A Marine writes home from Iraq - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 Old 11-03-2006, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

And you still don't get my point. Your rant could be transplanted into any of ten different threads in the General Forum today as it had nothing to do with the subject, an insightful well-written letter. You simply choose to rant without contributing anything besides your political views. Your oblique reference to feeling the author of the letter shouldn't be there notwithstanding. In other words, yours was just another typical rant that ignored the amazing letter itself.

When you have a choice, buy American made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 11-03-2006, 11:35 AM
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj
you're right that you don't see any senators over there.....they are senators, not soldiers. i'm not over there either. i'm an accountant; i sit in an office. that's what i do. last i checked, the draft was not put back into effect. what that pretty much means is military personnel are in the military because they chose to be. they knew what they were signning up for when they inlisted. my wife's cousin inlisted in the army after this war started. he's still over there. he knew exactly what was going to happen when he joinned. no one made him do that. pretty sure they didn't expect to go to art school when those men and women inlisted in the military. please don't confuse the issue. don't think for a second you can express those soldier's intentions for them. "everyday people" become senators, they also become soldiers.

ignorance is bliss i suppose.
Damn fine post.

88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
post #33 of 38 Old 11-03-2006, 11:38 AM
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlex234
yes, i know some of you were in war and are going but im sorry, i rather see you at home. drinking a beer, making love to your woman, complaining about the mail etc..WHILE THE TERRORISTS ARE WORKING ON KILLING YOUR WIFE AND LOVED ONES.
There, fixed it for you.

88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.

post #34 of 38 Old 11-03-2006, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin
There, fixed it for you.
Sad to say but how you editted his post is true. The terrorists have said many times they would love to kill our wives and children in the name of Jihad.

When you have a choice, buy American made.
post #35 of 38 Old 11-03-2006, 11:55 AM
wm69
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlex234
my point is that it sucks he has to be there, it sucks has to deal with all of that, this war has turned ugly, and its everyday people like us that feel the brunt of it. this past month was the worse its hard to sit back and want the war to continue.
yes, i know some of you were in war and are going but im sorry, i rather see you at home. drinking a beer, making love to your woman, complaining about the mail etc..
I don't think ANYONE here wants to war to continue, and yes IT DOES SUCK, as all wars always have and always will. Lots of things in life suck, but that doesn't mean you sit around and don't do what needs to be done. Your "everything should be hunky-dory" is nice but it's also childish and ignorant of reality. When you say "its everyday people like us that feel the brunt of it" you are whining why? How in the hell are you feeling "the brunt of it"? Unless you are over there fighting you have it good, as does every American who is not over there fighting. The guys over there didn't enlist because they thought it would be fun, or because it they like the idea that it would "suck" over there. All soldiers always want to come home, but sometimes there's a job that needs to be done and they are getting it done. Anyone who voluteers for our military is a higher form of American. You can wish them to come home safely, you can wish the war to end, but the way you state your opinion is insulting to our service people. You should be ashamed.

85 CJ7 258, borla header, Team Rush, MC2100 ,optima batt, Warn 8274, agr super box 2 & pump, T5 w/ B&M shifter, centerforce 2, superior 1 piece axles, warn hubs 2.5 in lift, 31" BFG MT

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
post #36 of 38 Old 11-03-2006, 12:04 PM
wm69
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT/BLTHOMAS

You want a special button for that?

No one made you sign the docs and join kid. It was your decision. Just so you know.
He should get a hell of a lot more than a special button. He made a decision of self sacrifice. He deserves respect and gratitude of every citizen of this country at the very least and he will certainly both from me and anyone else who will put their damn political views aside and realize the sacrifice that these people make.

Achped, thank you for your service. Thank you for protecting our way of life. Thank you for leaving your own family to protect mine. Leave your home knowing that every night my 3 year old daugter prays for the safe return of our "sojers".

Stay safe over there.

85 CJ7 258, borla header, Team Rush, MC2100 ,optima batt, Warn 8274, agr super box 2 & pump, T5 w/ B&M shifter, centerforce 2, superior 1 piece axles, warn hubs 2.5 in lift, 31" BFG MT

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
post #37 of 38 Old 11-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Why J?

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69
He should get a hell of a lot more than a special button. He made a decision of self sacrifice. He deserves respect and gratitude of every citizen of this country at the very least and he will certainly both from me and anyone else who will put their damn political views aside and realize the sacrifice that these people make.

Achped, thank you for your service. Thank you for protecting our way of life. Thank you for leaving your own family to protect mine. Leave your home knowing that every night my 3 year old daugter prays for the safe return of our "sojers".

Stay safe over there.
X2, thank you sir.

New Project "Pissed Wife"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 38 Old 11-03-2006, 12:11 PM
trance_junkie

Thank you as well! I appreciate all you do to protect the freedoms that we are all excerisizing!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in