Who absolutely hated the Navy? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 42 Old 05-09-2010, 03:49 PM
RedHotChiliDog

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus_jack View Post
I totally agree. I'm not saying Im not glad I did it. It saved my life honestly. Got me out of my crappy town and away from the drugs I was on. The best times of my life were in the navy. Made a man outta me, recommend it to everyone coming out of high school
If you want kids to join, or you think they should, why would you ***** about the navy and how much it sucked?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 42 Old 05-10-2010, 01:16 PM
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
Hmmm... I'd say you shouldn't be an officer with your attitude.
Agreed, I should never be a commissioned officer with my attitude- I'm not nearly as up tight as one should be IOT be one.

That's why I'm trying to be a warrant officer, I want to fly helicopters- not desks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Or Zona because he reminds me of charlie sheen
post #18 of 42 Old 05-10-2010, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
cactus_jack

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUGGE View Post
If you want kids to join, or you think they should, why would you ***** about the navy and how much it sucked?
well, probably because i'm only voicing my opinion. I think everyone should join some branch of military when they graduate high school. Everyone has to do their own research on it and see if it's best for them. It was not best for me. If could do it over again I would go Air Force or Marines.

But I'll tell you what im not gonna do: Im not gonna bull **** everyone and say "oh gee golly gosh durn-it the navy is great." 99% of the people I knew in the Navy hated it. It's just not a people friendly atmosphere. If I were to recommend a branch, it wouldn't be the navy. Bottom line

CACTUS_JACK
98 XJ Sport Budget Build

post #19 of 42 Old 05-10-2010, 07:21 PM
tylerd

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaJeep View Post
No, the Naval Academy beats West Point in football every year. Don't connect me to those assclown cadets.
Hey!! That's my future college!!
post #20 of 42 Old 05-11-2010, 08:10 AM
nwiTJdave

All I can say is FINALLY it appears the Marine Corps will be getting some recognition from the Senate and maybe we will actually get a decent budget lol. It appears Congress will finally approve the Dept of the Navy AND the Marine Corps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
This is for fighting, this is for fun.
post #21 of 42 Old 05-11-2010, 09:37 AM
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUGGE View Post

Did you seriously just come into a thread that was FOR PRIOR SAILORS and attack the OP for voicing his opinion?

1) This was not a recruitment thread.
2) Everyone has an opinion about his or her job/boss and its not always nice. THATS LIFE.
3) If you actually read his post, it says he LOVED HIS JOB just dislike the political side of it. You will find this statement to be true in over 90% of service members. We like the job and what we do, but not the politics that comes with it.

- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
post #22 of 42 Old 05-18-2010, 08:12 PM
sadass

1998 ZJ 

Cactus Jack, correct me if I am wrong But I think I can under stand why you would hate the Navy. Were it not the Ship board HT rate that was referred to as Turd chasers?. am I close?

5NineZJ,35mtr/k IRO 7" LA F/R Detroit F/HP-4.56 R/Aussie 44A. ARB Snorkel/JRC Sliders/ Protofab w/9500S./Bushwhackers. Novak242 TCcable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 42 Old 05-19-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
cactus_jack

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
Cactus Jack, correct me if I am wrong But I think I can under stand why you would hate the Navy. Were it not the Ship board HT rate that was referred to as Turd chasers?. am I close?
haha, it's only the Pipe Shop HTs that have to chase turds. Those guys hate their lives. I was a shipfitter. I got to play with all the cool machines and make stuff out of metal, my most favorite job I've ever had anywhere. God I miss that! What is your rate?

CACTUS_JACK
98 XJ Sport Budget Build
post #24 of 42 Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 AM
sadass

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus_jack View Post
haha, it's only the Pipe Shop HTs that have to chase turds. Those guys hate their lives. I was a shipfitter. I got to play with all the cool machines and make stuff out of metal, my most favorite job I've ever had anywhere. God I miss that! What is your rate?
Good deal for you then, I remember talking to the Ht's in the Pipe shop when I was going for My ESWS qualification, they were not to excited about there Job when it came to working in the Head.
As for my rate, I had two NEC's , Primary was Electronic Warfare Technician, Secondary Nec was Rescue Swimmer, HOO YAH!!!!!! Later ShipMate

5NineZJ,35mtr/k IRO 7" LA F/R Detroit F/HP-4.56 R/Aussie 44A. ARB Snorkel/JRC Sliders/ Protofab w/9500S./Bushwhackers. Novak242 TCcable.

post #25 of 42 Old 05-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Denz

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Spent 6yrs in the Navy (EN & MR3) and it was the best and worst times of my life. It's not for everyone I will agree with that, but it got me on my feet and pushed me to make something out of my life. If not for me being married and having kids I would most likly still be in.
post #26 of 42 Old 05-22-2010, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
cactus_jack

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denz View Post
Spent 6yrs in the Navy (EN & MR3) and it was the best and worst times of my life. It's not for everyone I will agree with that, but it got me on my feet and pushed me to make something out of my life. If not for me being married and having kids I would most likly still be in.
agree with that my friend...by the way, have you heard that MRs are the nukes of engineering dept? just an old aircraft carrier joke. Im sure you've heard it. Nice to see someone on here who knows what it's like to be in R-Div!

CACTUS_JACK
98 XJ Sport Budget Build
post #27 of 42 Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 AM
MNCrocodile
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The best and worst of times is a pretty accurate way to put it.
I was in for 4 years, and was on the USS Saratoga for 2 weeks of Desert Sheild and all of Desert Storm. I was also there for most of the Sara's final cruise.
I probably would have stayed in longer if it wasn't for planning to get married. I had seen too many marriages fall apart from the stress of being gone a half a year at a time.
I haven't heard that MR's were the "nukes of engineering". But, I did start as a Nuke, and ended up as MR2!
post #28 of 42 Old 05-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Denz

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I knew a MM3 was a nuke drop out. We allways gave him crap about him not earning his Chevron like the rest of us. Yes, it is nice to see fellow R-DIV guys on here. Though I am kinda a snipe too. The last ship that I was on the MR was in A-GANG and I have to stand watch in the main engine room underway, so hence the EN/MR. And it just allways seem that those EN's love to break stuff. Allmost as must as the Airdales like breaking off bolts in those dam EA6B Prowlers.
post #29 of 42 Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Apollo21

2002 WJ 

what's wrong with us Academy Mids? I'm not at Annapolis, thank God, but i'd still like to know.

Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread
SOLD
post #30 of 42 Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
cactus_jack

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo21 View Post
what's wrong with us Academy Mids? I'm not at Annapolis, thank God, but i'd still like to know.
well man, here's how us enlisted dudes see it. Academy officers have a bad rep because most of them are ****** bags. As long as you're not an *** to your junior sailors serving below you, they will treat you with respect. Don't be a jerk just because you wear a khaki uniform. There are too many academy officers out there that be straight up ****** bags just because they can be. Don't get a chip on your shoulder and respect the ones turning the wrenches and swabbing the p-ways. They bust their arses for you and you should acknowledge that and respect it. Good luck to ya...sir

CACTUS_JACK
98 XJ Sport Budget Build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in