Backup camera help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-23-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
hersheleller40
1937 CJ2A 

Backup camera help

My 2012 Liberty came with the mygig radio but doesnít have the backup camera. I need to install one because my wife had neck surgery and canít turn her head much. I would like to do the factory camera. My questions are : 1. Is the wiring harness there or does it need to be run. 2. Will the radio need to be flashed by the dealer.

And help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-24-2019, 10:48 PM
kensil
2012 WK 

When I researched a backup camera for my 2012 Liberty, I learned Libertyís did not have a factory built-in backup camera option even though some radios supported backup cameras. Jeep did offer a back-up camera kit, but it had its own display screen that attached to the dashboard. So, I used an aftermarket back-up camera kit that plugged directly into my OEM nav radio (430N/RHB). The kit included a camera that installed into the rear hatch brow above the license plate and a wiring harness that ran back to the radio. The instructions for the Jeep kit were helpful in how to get into the rear hatch. The feature did not need dealer activation. There were several kits available at the time. Good luck with your project.

post #3 of 3 Old 08-25-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
hersheleller40
1937 CJ2A 

Thanks. I looked at several aftermarket. I was just hoping it would go through the radio. Guess Iíll go with an aftermarket one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in