Who was/is in the Navy? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 Old 06-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Hock

Does anyone at USNA like USNA when you're there? I think if you do, there might be something wrong w/you. Class of '87, O5, NASA Houston.

I just finished painting a giant Black N on the wall in the bar I built in my house. Matches my sweater perfectly!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 06-02-2006, 06:32 PM
biffstephens

MM3 U.S.S Barb SSN 596 (I know I know...OLD) Based out of SD from 87 to 89

I was not a fan really.....glad I did it....glad I got out....

Learned a lot....including that the military was not for me....

Wheel Spacers? Aluminum Fairleads? Winch Rope? LEDS? Winches? Accessories.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Biff
post #18 of 27 Old 06-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Grady

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundClearance
What squadron are you at? I've got a couple friends stationed there, AM2 Hughes and AZ3 Ulrich? They both made it this cycle too.
Don't know either. Tell them to look for a red TJ with Guam tags.
VAW-112 until July 9th then AIMD Pt. Mugu.
Congrats on the AM3.

post #19 of 27 Old 06-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

!989-1999 SeaBee, The men's division of the Navy.

J/K I was a CE2 when I got out. I made E-5 in 1year 7months> I had a hard time with the bs and my military bearing was 3.2 So even though I maxed out on awards points and pna points, I never made E-6.

I met my wife (she got out in 1996 as a UT2) while in A-school in Port Hueneme. We got married in Adak Alaska (married 16 years come October) 3 years in Adak, 3 Years in SanDiego at Naval Training Center. I was one of the Last Staff NTC CE2 Mathew Vassek. Then Spent the remainder of my time in Port Hueneme CA at NMCB 5 and 31st NCR.

I have used my Construction Electrician training plus all the other construction training I obtained in the Navy to make a very good living since I got out.

I enjoyed all of the people I met and had a great time. I disliked the military BS mustering 2 hours early etc.. But I would do it all over again. It was worth it to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
post #20 of 27 Old 06-02-2006, 08:09 PM
TJgreg

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdieselpowa
TJgreg, I'm in 2nd company, right now I'm in summer school, Yankee co. Yourself?

11th co (2/c) What are you there for, chem? I did that last summer, no fun. Take a look at marylandjeepclub.org, great bunch of guys and a couple mids on there too.

Semper Fi
post #21 of 27 Old 06-02-2006, 08:12 PM
TJgreg

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hock
Does anyone at USNA like USNA when you're there? I think if you do, there might be something wrong w/you. Class of '87, O5, NASA Houston.

I just finished painting a giant Black N on the wall in the bar I built in my house. Matches my sweater perfectly!
IHTFP! im sure you know that one...man i hate the place, halfway done though. My bro just got comissioned so there's a light at the end of the tunnel, though some say its just a big freight train heading right for me.

My roomate lives right off space center blvd, and his neighbor works over there at nasa, old AF guy

so what did you do for the black N? My bro hit for the cycle, 2 major conducts (one was drinking in the hall), an honor offense and 3 ac-boards. apparently the USMC stil wanted him

Semper Fi
post #22 of 27 Old 06-02-2006, 08:51 PM
catdieselpowa

haha, I am only one year down and I already have 21 days restriction, 26 tours, 85 demerits, and 6 hours of extra duty under my belt. I spent my spring break here on restriction for some bogus major conduct offense saying I was disobeying direct orders from Army week rules of engagement. Oh, I just had an Ac board also. haha, IHTFP, but I keep the faith hoping it will all be worth it. Oh, and greg, I am here for chem also, blows hardcore. Then I'm taking Nav II right after chem to get ahead, then I'm takin YP north 3rd block in lieu of leave.
post #23 of 27 Old 06-03-2006, 04:04 AM
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

I get seasick staring at a bowl of soup.

Thanks for your service folks .

'93 Cherokee Sport 4.0 man. 4.5" Black Diamond/ O.M.E., JKS control arms, discos, track bar, rear D44/detroit, 35x12.5 BFGmt's,33x13.5 LTBs,AlloyUSA shafts, oba, Warn M8000 multi-mount
'97 Cherokee Sport 5spd,231, white, stock
'90 Cherokee Pioneer 4.0 auto, 6" homebrew long arm lift, 33x10.5 BFG MT's, etc.
'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

"Personally, I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making some more."

"Don't believe everything you think..."
post #24 of 27 Old 06-03-2006, 04:06 AM
Luksi

My best friend just got home on leave. He is gonna be stationed in CA somewhere I think. But I think he is in the airforce. I have no clue his rank or anything...
post #25 of 27 Old 06-03-2006, 01:49 PM
TJgreg

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdieselpowa
haha, I am only one year down and I already have 21 days restriction, 26 tours, 85 demerits, and 6 hours of extra duty under my belt. I spent my spring break here on restriction for some bogus major conduct offense saying I was disobeying direct orders from Army week rules of engagement. Oh, I just had an Ac board also. haha, IHTFP, but I keep the faith hoping it will all be worth it. Oh, and greg, I am here for chem also, blows hardcore. Then I'm taking Nav II right after chem to get ahead, then I'm takin YP north 3rd block in lieu of leave.

i'll be on yp's 3rd block as well, should be a **** show.

Semper Fi
post #26 of 27 Old 06-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

GMG / EOD in the early 80's rode gators out of little creek. Loved it, underway 10 mos out of the year.

- Ernie

post #27 of 27 Old 06-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

24 years. Retired.

Warren
Black 1996 5.2L ZJ Limited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in