No Speaker Sound - all of a sudden - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-05-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
My2Sense

No Speaker Sound - all of a sudden

Last week my 2011 Jeep Liberty Renegade lost sound to all of its speakers. It seems like a complete loss of power to them. No sound from U-connect either.

I have a completely stock system with NAV (RHB), and the fuses checked good (M10 - Radio etc. and M12 - Amp)

Everything on the radio's display works as normal. Just no sound.

So before I start pulling everything apart... is there a probable cause?

Also, where's the factory amp located?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-17-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
My2Sense

So, about a week ago the radio speakers started working again. All by themselves. Meaning, I didn't do anything.

However, I did find this interesting bit of info today.

Battery Killed the Radio Star

This bulletin applies to a host of 2008-2009 Chrysler vehicles, including the Jeep Liberty, equipped with the MyGig radio (sales code REN or REZ).

When performing repairs that require battery cable removal, the feed fuse for the radio (30 amp) must be removed prior to disconnecting or reconnecting the battery. Disconnecting or reconnecting that battery can cause electrical spikes that may damage the MyGig – REN or REZ radio.

Removal of the fuse will prevent this from occurring.

https://www.autoserviceprofessional....the-radio-star

Anyway, even though the above bulletin doesn't apply to my 2011 with the RHB radio, it's probably a good idea to remove the appropriate fuse when disconnecting the battery.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-28-2019, 09:35 AM
gjp1459
2006 WK 

How do you fix it if the fuse was not removed? My friend has a 2008 Liberty and he had someone else work on the blower. Now he has no sound, you can see everything working on the stereo, it just doesn’t have sound. We checked the 30 amp fuse and it was good.

George
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK Limited 5.7L Hemi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in