• 1 Post By Rob K

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-17-2021, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
daddyjeep87
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Next Level '11 KK build

I have never posted in this section before, but I'm pretty active over in the YJ section because of this thing...

Why am I here you ask? Well, my buddy TJ has this 2011 KK that we are building so he can run with me in the big rocks. It is currently built about as much as you can with conventional off the shelf parts. It has some lift and custom bumpers. He has wheeled it a bunch and has ran quite a few black trails at Rausch Creek with it even. He has the mangled skid plates to prove it.

Here is a shot from a Jeep Night at our County Fair that I hosted.

What are we going to do to this thing to make it "next level" as the title indicates? Well we already have a set of 2008 Superduty axles in the shop that TJ has been cleaning up to put under the KK. These will be built with 5.38:1 gears and a Detroit Locker up front and most likely a factory Ford selectable in the rear. It will be 3 or 4 linked on both ends with coil overs. We picked up some 40x13.5-17 Gladiator X Comp MT's for it the other night.

I will post here as much as I can as well as on my YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoX...KnS4YAtuWZtt9w

My YJ build is linked in my signature if anyone wants to check that out.

87 YJ, 5.7/TH350/NP241/HP Dana44/9", Custom 4 link/ Radius Arms, ADS Nitrogen Shocks, 35" Cooper STT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-17-2021, 08:19 PM
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for posting. This will be something new for us to view and learn. We see mostly bumpers, small lifts and minor upgrades.
daddyjeep87 likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-12-2021, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
daddyjeep87
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
So it begins.....

TJ is currently finishing up the front Dana 60 and I will have more videos 0n that process soon.

87 YJ, 5.7/TH350/NP241/HP Dana44/9", Custom 4 link/ Radius Arms, ADS Nitrogen Shocks, 35" Cooper STT

post #4 of 5 Old 10-18-2021, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
daddyjeep87
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
The next video in the series is up on the Youtube. It covers stripping the Dana 60 front axle in preparation for a bunch of goodies from Artec.

post #5 of 5 Old 10-19-2021, 02:08 AM
vroom vroom

Garage
subscribed thanks!

Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in