HI HO Coast Guard I Go - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-08-2003, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
dontpush

HI HO Coast Guard I Go

yea, so mid summer i'll be sent off to New Jersey for seven weeks of boot camp but after that i'll be restationed in cali i'm signed up for 4 years and going in as an E2. but once i hit my E3 i'll be doing aviation survival technician (AST). jumpin out of heliocopters and search and rescue. this is gonna be a blast. hope to meet some of you cali jeepers out there and have some time off to go wheeling whith ya. just thought i would share my news with you guys

bobby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-08-2003, 07:02 PM
NJJeeper

The Cape May base is great. We ride by sometimes and watch the helicopters take off.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-08-2003, 10:30 PM
JeepingMoose

Again, from a former fellow Coastie...Well done! I am sure you will enjoy the heck out of the service! Don't let the a-holes in boot get to you, though! I think the worst part of boot will be doing it in mid-summer...Hot and Humid!! UGH!!!
Do us proud!
God Bless America!

post #4 of 11 Old 04-08-2003, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
dontpush

thanks for the support. i cant wait till they whip my a** into shape
post #5 of 11 Old 04-09-2003, 12:26 AM
foreverjeepin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats dontpush, I started out in the CG and loved it, as said above, boot is just a mind game, don't let it bother you. Get into shape before hand, then everything will be a breeze......Good luck

97 Sahara, dual tops, 4.5 Rubicon Express LA, 1" B/L and motor mounts, 33" Super Swampers or 35" MTR's, Warn 9.5ti, locked and geared, Warn bumpers at each end as well as other upgrades.

"LEAD TODAY OR BE LOST TOMORROW"
post #6 of 11 Old 04-09-2003, 07:59 PM
bassicrob

My friend is stationed with the CG down there in Cape May. I've been down there a few times and it is a blast. I'll be heading down there a few times this summer I hope, maybe we catch up and do some wheeling. His brother just joined too, and I wonder if he'll be with you in Boot. He's got a Bronco he likes to abuse, so we could all have a lil' fun. (some more than others )

J_ep '93 XJ Country w/ RE 3.5", OME shocks, 31x10.5 BFG AT/KO's on AR-767s, TW SYE and DS for NP-242 TC, XD9000i, K&N Cone, Flowmaster Delta 40
Proud Survivor of a Rollover!! :) Flip & Roll Club Member #2

Daily Driver: 2006 Volvo S40

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Tango

Re: HI HO Coast Guard I Go

Quote:
Originally posted by dontpush
i'll be doing aviation survival technician (AST). jumpin out of heliocopters and search and rescue. this is gonna be a blast.
I am a former Force Recon Marine and I thought about maybe going in the Coast Guard to do the AST or patrol high drug traffic waters I thought that would be a fun Job but I got scared that I would get stuck scrapping paint off the bottom of boats.... so I never even called them
but that was a few years ago its probably to late for me now so go and have fun but be safe.

Brian

02 TJ 4.5" of lift , Locked Both ends, with 4.56's pushing 33X12.50 MTR's

post #8 of 11 Old 04-09-2003, 11:45 PM
JeepingMoose

Tango says: "but I got scared that I would get stuck scrapping paint off the bottom of boats.... so I never even called..."

I was a Gunners Mate in the CG and had a blast! I spent my first 2 years in the Gulf of Mexico/Central America/South America, busting runners and dealing with boat people. Git'Mo Bay was a kick in the a**! The Marines there are a wild bunch!
If you keep with the ASM rating and don't go BM you'll do fine and avoid a lot of hull scraping!
Have fun and don't forget to visit Wildwood on your off-base liberty towards the end of boot! (Just keep away from the hookers!)
post #9 of 11 Old 04-10-2003, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
dontpush

i'm not looking for STD'S just the AST
post #10 of 11 Old 04-10-2003, 10:42 AM
EC1384

Hey dontpush i am planning on doing the same thing in the coast guard. i leave for boot camp in august. But i thought boot camp was 8 weeks?? Good Luck
post #11 of 11 Old 04-11-2003, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
dontpush

Quote:
Originally posted by EC1384
Hey dontpush i am planning on doing the same thing in the coast guard. i leave for boot camp in august. But i thought boot camp was 8 weeks?? Good Luck
ya i just found out it was 7or8 weeks, i'll be leaving to nj in mid summer. cant wait. this is gonna be a blast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in