09 liberty rear lights issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-25-2020, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
robertjhaynes

09 liberty rear lights issues

Hi Forum, new member here, i have an issue with my wifes 09 liberty that is driving me crazy, i dont have any electrical problems other than the rear lights. heres what happens, every 4 or 5 days i have to change either the driving light or the brake light, on both sides, i even started using LED bulbs to try and fix the problem. and whats nerve wracking is its random, ie driving light left side, brake light right side or vice versa. the bulbs never last more than 5 days. and here is another thing i noticed. which ever bulb is out, the wire that connects in the socket has a bubble in the plastic, like its getting hot, and its only on the one thats burnt out. suggesting maybe its getting to hot there, from possibly to much voltage? anyways sorry to be so long winded, just wanted everyone who reads has a clear picture, any help much appreciated oh and thanks administrators for this forum

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-25-2020, 09:51 PM
pshivers
2008 KK Liberty 

My right brake light recently burnt out. Went to change it and the bulb was melted in to the socket. Bought a new socket assembly on amazon for $14 I think. Haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in