No heat, blend door not moving - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-06-2018, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Jleal

2010 Liberty Sport. I went to use the heater the other day and only got cold air. I jumped on this forum and found a library of no heat posts, read a handful and decided to check out the blend door actuator. I quickly confirmed that the heat blend door actuator wasn't moving when heat was adjusted. So I peeled the tape back on the wiring harness and was able to swap the plug for the vent for actuator with that for the heat blend actuator. After doing so I adjusted both knobs and while under the control of the vent knob, the heat blend door actuator works. Under heat knob control the vent selector door now doesn't work. This leads me to believe that the heat control knob or something in the hvac control unit is bad. It's there any way to test the hvac controls? Does anybody have a pinout for the controller? Any help/advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Chereveco
2008 KK Liberty 

Garage
This is what you need....

Regards,

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Neil Cordoba de Jongh
Costa Rica
post #3 of 8 Old 12-15-2018, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Jleal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereveco View Post
This is what you need....

Regards,

Is this the blend door actuator?

I ended up ordering a replacement climate control off of ebay. It came today and I tried it out. After I plugged it in and tried to adjust the heat, it opened the blend door to full heat but then wouldn't adjust back. I unplugged the unit and plugged in my original unit to see if I could get it off of full heat. It adjusted back to full cool and now it is working properly allowing me to adjust the temp, weird.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-15-2018, 08:08 PM
Chereveco
2008 KK Liberty 

Garage
Yeap, it is...

Neil Cordoba de Jongh
Costa Rica
post #5 of 8 Old 12-19-2018, 10:36 AM
brian-mcBride

Hi!
i have also place a order at eBay for the same and received on time but after all i am not happy coz couldn't adjust properly.

if anyone fro you have suggestion please share with me. thanks...........
post #6 of 8 Old 08-11-2019, 01:42 AM
DragoneFire
2011 KK Liberty 

I am looking for detailed instructions on how to change these parts out. There are 3 of them, 2 near the driver, one near the HVAC unit behind glovebox. Mine is the same, all cold, no heat. Parts are $40 a pop, so $120 of course to change the 3 which is what i want to do so i get the right one change out, Jeep has 130K on it anyway, might as well change them all. If you find instructions on how to get access to them, please let me know.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-12-2019, 05:56 AM
lfhoward

2008 KK Liberty 

Read through this thread for instructions on how to change out the mode door and blend door.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...?f=104&t=82363

2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
post #8 of 8 Old 08-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Chereveco
2008 KK Liberty 

Garage
Hi, there,

I replaced the actuator, just because I had a new OEM, in my hand, but I didn't feel any difference; Only a little warm output, and only after a while driving the Jeep, so I still, no resolution on that one, I have to confess that in Costa Rica where I live not having heater of full heater, is not a big deal. The drive on the higher slopes is easy, just turn A/C button off, and the heat that comes irradiated from the engine bay keeps the cockpit somewhat warm, ( last time it was at 11 Fahrenheit over "El Cerro de la muerte" or Dead man peak ); some times to the needing of some cold air coming from the outside, to refresh the interior....

Regards,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in