most lens(72mm) or can I mount the filter between the wide angle and photo lens(52mm)?

Does placing it on the outter most lens give it the best functional purpose as where in between would affect it's purpose or does it not matter any setup?

post #563 of 596 Old 09-09-2011, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
AlTheKillerr

what do you guys think?

http://austin.craigslist.org/pho/2509516824.html

worth the 500? id love to shoot large format

Photographer
post #564 of 596 Old 09-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Jeffro06
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKillerr View Post
worth the 500? id love to shoot large format
I'm thinking whether it's "worth" it or not is up to you....kind of like spending money on a jeep.

I bet it would be cool playing around with the large format though.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #565 of 596 Old 09-12-2011, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
AlTheKillerr

well as much as id love a 4x5 i gotta take care of my jeep first so im gonna get this: http://austin.craigslist.org/pho/2591813837.html in the next day or two. been wanting one for a while now for some downtown Austin photography

Photographer
post #566 of 596 Old 09-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Jeffro06
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
well as much as id love a 4x5 i gotta take care of my jeep first so im gonna get this: http://austin.craigslist.org/pho/2591813837.html in the next day or two. been wanting one for a while now for some downtown Austin photography
That looks pretty cool. I miss the smell of film.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

post #567 of 596 Old 09-14-2011, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
AlTheKillerr

me too. there are a couple people selling their entire dark room for cheap so ill probably pick that up as well. im just waiting for this tard to email me back with pictures of the rollei.

Photographer
post #568 of 596 Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
AlTheKillerr

Whats a good on field soft box light (cant think of what it would be called) for a decently cheap price? need something while im out and about shooting. maybe its just called a fill light?

would i be better off just getting an external flash for my camera?

Photographer
post #569 of 596 Old 09-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Jeffro06
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Whats a good on field soft box light (cant think of what it would be called) for a decently cheap price? need something while im out and about shooting. maybe its just called a fill light?

would i be better off just getting an external flash for my camera?
I use an external flash on my 7D to give me fill light when shooting in the daylight. It really helps soften the harsh shadows sunlight can give....especially on people.

What is it you're trying to achieve?

post #570 of 596 Old 09-28-2011, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
AlTheKillerr

when out doors doing shoots with models. ill see if i can find some good examples

Photographer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in