Jack Stands thru Floor Pan - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-19-2019, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
french69ssrs
2011 KK Liberty 

Jack Stands thru Floor Pan

I Did the Nasty
I did Not Put the Jack Stands in the Right place Under my Daughters 20011 Jeep Liberty KK.
Long Story, I Knew better.

So I wound up Punching 2 Big “Gashes” in the Floor Pan.
Then I looked for How to Remove the Kick Panels/ Sill Trim and could not find anything for the KK !

I took some Pics for Others to help them out 😊
1) I Removed the Kick Panels –
2) Pull the Top of the Kick Panel where it Wraps around the Door Seal, First Inward, Then as I bent the Top of the Panel Inward/ Pull it up. There is a Tab in the Back that Locks the Back of the Door Sill Cover.
3) There are Large Wire Harnesses in the Channels I just Ripped into, None of the Wires were Damaged,
4) I Pulled the Wire Covers up and Moved the Wire Harness over so I could Pound the Sheet Metal Back Down.
5) I Bet the Floor Pan Back Down, Covered the Splits with Plastic Tape and Sprayed Under Coat over the Top, let it Dry and Moved the Wire Harness back, Covers, Carpet and Kick Panels.
6) Using the Tape and Under Coating on the Bottom Side to Seal it Up.
Make Sure the Jack Stands are Always on the Frame or Suspension parts.
Timmy

Attached Thumbnails
2011 Jiberty LH Trim Removal.jpg   2011 Jiberty LH Wire Harness.jpg   2011 Jiberty LH Floor Banged out.jpg   2011 Jiberty LH Floor Taped and Undercoated.jpg   2011 Jiberty RH Kick Panel Removal.jpg  

2011 Jiberty Floor Banged out Hammer.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-26-2019, 08:28 PM
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Glad no one got hurt. Looks like you have it patched up decent. Keep an eye on it since rust will start sooner in those locations. Next time jack on the uni-frame. The manual shows where to do so, but maybe you know already. The front cross member under the engine compartment would be acceptable also. It is pretty high though. I have jacked under the lower control arms, but it's risky since they are not flat. I've done it just long enough to slide jack stands under without going under the vehicle. Have to make sure the jack it just in the right place so it doesn't slide.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in