No heat drivers side 2012 Liberty - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By lfhoward

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 01-13-2018, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Terryannj
2012 KK Liberty 

No heat drivers side 2012 Liberty

Hi. I've got a 2012 Liberty; 100k miles; currently I'm not getting any heat on the driver's side floor vent. Passenger side works fine. I've got heat out of the front & side vents just not the floor vent. Obviously it's not the thermostat. Will probably need to take it to Jeep dealer. Just curious if anyone has had this same issue. Thanks. Terryann

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-13-2018, 08:10 AM
KG4MXV
2011 KK Liberty 

Does you liberty have a separate driver / passenger temperature control?
post #3 of 12 Old 01-13-2018, 09:20 AM
lfhoward

2008 KK Liberty 

Some people who reported this problem have fixed it by flushing the heater core.

2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic

post #4 of 12 Old 01-13-2018, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Terryannj
2012 KK Liberty 

No it does not have separate controls.
How does flusing heater core help? If I have heat everywhere but the drivers side floor.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-13-2018, 11:59 AM
lfhoward

2008 KK Liberty 

Hmmm. Ok, the folks where the heater core flush worked had heat on one side of the cabin and not the other. With your specific situation it could be something to do with the mode door actuator or the mode door itself malfunctioning. Neither is good news because they are hard to get to without some dash disassembly. One easy thing to check before taking it in for a diagnosis is whether the fuzzy carpeted panel above the foot pedals is blocking your heater vent outlet. As it gets old it sags down, or maybe it was kicked askew. Thereís a hole though it where the heated air is supposed to blow. A quick clarifying question: are you getting no air in your footwell or is it blowing cold air?

post #6 of 12 Old 12-08-2019, 08:57 AM
fatboy248

I have the same issue with my 2010 Liberty. Blowing cold air from drivers side floor vent. Hot everywhere else.
post #7 of 12 Old 12-08-2019, 09:04 AM
fatboy248

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
Hmmm. Ok, the folks where the heater core flush worked had heat on one side of the cabin and not the other. With your specific situation it could be something to do with the mode door actuator or the mode door itself malfunctioning. Neither is good news because they are hard to get to without some dash disassembly. One easy thing to check before taking it in for a diagnosis is whether the fuzzy carpeted panel above the foot pedals is blocking your heater vent outlet. As it gets old it sags down, or maybe it was kicked askew. Thereís a hole though it where the heated air is supposed to blow. A quick clarifying question: are you getting no air in your footwell or is it blowing cold air?
I have the same issue with my 2010 Liberty. Blowing cold air from drivers side floor vent. Hot everywhere else.
post #8 of 12 Old 12-08-2019, 01:26 PM
lfhoward

2008 KK Liberty 

Sounds like you need to flush the heater core. There are no internal doors that change the temp left to right, so if you have differences side to side in the temperature, one side of your heater core is likely clogged.
DarkSport11 likes this.

post #9 of 12 Old 12-08-2019, 03:59 PM
jtec
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

a hail mary - change the cabin air filters, check lower L/S discharge before going to dealer,

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #10 of 12 Old 12-10-2019, 09:34 AM
fatboy248

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
Sounds like you need to flush the heater core. There are no internal doors that change the temp left to right, so if you have differences side to side in the temperature, one side of your heater core is likely clogged.
Its strange that I get heat on drivers side defrost and vent, just not on the floor. Ice cold at floor vent.
post #11 of 12 Old 12-12-2019, 05:50 PM
pgcooldad

Both heater core tubes are on the topside of the core, debris settle to the bottom and plugs up the portion that air travels through and feeds the drivers side footwell first.

I fixed this issue by flushing and reverse flushing the heater core until no debris come out, installing a 5/8" power steering hose filter, then flipping the coolant hoses at the engine bay firewall. I went from freezing my feet last winter to cooking my toes this winter.
post #12 of 12 Old 12-31-2019, 06:22 PM
vthrock1
2012 KK Liberty 

I'd try Pgcooldads fix, I had the same trouble took it to a shop and they replaced the entire heater unit about $800, I was told that the internal door that directs heat from the vents, to floor to defrost was broken and the only way to fix was to replace the whole unit, on mine there was just no heat on the drivers side floor and very little on the passenger side.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in