JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   2010 Liberty transmission cooler. (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/2010-liberty-transmission-cooler-1132216/)

Krieg 11-23-2010 03:21 PM

2010 Liberty transmission cooler.

Hello, I'm a Jeep newbie so obviously new to the forum. Just bought a 2010 Liberty Sport and added an aftermarket trailer hitch receiver. It looks like my Liberty already came with a transmission cooler based on an under vehicle check and verification on MOPAR's parts website.

Is this standard on the 2010's? Is there anything else I need to add to bring the Liberty up to the 5000 Lb. rating?

Much thanks in advance for any help. :thumbsup:

tjkj2002 11-23-2010 03:30 PM

Your Liberty has a stand alone trans cooler,not a good setup for towing.For towing you want to have a in-radiator trans cooler then route the trans fluid to a AUX stand alone cooler then back to the trans,the best setup.Reason being the in-radiator cooler helps warm up the trans fluid so the trans operates correctly faster,also controls temp spikes in the fluid much better then just a stand alone cooler,then the AUX stand alone cooler drops the fluid temps down some then back to the trans to start the process all over.

'04-'11 Liberty's all use the same trans cooler setup and it is a common problem for the trans temp light to turn on when pushed hard,even with HD cooling,seen it all the time wheeling here in Colorado.You never hear about or see the trans temp light come on in '02-'03 Liberty's with just the in-radiator trans cooler(45RFE trans only),with or without HD cooling in the same conditions.

Krieg 11-23-2010 03:34 PM

Thank tjkj, does Mopar offer the set-up you describe? Are there any other upgrades (aside from tranny cooling)? Thanks for the fast response!

SuperRliBerty 12-06-2010 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krieg (Post 10501573)
Thank tjkj, does Mopar offer the set-up you describe? Are there any other upgrades (aside from tranny cooling)? Thanks for the fast response!

This radiator has a transmission cooler. Essentially the transmission fluid is circulated in the radiator and is "cooled" by the coolant

Happycow 07-21-2017 11:04 AM

I have a 2010 Jeep liberty I have to replace the transmission cooler Is it ok to use a after market tranmisson cooler and bypass the air condenser is Cheeper to replace it that way

Happycow 07-21-2017 11:28 AM

10 jeep liberty my transmission cooler needs to be replaced can I use an aftermarket transmission cooler to replace it The run through the air conditioner condenser this one won't it will is be separate

Happycow 07-21-2017 11:29 AM

I have a 2010 Jeep liberty my transmission cooler needs to be replaced can I use an aftermarket transmission cooler The old transmission cooler seems to run to the AC condenser but this one will be separate it is it is it OK to use

Steve40th 08-10-2017 04:54 PM

Did they change that in 2012? Why would they not integrate a cooler with radiator?

DragoneFire 08-11-2019 03:37 AM

So if the trans lines go to the radiator, that is aux cooling and if you plan on towing and not destroying your trans, you should get and additional transcooler such as the series 8000 from Derale I have been looking at.

The time now is 04:59 PM.